Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd place more blame on Wink and the defense. They got passive in the second half of the last quarter and allowed KC to convert 2 4th downs after really troubling them for most of the second half.

Yes LJ8 having to go 50 yards in 50 secs only passing is not ideal yet, and yes he made the rookie mistake of not shifting the pass protection to the left, but I'd argue the defense had basically already lost it for us

Yes, Wink choked. Changed to passive soft coverage....
so frustrating to lose a close game like that.

Geez we've had some savage losses lately.

Yesterday in OT, Nawlins on a missed extra point, Browns in OT, Cinci final game last second TD to miss playoffs, Steeler last second FG late last year.

It's part the product of the gameplan that we are in that spot often but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

What prompted you to get that GG? Making sure you get one before he walks as a FA?

I have a Mosely jersey in purple.

The all black jersey I got back in 2008 was Ray Rice :oops:

I threw it out.
i do like Mosely a lot. Was tossing up between the purple or black version, but decided on black as it would be more wearable out and about.

I only have two jerseys which I bought back in 2008 - a black Ray Lewis jersey and a purple Ed Reed one.

If I were to buy one now, it'd be of one of 3 players - Marshall Yanda, Marlon Humphrey or (and less likely right now until he proves himself a true NFL QB) Lamar Jackson

It's part the product of the gameplan that we are in that spot often but it doesn't make it hurt any less.
I think a large part of it in recent times is the complete lack of killer instinct or clutchness of most of the roster, and the defense in particular.

The number of times this defense has given up 4th and medium, or 4th and long plays deep into the 4th quarter is astounding

That OPI call on Crabtree that wiped the first down and the necessary roughness call after the punt return that brought us back deep in our own territory, The non PI call on Moore in the endzone were total homer bull s**t by the refs.

We never had a chance IMO. I was surprised we got as close as we did.

I only have two jerseys which I bought back in 2008 - a black Ray Lewis jersey and a purple Ed Reed one.

If I were to buy one now, it'd be of one of 3 players - Marshall Yanda, Marlon Humphrey or (and less likely right now until he proves himself a true NFL QB) Lamar Jackson

I only have a purple Ed Reed one. Really want to get a black one and I'm tossing up between the same 3 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw, Ravens Thread, welcome your newest Ravens fan....

19709.jpg

With Lamar Jackson, Ravens running more, passing less than any other team
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 15, 2018, 6:22 AM EST

GettyImages-1070646094-e1544872924579.jpg

Getty Images

To call the Ravens a run-first offense since Lamar Jackson took over as starting quarterback would be an understatement. The Ravens are choosing running over passing like no other team in the NFL.

In the four games since Jackson took over for Joe Flacco as the Ravens’ starter, Baltimore has run the ball 185 times, which is the most of any team in the NFL in that time. Meanwhile, Baltimore has passed the ball just 96 times, the fewest in the NFL over that time.

The Ravens’ nearly 2-to-1 run-pass ratio with Jackson as the quarterback is unheard of in today’s NFL, where NFL teams are averaging 35 passes and 26 runs per game in 2018.

So far this season Jackson has 471 rushing yards, which ranks third among quarterbacks, and just 687 passing yards, which ranks 37th in the NFL.

The question, however, is whether that kind of run-first approach is sustainable in the modern NFL, where rules have been written to favor passing offenses, and where passing has become a much more efficient way to move the football than running. A New York Times article about the Ravens’ new-look offense says in its headline that Baltimore is “unnerving” NFL defenses, but there’s little evidence that Jackson is going to be able to beat elite defenses without putting the ball in the air.

Fortunately for Jackson, he hasn’t been asked to beat elite defenses: The Ravens have won three games with Jackson as the starting quarterback, but those three games were against the Bengals, Raiders and Falcons, arguably the three worst defenses in the NFL. And on Sunday the Ravens face another bad defense, the Buccaneers.

Eventually, however, the Ravens are going to need to see Jackson play well against a good defense. And in today’s NFL, that will mean beating teams with his arm as well as his legs.

LJ looked a lot more comfortable from the before half time two minute drill onward. Just needs to stop fumbling EVERY game although it's not like Flacco is immune from turning the ball over.

Humphrey is getting better and better. Too bad we couldn't make the most of his INT. The defense continues to be a massive disappointment in 3rd/4th and 10+ situations. We desperately need to fix that.

I don't think we really look like a play off team despite the win. I think with the Steelers beating the Pats we're a long shot to make it now aren't we? With the Titans playing the Colts in the final week?

I don't think we really look like a play off team despite the win. I think with the Steelers beating the Pats we're a long shot to make it now aren't we? With the Titans playing the Colts in the final week?
We basically need to win out or, if we lose next week, need the Steelers to lose out and us beat the Browns in Week 17

can we miss a wild card against the colts etc if we go 1-1 rest of the way?
Yes, because Indy can easily end up at 10-6 if they beat the Giants and the Titans while the Ravens would be 9-7 if they split the remaining two games

And if the Titans win against Washington on Sunday (Saturday afternoon), then whoever wins that Week 17 game between the Titans and Indy would still finish 10-6

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back