Bancroft given a 0 match suspension for blatant ball tampering - LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Bancroft shot himself in the foot. Imagine doing that at test level with 10 matches under your belt. As talented as he is, we need to move past him and look to the next generation. He's already 30 and not part of the future of Australian cricket.

I crossed a triple century seen live off my Test Match bingo card thanks to his post ban career.
Glad you got to see him beat up on a pathetic Pakistan. Did you also see his other 59 innings since his return outside of the two against Pakistan, where he's averaged 27.8?
Did you catch his comeback Ashes series where he averaged 9.5?

Bancroft shot himself in the foot. Imagine doing that at test level with 10 matches under your belt. As talented as he is, we need to move past him and look to the next generation. He's already 30 and not part of the future of Australian cricket.
He isnt that talented. He’s a limited grafter.

Glad you got to see him beat up on a pathetic Pakistan. Did you also see his other 59 innings since his return outside of the two against Pakistan, where he's averaged 27.8?
Did you catch his comeback Ashes series where he averaged 9.5?
Hayden took 380 off the Zimbos and Cowper beat up on an England attack that was hardly world beating, 300 is 300 and I was still privileged to see it.

When discussing what Bancroft did, it is worth remembering this part of the ICC's official statement:

The umpires inspected the ball at that time and elected not to replace the ball and award a 5-run penalty as they could not see any marks on the ball that suggested that its condition had been changed as a direct result of Bancroft’s actions.

Hayden took 380 off the Zimbos and Cowper beat up on an England attack that was hardly world beating, 300 is 300 and I was still privileged to see it.

Its fashionable to beat up on Hayden's 380 because yeah it was against a s**t attack. But i was at the game - some seriously clean hitting and amazing entertainment. The last season when Gilly and Haydos just went bananas was like watching a T20 game in a test match lol. Hayden didn't slow down to make sure he made the record, he kept whacking sixes and fours.

Yeah fair play, 300 takes some doing no matter the opposition. Doesn't change my point though, in the test arena he's been picked on name alone for too long now, particularly for the overseas tours where he has a terrible record (excluding South Africa with conditions similar to Aus).

He's been gifted 19 matches in England for an average of 26 and a high score of 85.

10 matches in India for an average of 21.

5 matches each in Sri Lanka and West Indies with averages of 25 and 26.

You can't deny his unbelievable record at home, but his continued selection on these tours where he's been proven to not be up to standard is where my frustration has lied the last few years.

Anyway, this is a Bancroft thread.

He's probably earned a second chance like Smith and Warner have been afforded. But I probably won't be supporting him. The team is already unlikeable enough as it is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its fashionable to beat up on Hayden's 380 because yeah it was against a s**t attack. But i was at the game - some seriously clean hitting and amazing entertainment. The last season when Gilly and Haydos just went bananas was like watching a T20 game in a test match lol. Hayden didn't slow down to make sure he made the record, he kept whacking sixes and fours.

No one remembers gillys 100 in a session!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bancroft should never play for Australia again. It's a disgrace that Warner and Smith were allowed to return. It's justice at work that their form lines are currently rubbish.
Curious to know if you felt the same way about Faf Du Plessis and Vernon Philander, who were both found guilty (twice each) of ball tampering?

Do you think they should have been banned from cricket never to return?

Curious to know if you felt the same way about Faf Du Plessis and Vernon Philander, who were both found guilty (twice each) of ball tampering?

Do you think they should have been banned from cricket never to return?

Did South Africa have a mantra of always playing fair, be good sports and don't resort to cheating ?

Smith, Warner and Bancroft flushed Australia's reputation down the toilet!

Did South Africa have a mantra of always playing fair, be good sports and don't resort to cheating ?

Smith, Warner and Bancroft flushed Australia's reputation down the toilet!
Both Du Plessis and Philander were found guilty twice of ball tampering.

I’ll ask you again. Do you think they should have been banned never to return?

I'll ask you again did South Africa spend 30+ years building up a mantra of being good sports, always play in good spirit etc etc etc ?

We are not talking about South Africa, we are talking about Australia. It is different.

The Australian cricket team and board built a myth going all the way back to Bodyline about Australia playing the game in the right spirit unlike the evil Poms who bowled Bodyline, or the Indian pitch doctors, or the WI overusing short pitched bowling, or Pakistan and their umpires, etc.....This has been reinforced for a long long time - even when it seemed to be obviously bullshit.

And that is why this was a much bigger deal in Australia than it would have been in any other country. Those three killed the Aussie cricket myth.

Edit Xtreme beat me to it but same same.

We are not talking about South Africa, we are talking about Australia. It is different.

The Australian cricket team and board built a myth going all the way back to Bodyline about Australia playing the game in the right spirit unlike the evil Poms who bowled Bodyline, or the Indian pitch doctors, or the WI overusing short pitched bowling, or Pakistan and their umpires, etc.....This has been reinforced for a long long time - even when it seemed to be obviously bullshit.

And that is why this was a much bigger deal in Australia than it would have been in any other country. Those three killed the Aussie cricket myth.

Edit Xtreme beat me to it but same same.
WTF has this myth got anything to do with it?

I asked the question of the OP….and he won’t answer it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back