Test South Africa vs WI - 2 Tests plus sundry white ball matches

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the rate South Africa is scoring at 400 is on here, although the target is only 259

Seriously things like this happen on a cricket field? In a nutschell, there was a ball in tonights game heading to the boundary, and a ballboy kid picked up the ball (before it was about to land on the rope) . Powell would have probably saved the boundary as well.

258 would have been a competitive 50 over score, about 30 years ago. But T20 has changed the dynamics of how teams should play 50 over cricket.
What do you mean about 30 years ago? The average ODI score in the last 2 years is 254. It would be competitive now.

Yeah someone needs to pull that kid in line. Even at that age I knew basic things like stay well away from the field.

Yeah someone needs to pull that kid in line. Even at that age I knew basic things like stay well away from the field.
it reminds me a bit of when the security guard in an AFL game attempted to break up a brawl between a couple of players on an AFL field.

Some just havent been trained about the dynamics of the game.

Isn’t that kid meant to there as a ball boy? Looks like he didn’t interfere but probably should have been a few metres either side of the fielder.

The commentators mentioned last night that Centurion is played at above elevation (higher altitude).

Are there any grounds outside South Africa that are also played at elevation?

My guess is that by playing on higher elevation , balls tend to go higher in the air off the bat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back