Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Stars win

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure he is happy with his medal, would probably tell you that you can’t dance haha!

Oh he’s better than me but jeez he’s a leg spinning Chris Green!

Had this typed out during the innings break, but deleted it.

“Well deserved MOTM Colin Ingram, nothing tops scoring 50, no way anyone can better that.”

And of course, he did get MOTM. Last I recall, 1 wicket was about equal to 20 runs, so we should be seeing some bowlers with 3 wickets winning some awards, but as always, cricket is incredibly biased towards batsmen.

“Well deserved MOTM Colin Ingram, nothing tops scoring 50, no way anyone can better that.”

And of course, he did get MOTM. Last I recall, 1 wicket was about equal to 20 runs, so we should be seeing some bowlers with 3 wickets winning some awards, but as always, cricket is incredibly biased towards batsmen.

Quite a few bowlers have got MOTM awards this year.

It's a fair point. But in this case I think Ingram was the right choice. Laughlin got 3 but 2 were junk time wickets, O'Connor got 2 off of pies and Plunkett somehow managed 4.

It's a fair point. But in this case I think Ingram was the right choice. Laughlin got 3 but 2 were junk time wickets, O'Connor got 2 off of pies and Plunkett somehow managed 4.

Yep, easily MOTM. Head would have got it if he got 50 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But as I said, I already tipped it at the innings break, it was an easy assumption. If a player makes 50 in the 1st innings, chances are they will win MOTM.

Stars missing half their team. Would love CA to not be tied up with making $$ and return the BBL to an 8 game series, and schedule ODIs and tests so that no one is taken from any team.

Stars do this every single year. Why sign half your team if you know full well they are going to be in the national side? Defies any logic really. I could get maybe keeping Maxwell, as when he's available he's that good, however surely you could get another spinner for Zampa, etc. Hanscomb was an unfortunate circumstance for the Stars, the rest is their own fault.

Stars do this every single year. Why sign half your team if you know full well they are going to be in the national side? Defies any logic really. I could get maybe keeping Maxwell, as when he's available he's that good, however surely you could get another spinner for Zampa, etc. Hanscomb was an unfortunate circumstance for the Stars, the rest is their own fault.

to be fair, when you're signing players to multi-year deals, you're at the risk of it happening regardless.

to be fair, when you're signing players to multi-year deals, you're at the risk of it happening regardless.

Fair point but surely you get coverage for these players at least. Some Neville nobody is not coverage. Plunkett to replace 2 batsmen and a spinner makes very little sense.

Bowe is the cover for Zampa, you wouldn’t get rid of the no1 T20 bowler in Australia just because he might miss 3/16 games!

Gulbis is the cover for Stoinis, you hope Bravo steps up with Maxwell out. But no one even 1 month ago would have expected Handscomb to be missing and Head playing last night! Plus Maddinson being injured hasn’t helped as although he is back to cover them, he isn’t match fit

Back