BBL BBL|09 Game 6: Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers @ Manuka Oval 21st Dec 2019 6:10pm AEDT/5:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Waugh. If you start the over you have to finish it.

Why? If it starts pouring down rain in the second ball of the over you’d go off the ground and not stay out in the rain until the over was finished.

Why? If it starts pouring down rain in the second ball of the over you’d go off the ground and not stay out in the rain until the over was finished.

Rain analogy doesn't hold up. If it was pouring at the start of the oval they would have went off.

Smoke situation didn't change over the course of two balls. If it was ok to start the over, it was ok to finish it.

Rain analogy doesn't hold up. If it was pouring at the start of the oval they would have went off.

Smoke situation didn't change over the course of two balls. If it was ok to start the over, it was ok to finish it.

I'm only watching on TV, but I reckon it did get worse since the start of the over. The whole bit was done in less than 2 overs.

Would you like a bad light analogy instead?

They clearly thought it had gotten worse after the three balls, the umpire nearly getting decapitated probably factored in.

Really they probably shouldn't have started the over. You couldn't see s**t although Weatherald at ground level seemed to downplay it.

It is frustrating because I'd rather see a result. Would be particularly frustrating for the Thunder who got robbed out of the Heat lights out situation game.

If it was as hard to see at ground level as it was to see on TV then there was no way they should be playing out on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back