BBL BBL|09 Game 61 “Grand Final”: Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars @ SCG 8th Feb 2020 7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't even have a dog in this fight, I don't barrack for either the Stars or the Sixers, I just want to see a game of cricket to decide the BBL final.

I don't care where the game is played, just play it where there isn't any rain and give the Sixers the advantage of choosing to bat or bowl first.

The BBL is an an entertainment game, any game is better than no game at all. Watching rain tumble down with the covers on is not entertaining.
I'm totally with you on this brother. I have no problems with your position whatsoever.

I don't have a dog in this fight either, I couldn't be more disinterested in the BBL if I tried.

as opposed to losing the final without the match actually played?? and awarding the other side the title?:thumbsdown:

Has a final in the any of the Australian domestic cricket competitions (and the tri-series as well) not been played under these rules in the last 30 odd years? What we got here ain't nothing new as far as I know, and short of a cyclone being predicted to hit the area, I don't see why the final would have been moved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said they brought in this finals system as to not did disadvantage teams who perform better over the course of the (long) season yet here we are. The Stars despite finishing clearly top had one bad game and because of that one bad game will not have a chance to win the title. They have been better than Sydney over the course of the season and have been punished for losing one 20/20 game. It’s not fair to Melbourne if the game is washed out and again brings questions about the integrity of league position.
Dry your eyes princess.
"one bad game"?

They lost 4 of their last 5.
They had their chance and blew it.

just updated that the rain has stopped and covers are off and they began cleanup at ~7pm... pitch inspection at 7:30pm to decide if they'll go ahead at around 8pm... let's hope it doesn't rain between now and then.

Getting home drunk to a replay of the two same teams was confusing and disappointing.
My sister was right into the 06 Grand Final until she noticed Sampi was running around. Turns out she was watching an 05 replay.

Good thing she realised before the end!

My sister was right into the 06 Grand Final until she noticed Sampi was running around. Turns out she was watching an 05 replay.

Good thing she realised before the end!
It was the bit where they said it was stoinis' first century that made me click.
Before that I was all GO STARS!
Cartwright batting went over my head...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back