BBL Match 28 Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder @ The Adelaide Oval Fri Dec 31 1845 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming that even covid doesn't want to come to Adelaide.
Adelaide from, Wes Agar, Alex Carey, Harry Conway, Travis Head (c), Spencer Johnson, Harry Nielsen, Liam O’Connor, Matthew Renshaw, Liam Scott, Peter Siddle, Jon Wells, Daniel Worrall, George Garton, Ryan Gibson, Fawad Ahmad, Rashid Khan, Matt Short, Jake Weatherald
Sydney from, Jonathan Cook, Ben Cutting, Ollie Davies, Brendan Doggett, Matt Gilkes, Chris Green, Baxter Holt, Usman Khawaja, Nathan McAndrew, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha, Chris Tremain, Alex Hales, Sam Billings, Baxter Holt, Saqib Mahmood, Jason Sangha, Muhammad Hasnain.

As a Strikers fan, the Thunder having 4 missing might give us a chance at our final win of the season

PLAY THE MATCH!

You underestimate how bad the Strikers are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Even while they are batting, Thunder players will be required to sit in groups of no more than three people to minimise the risk of spreading the virus which has already fallen four of the club’s players.

Though the protocols, as outlined in Cricket Australia’s submission for an exemption from the South Australia government, would be similar to matches played in Tasmania and Western Australia this summer and all states last summer, the fact only 12 players, a coach and physio will be allowed at the ground makes it unique."

only 1 X-Factor sub?

I love Cricket as much as anyone but it does seem quite odd the game is on tonight when you consider the decisions that have been made over the last 18 months and when the Thunder have 4 players with COVID and are struggling to scrape a team together.

I love Cricket as much as anyone but it does seem quite odd the game is on tonight when you consider the decisions that have been made over the last 18 months and when the Thunder have 4 players with COVID and are struggling to scrape a team together.

If there are enough players the game should be played. Last nights should have been played. It's an entertainment package for crying out loud.

Watch the Strikers lose for the laughs

Only have to look back 24 hours to see the inconsistency. I don’t mind that they’re playing tonight, but why was last nights called off under better circumstances?

Only have to look back 24 hours to see the inconsistency. I don’t mind that they’re playing tonight, but why was last nights called off under better circumstances?

Yep that's what I don't get. My understanding was CA didn't allow the game last night to go ahead, yet a team with 4 blokes out gets the tick of approval?

And how do the Thunder allow this to happen? They have every right to be angry if they didn't get a say in it or do they think the Strikers are that bad they'll win regardless?

Back