BBL Match 28 Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder @ The Adelaide Oval Fri Dec 31 1845 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd almost have the thunder the second best side in it behind the sixers now that we've likely lost Marsh for the season (Ashes and limited overs cricket).
The only sides that can't win it are Heat, Strikers and Renegades.

Anyone else could pull off consecutive wins in finals for the title.

They don’t have another keeper though, he was signed because they gambled on Carey being with the national team, oh and his dad

Doesn’t have to be a keeper just someone who handles the gloves

The only sides that can't win it are Heat, Strikers and Renegades.

Anyone else could pull off consecutive wins in finals for the title.

Sixers to lose look at the players that are in the test side that come back for them- Lyon, Smith, Starc, Haze

gades uses to give Finch the gloves haha

Bancroft kept for scorchers

Yep honestly he isn’t the only reason the Strikers are sucking but picking a keeper to bat 7-8 is a complete waste. Can we name another side that does it?

I'd almost have the thunder the second best side in it behind the sixers now that we've likely lost Marsh for the season (Ashes and limited overs cricket).
We will possibly get Richo back.
Probably lose Agar though.

Thunder will lose Billings and Mamood.

Sixers will lose Vince and Jordan.

Still think Sixers and the Scorchers are the best 2 in it.
On their day though, the Hurricanes, Thunder and Stars are all dangerous.

We will possibly get Richo back.
Probably lose Agar though.

Thunder will lose Billings and Mamood.

Sixers will lose Vince and Jordan.

Still think Sixers and the Scorchers are the best 2 in it.
On their day though, the Hurricanes, Thunder and Stars are all dangerous.
I'm just being a defeatist as usual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't Smith, Starc and Hazlewood all be playing the ODI's?

Big bash final is on a friday and the one dayers start on the sunday. Surely CA will let the one day players currently playing big bash play the final first or they will get stick from the teams, broadcasters and fans.

The bigger issue with Smith, Starc and Hazlewood is they don't have contracts this year AFAIK. Covid would be an excuse to let them sign as replacement players but I sure hope for the integrity of the competition they don't. Would make a mockery of CA workload management, particularly the two quick bowlers.

Sixers to lose look at the players that are in the test side that come back for them- Lyon, Smith, Starc, Haze
TBH this is a s**t part about the BBL if you can waltz in half the International T20 side for finals that didn't play in the season.

Something to look at.

TBH this is a sh*t part about the BBL if you can waltz in half the International T20 side for finals that didn't play in the season.

Something to look at.

Fans want the best players to play though.

Do they? Half would think Lynn is some sort of champion. He is little more than a park cricketer and typifies the comp.

Lynn has had a poor year but generally has been good the last few years

I reckon outside of their title victory.

That was thunders best ever win. Lost a third of team. And it wasn't their fringe players. It was some of their most important players.

Big bash final is on a friday and the one dayers start on the sunday. Surely CA will let the one day players currently playing big bash play the final first or they will get stick from the teams, broadcasters and fans.

The bigger issue with Smith, Starc and Hazlewood is they don't have contracts this year AFAIK. Covid would be an excuse to let them sign as replacement players but I sure hope for the integrity of the competition they don't. Would make a mockery of CA workload management, particularly the two quick bowlers.
I'm not too sure.
They usually gather a squad week or so before the comp starts.

I'm pretty sure CA would tell them to rest up, especially the bowlers.
CA don't really care about the quality of BBL, international cricket is rightly afforded priority over a domestic comp.

CA should be keen for the BBL X1 to end well.Where living in pretty crazy times atm.And the test series has become a big flop.People aren't leaving there homes unless they have too.
Tv ratings for the Big Bash are winning there time slots on Channel 7.Adding Kayo+Foxtel on top of that.
Omicron might through a spanner in the works , however.CA should have all players in bubbles like the winter codes done the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Fans want the best players to play though.
To a degree. Fans also probably want some sort of fairness to a competition. I find it a bit of a farce the home and away players who have worked to get them there get dropped because suddenly the Aus international side is available.

If you don't play a certain amount during the season, you shouldn't be eligible to play finals. Easy, sensible rule that protects the competition.

To a degree. Fans also probably want some sort of fairness to a competition. I find it a bit of a farce the home and away players who have worked to get them there get dropped because suddenly the Aus international side is available.

If you don't play a certain amount during the season, you shouldn't be eligible to play finals. Easy, sensible rule that protects the competition.

I remember in the state Big bash NSW signed up Brendon Mccullum just for the final so he could qualify for the T20 champions league comp the following year.

Which Mccullum didn't end up playing anyway and the blues won.

I remember being at the final and Mccullum got heckled for most of the night.

CA should be keen for the BBL X1 to end well.Where living in pretty crazy times atm.And the test series has become a big flop.People aren't leaving there homes unless they have too.
Tv ratings for the Big Bash are winning there time slots on Channel 7.Adding Kayo+Foxtel on top of that.
Omicron might through a spanner in the works , however.CA should have all players in bubbles like the winter codes done the last 2 seasons.
Nope. Players (and society) were forced to get vaxxed to return to normal. Move the * on and stop cheering nonsensical s**t like bubbles. All players would rightly say GAGF

The answer, is stop wetting the bed and stop caring about asymptomatic "cases". Quite literally that simple

Back