BBL Match 5 Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers 1945hrs @ Spotless Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I restarted Chrome on my phone thinking it was glitching out missing a digit.

Just fold the franchise along with the Stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not expecting much support for this but I think Matt Short should be ahead of Ashton Agaae in the Australia team in short form Cricket.

Short has him covered for batting by a fair way and a better fielder. I am not sure there is a huge gap in their bowling.
He's not a better fielder. I'm one of Short's biggest fans, but Agar is far better in the ring and on the boundary, Short is great as a close in catch.

And the difference between Short and Agar's batting is smaller than their bowling

He's not a better fielder. I'm one of Short's biggest fans, but Agar is far better in the ring and on the boundary, Short is great as a close in catch.

And the difference between Short and Agar's batting is smaller than their bowling
Could say their fielding is on par with each other, just different strengths. However, not sure I agree with the last sentence. Agar is a good restricting bowler, but has never been a genuine wicket taker at international level.

Short is a better genuine batsmen, but he was moved to opening as his lower order batting was average, something which Agar is ok at (not exceptional, but adequate). So a bit hard to compare their batting, as very different positions in the order.

I almost couldn't believe what I was witnessing last night after a good win game 1 I thought our 139 was likely to fall well short. But to see some awesome bowling from Wes and Thorton and Shorty's catch a real stunner. The top scorer for the Thunder was in the 10th spot. But if someone said we will take 10 wickets for 35 balls and dismiss them for 15 you'd be ringing 000 and telling them to bring out the white jacket and take them away.

Last edited:
Back