BBL06, Match 09, Renegades ve Scorchers @ Docklands, 7.10pm local

Tonight's winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm usually a Finch basher but was forced to bowl at the death and almost stole it for his team - credit where it's due.

On the other hand - ASHTON AGAR!!
Was his over that good? Three full tosses. Marsh fluffs one, Voges hits a length ball to nowhere. His tactics were actually really stupid in the end; as soon as Bravo came off they should have bowled himself and Cooper the next two overs and let Hogg/Narine/Rimmington bowl the last 7 overs between them.

They are all equal aren't they...none of em can stay on the bloody park
Coulter-Nile has been pretty durable until this season tbf.

Was his over that good? Three full tosses. Marsh fluffs one, Voges hits a length ball to nowhere. His tactics were actually really stupid in the end; as soon as Bravo came off they should have bowled himself and Cooper the next two overs and let Hogg/Narine/Rimmington bowl the last 7 overs between them.

Game would have been over if that had happened. He needed to apply pressure by bowling his best at that time.

In fairness, it almost worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game would have been over if that had happened. He needed to apply pressure by bowling his best at that time.

In fairness, it almost worked.
Can't agree. Those two get through a couple of quick overs for 13-14 and the pressure mounts. The Scorchers were able to relax a bit against Narine and Hogg, knowing that they could potentially get a big over off Finch.

Can't agree. Those two get through a couple of quick overs for 13-14 and the pressure mounts. The Scorchers were able to relax a bit against Narine and Hogg, knowing that they could potentially get a big over off Finch.
The Scorchers would have won either way.

The way Finch went about it, it went down to the very last ball.

Criticising their tactics is quite bizarre.

The Scorchers would have won either way.

The way Finch went about it, it went down to the very last ball.

Criticising their tactics is quite bizarre.
I think it was poor tactics. Realistically; Finch was extremely lucky it did. Marsh middles that full toss and it's lights out, 1 off 4.

I think it was poor tactics. Realistically; Finch was extremely lucky it did. Marsh middles that full toss and it's lights out, 1 off 4.
If Hogg/Narine had an over spare to bowl at the end I doubt the Scorchers would have played it quite so cautiously.

It would likely have been over before the final over.

Ur not a Finch fan we get that but to be honest it was a good game...Renegades did well to get it to that point. There are lots of if or buts and moments in close games like that. I'm not sure Finch's captaincy can be slammed on this occassion

Or one of them goes for 15, and the game is over before Narine gets a chance to bowl at the death.
The last over went for 12 in the end. I disagreed with Finch's tactics. I may be alone in that, but he was extremely lucky. You could tell they were relaxing against Narine and Hogg as it was.

Back