Ben Jacobs, make an offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not including about 10 mature agers, there are 35 players drafted as kids in 2010 who I'd take over Jacobs if there was a redraft.

Swallow
Bennell
Day
Gaff
Polec
Conca
Caddy
Heppell
Prestia
Smith
Smedts
Atley
Watson
Smith
Wallis
Guthrie
Cripps
Karnezis
Darling
Harper
Batchelor
Green
Horlin-Smith
Parker
Liberatore
Fasolo
Browne
McDonald
Johnson
Brennan
Siposs
Seedsman
Jenkins
Dahlhaus
Walker

There are also talls like Gorringe, Tape, Lester, Lycett, McCarthy, Taylor and Mitchell who could well develop into better players.

Not including about 10 mature agers, there are 35 players drafted as kids in 2010 who I'd take over Jacobs if there was a redraft.

Swallow
Bennell
Day
Gaff
Polec
Conca
Caddy
Heppell
Prestia
Smith
Smedts
Atley
Watson
Smith
Wallis
Guthrie
Cripps
Karnezis
Darling
Harper
Batchelor
Green
Horlin-Smith
Parker
Liberatore
Fasolo
Browne
McDonald
Johnson
Brennan
Siposs
Seedsman
Jenkins
Dahlhaus
Walker

There are also talls like Gorringe, Tape, Lester, Lycett, McCarthy, Taylor and Mitchell who could well develop into better players.
Bookmarked.

why does north, knowing it has pick 35 (which will become 38 after compo picks) go after jacobs ( we know this because he wouldnt name them unless they had expressed keen interest) being unprepared to part with anything else of worth?? they must know that port will have 4 picks before that pick with 3 immediately before it. it hold next to no importance to port.

facts

-north have expressed to jacobs they are keen. he wouldnt have named them otherwise.

- north know port have 4 picks before pick 35 ( 38 ) with 3 immediately before it.

- north would be aware that is a horrible offer and port would not only not like it but be in a very good position to walk away from it entirely

-north would be aware that ports first questions would be towards pick 14 and sa boys mackenzie and greenwood.

- port would, as we all would, be aware that north should be aware of all these facts, yet have still furthered negotiations with jacobs to the point that he has asked to be traded to them.

what does this tell an observant person?

that north may be hoping to get away with something smaller by taking options off the table but have started this with an end game in sight. they may say this and that but logic tell you they have done homework and havent started a project they couldnt afford.

Why is a 2nd rounder unreasonable? We have very different views on Jacobs' football ability.

Now obviously pick 14 is unreasonable. We're talking about a bloke who was drafted at pick 16 and has, to date, been a major disappointment.

why does north, knowing it has pick 35 (which will become 38 after compo picks) go after jacobs ( we know this because he wouldnt name them unless they had expressed keen interest) being unprepared to part with anything else of worth?? they must know that port will have 4 picks before that pick with 3 immediately before it. it hold next to no importance to port.

facts

-north have expressed to jacobs they are keen. he wouldnt have named them otherwise.

- north know port have 4 picks before pick 35 ( 38 ) with 3 immediately before it.

- north would be aware that is a horrible offer and port would not only not like it but be in a very good position to walk away from it entirely

-north would be aware that ports first questions would be towards pick 14 and sa boys mackenzie and greenwood.

- port would, as we all would, be aware that north should be aware of all these facts, yet have still furthered negotiations with jacobs to the point that he has asked to be traded to them.

It tells me that you are repeating yourself.

I don't think there is any need to shitcan Jacobs or talk up what he is worth, I seriously doubt the list managers of either club are going to be searching this thread for trade ideas.

I thought we would have told Geelong to get stuffed when they offered a pick in the late 30s for McIntosh so you never know, when a player nominates a club there isn't a whole lot of competition and market value take a bit of a beating.

I think we will have a few different picks and players who are moving for more opportunity, I don't think there should be any great drama in finding something suitable. Looking at Emma Quayles analysis of Jacobs she thought Crows might get him at 14 but he could go anywhere up to mid to late 20s.

I am not sure his output or expectation has been high enough for what some have asked for, but I don't know what is going on with trades. This trade period blows goats, so many trades are only half finished because this moronic free agency period has dragged on longer than the Jurassic period. It should have been 1 week with trade the following week, should have been done and dusted by now, people are waiting for what are the free agency compensations before they can do trades.

Are you saying that Port would ask for pick 14 AND Greenwood/McKenzie for Ben Jacobs?

Are you saying that Port would ask for pick 14 AND Greenwood/McKenzie for Ben Jacobs?

I think he means they would be after one of those 3.

But, I doubt McKenzie or our first round pick will be on the table and Greenwood would only be if he was planning on going home.

That you are a generic BF trade board poster.

.....they should now also secure uncontracted Port Adelaide youngster Ben Jacobs with a second-round pick with Matthew Campbell potentially moving to Port as part of the deal.

This supports what I have heard and Emma Quayle's name is on the article. That is good enough for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is a 2nd rounder unreasonable? We have very different views on Jacobs' football ability.

Now obviously pick 14 is unreasonable. We're talking about a bloke who was drafted at pick 16 and has, to date, been a major disappointment.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

cmon.

seriously??

okay, so we can automatically write off every player who at the age of 20 isnt chris frakking judd??

you do realise jacobs stats hold up to caddy's? despite glandular fever, dodgy ankles and playing off a hbf in a team getting shitcanned every week

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

cmon.

seriously??

okay, so we can automatically write off every player who at the age of 20 isnt chris frakking judd??

you do realise jacobs stats hold up to caddy's? despite glandular fever, dodgy ankles and playing off a hbf in a team getting shitcanned every week

Melbourne will be pleased to hear this. I'm sure some club still believes Lucas Cook is worth a first rounder.

No one's written him off but it's undeniable that his value has dropped. His form has been consistently terrible, he's out of contract and has nominated on club he wants to be traded to.

Comparing him to Caddy is laughable. Caddy actually plays like he wants to be a footballer. Everything Jacobs does is tentative. The gap in class is enormous.

Unfortunately North's second round pick may be worthless if we get decent compensation for Chaplin/Pearce (band 3 or above). Would mean it is our 5th live pick which we may not want to use. It's worth would only be what we could get for it on the open market. Campbell is a player North don't want anymore so his trading worth is probably quite low. Although we did give a second round pick for Jay Nash who was going to be delisted anyway.

I don't think Jacobs is worth much more though, but there is no point in Port trading for something with little value to us. (that being my opinion, the clubs recruiters trade for a lot of things with no value to us, Nash a case in point). Finding a player in a similar situation (decent player, not coming on or developing properly, homesick) is probably what we need to do. Whether it is at North or including a third club.

As usual, the clueless make the most noise. Those PA fans that say Campbell is rubbish have no idea.

I don't know enough about Jacobs to enter the debate. However, if he's as good as Port fans insist here (which is apparently way different to views expressed on the Port board throughout the year, LOL) then they should be doing everything to keep him. If he is not much good, I'd prefer we didn't go for him. Pretty obvious really.

As usual, the clueless make the most noise. Those PA fans that say Campbell is rubbish have no idea.

I don't know enough about Jacobs to enter the debate. However, if he's as good as Port fans insist here (which is apparently way different to views expressed on the Port board throughout the year, LOL) then they should be doing everything to keep him. If he is not much good, I'd prefer we didn't go for him. Pretty obvious really.

:confused: Isn't Campbell contracted for another year year North are trying to get rid of him, must be a great footballer!!
Port have offered Jacobs a contract but he has decided to go home.

Please stop making clueless noise.

Unfortunately North's second round pick may be worthless if we get decent compensation for Chaplin/Pearce (band 3 or above). Would mean it is our 5th live pick which we may not want to use. It's worth would only be what we could get for it on the open market. Campbell is a player North don't want anymore so his trading worth is probably quite low. Although we did give a second round pick for Jay Nash who was going to be delisted anyway.

I don't think Jacobs is worth much more though, but there is no point in Port trading for something with little value to us. (that being my opinion, the clubs recruiters trade for a lot of things with no value to us, Nash a case in point). Finding a player in a similar situation (decent player, not coming on or developing properly, homesick) is probably what we need to do. Whether it is at North or including a third club.
Haven't Port deleted a lot and lost the 2 mentioned above. Wouldn't you be using more than 5 picks?

:confused: Isn't Campbell contracted for another year year North are trying to get rid of him, must be a great footballer!!
Port have offered Jacobs a contract but he has decided to go home.

Please stop making clueless noise.

Clueless. Undeveloped 2 year high draft pick player vs 6 year player who will benefit from a change of club. The difference is too subtle for some, I suppose.

Haven't Port deleted a lot and lost the 2 mentioned above. Wouldn't you be using more than 5 picks?

4 Picks maybe national draft for rookies the rest PSD...thats when we should consider players that may need a change of environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back