VFL Game Day Bendigo v Werribee, Saturday 23/6/12 | Bendigo 17.6.108 def. Werribee 8.15.63

Remove this Banner Ad

Clue, Macca: they're your favourite team and they're approximately 6km south-east of Essendon.

Did I say 36?

For a club that has had such a dismal season and has hardly had an injury along the way, they will probably play a fair few AFL listed players in their Werribee side. Will it be enough? Probably not.

Did I say 36?

For a club that has had such a dismal season and has hardly had an injury along the way, they will probably play a fair few AFL listed players in their Werribee side. Will it be enough? Probably not.

Werribee's had a pretty good season.

Your gonna have to take a number champ!

I've been driving his bandwagon for over a year now.. Seriously hope that he gets a chance at the highest level, even if it's not with us, thoroughly deserves it IMO.

Haha I'll join the cue, with you at the front! :D

Looking forward to seeing him in action today. :thumbsu:

Did I say 36?

They also have Travis Tuck and Leigh Harding playing. Betcha you are worried now!

B Baguley Steinberg Slattery

HB Collins Freezer Williams

C Ladson Colyer Stroobants

HF Lonergan Gumbleton Lee

F Merrett Putt Little

Int/followers (from): Peoples, Thompson, Huntley, Dalgleish, Shinners, Ross, O'Brien, Kavanagh, Maddern[/quote]

Couple of questions guys:

- how many can you have on the bench? Is it 4 plus a TAC player in Huntley?
If all the Essendon players on the bench get a gig, it means the likes of Maddern and Shinners miss out who are both obviously handy. Or can blokes named in the 18 miss out?

- So missing today are Dyson, B'chambers, Pears, Hunter, Long, Davis,Prisnall, Licka.....is that it?

- Went to the Willy game and Redpath chopped up Freezer. He is a handy 3rd tall, but I reckon Shinners is a better player.

So drunken louts aside, who is actually coming today? I've just got here, sitting near the Napier end goals in the stand.

Bellchambers and Lonergan are playing btw- not Dyson though, so presumably he's gone to Perth.

So drunken louts aside, who is actually coming today? I've just got here, sitting near the Napier end goals in the stand.

Bellchambers and Lonergan are playing btw- not Dyson though, so presumably he's gone to Perth.

Seen Colyer? I would assume we'd take 2 emergencies to Perth just in case.

Any radio coverage of this one?

No.

So drunken louts aside, who is actually coming today?

I was going to go until I was informed that my North membership would not get me in to the game and I would have to give the essendon football club an entry fee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumby just copped some friendly fire and had to come off. Was holding a towel to his face when he went down into the rooms.

Gumby's in his tracksuit. Having a chinwag with Pears last I saw

Kav going very nicely. Seems to be getting enough of it and doing the right thing.

Ross just damaged his ankle I think in the dying seconds of the third.

Fantastic bit of play from Dalgleish earlier where he burned off a few opponents while charging inside 50. Passed it off perfectly to... Thompson, I think? But he played on dubiously and it didn't work out. Still, exciting stuff.

83-47 at 3QT.

It strikes me that Lee and Baguley are both perfect types to have on the rookie list. Dependable, solid, smart role players.

Ross appears to be fine.

Sat near Scott, McDonald, and Crocker for a bit. Couldn't resist turning around and saying "Slattery. Slattery. Slattery." Scott nodded with a sad look of concession in his eyes, before vacating the premises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back