VFL Game Day Round 8: Brisbane Lions vs Essendon, Brisbane, Saturday 13th May @ 12.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
I will wait on my prediction for changes until I've seen the VFL game.
I can't find the game thread, but at HT we're getting towelled 52-16.
Minton-Connells son is making his debut for our VFL....I guess not much else is happening for the VFL team.

Brisbane 16.13 - 109
Essendon 6.5 - 41

The AFL-listed players are pretty slim.
Snelling (27 disp) - got a few possession and tried hard all day for not much reward. I don't know the stat, but disposal to advantage is probably not spectacular.
Munkara (9 disp) - flashed in and did some good things in the 3rd, but can also go missing. One of his better games.
Montgomerie (21 disp) - is improving (played defense in a game we were flogged). Signs of being a player are there, and might not be far away.
Bryan (18 disp and 28 HO) - played OK... needs to get some more marks (only 3), although the conditions of being wet did him no favors. Needs a big summer in the gym. Leading Hit Outs for the day.
Lorde (13 disp) - was solid.OK
Wanganeen (7 disp and 1 goal) and Voss (8 disp) - didn't see much of the ball in the wet conditions.

Narkle probably our best player could get another shot in the MSD.

Nobody is banging down the door to move to the AFL side. Montgomerie is getting close (but not with Kelly and Ridley due back). Snelling is at AFL level, just his disposals were a bit off (could blame the wet?)

Last edited:
We're disappointingly average in this side.
Is it a real shock though ? even our best VFL players are blokes who have player under 30 VFL games apart from Narkle and Phillips who has been average.

Is it a real shock though ? even our best VFL players are blokes who have player under 30 VFL games apart from Narkle and Phillips who has been average.
Guys like Lynch and Phillips have been average unfortunately. I think we should be better than what we are.

Guys like Lynch and Phillips have been average unfortunately. I think we should be better than what we are.
Same issue as the star of last year. The AFL listed players we do have playing are either first year or probably delisted. Different story if Reid / Cox / Jones / Stewart / Guelfi / Tsatas etc are all playing or pushing someone out of the side. We live and die by our AFL injury list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back