HB: EVW - Durdin - McDonald
C: Clarke - Ziebell - Macmillan
HF: Higgins - Waite - Wood
F: Thomas - Brown - Garner
Foll: Goldstein - Dumont - Cunnington
Int: Swallow - Atley - Hrovat - Gibson
Emerg: Anderson - Daw - Turner
Depth: Mullett - Hibberd - Mountford - Hansen - Wagner - Simpkin
Development: McKay - Fordham - Nielson - Preuss - J Williams - Watson - Zurhaar - Taylor - Junker - Ahern - Larkey - Jeffries

Based on reports out of the club, the only ones I've ruled out with injury are Thompson & Jacobs.

That's a very competitive team. Just can't see a bottoming out there. With the draw we have we should be aiming for finals.
Not bad, think Thompson is more likely to get up for round 1 than Wright though from initial reports

Some may still feel he is a handy depth player or see him as a 23-28 player on a list that already has a few injury concerns, but I just can't see why we would even potentially bother giving him games when we could give opportunities to the likes of EVW and Hibberd

handy player tho if he ever got back to his form of a couple of years ago. Would give best 22 a good shake if playing well

Obviously been a pretty big disappointment the last couple of seasons so he's coming from a way back

FB: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Scott Thompson
HB: Luke McDonald, Sam Durdin, Sam Wright
C: Jamie Macmillan, Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley
HF: Shaun Higgins, Ben Brown, Lindsay Thomas
FF: Mason Wood, Jarrad Waite, Nathan Hrovat
R: Todd Goldstein, Ryan Clarke, Jack Ziebell
I/C: Taylor Garner, Andrew Swallow, Trent Dumont, Sam Gibson
EMG: Jed Anderson, Ben Jacobs, Kayne Turner

FB: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Scott Thompson
HB: Luke McDonald, Sam Durdin, Sam Wright
C: Jamie Macmillan, Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley
HF: Shaun Higgins, Ben Brown, Lindsay Thomas
FF: Mason Wood, Jarrad Waite, Nathan Hrovat
R: Todd Goldstein, Ryan Clarke, Jack Ziebell
I/C: Taylor Garner, Andrew Swallow, Trent Dumont, Sam Gibson
EMG: Jed Anderson, Ben Jacobs, Kayne Turner
Jacobs is a lock if fit, very important player. I would also have Maj in assuming he recovers as expected. Spitta and Hrovat would likely make way from the "best 22", although both will play round 1 as there are always a couple of injuries.

Hey guys is EVW(My former school captain :p) and Hibberd likely to play a decent number of games (6-10) starting at least before midseason?

Hey guys is EVW(My former school captain :p) and Hibberd likely to play a decent number of games (6-10) starting at least before midseason?

Smart boy that EVW, huh?

With Thompson and Wright very doubtful for the start of the year, a good JLT Series should see EVW in the round one team. After that it's on him to hold his spot.

Hibberd seems to be having a solid pre-season but will face more competition for a spot. He'll get a good crack at it during the JLT Series, but it will be on him to force his way into the team.

If this is for Supercoach then I'd say EVW is more likely to get early games than Hibberd. Declan Mountford would be another rookie to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
If we gave up pick 15 for someone that can't make our best 22 there's going to be some rather pissed of people around here!!

We also got two second round pick which we later exchanged for another first round pick, Anderson in effect was valued at a minor downgrade for our first round pick, equivalent to a much later round pick in terms of his value.

I like Jed's enthusiasm but he hasn't shown a lot in his limited game time in terms of his ability to find the footy or use the footy well when he does have it. I hope he bounces back and has a great career, however, I think that position as an emergency is probably an accurate reflection of his performances to date.

We also got two second round pick which we later exchanged for another first round pick, Anderson in effect was valued at a minor downgrade for our first round pick, equivalent to a much later round pick in terms of his value.

I like Jed's enthusiasm but he hasn't shown a lot in his limited game time in terms of his ability to find the footy or use the footy well when he does have it. I hope he bounces back and has a great career, however, I think that position as an emergency is probably an accurate reflection of his performances to date.
I did say If!

I use to think we paid 15 for Anderson now I think we paid 15 for Anderson..

Mind ****ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated.

B: Williams - Tarrant - Thompson
HB: Higgins - Durdin - Atley
C: MacMillan - Ziebell - McDonald
HF: Garner - Brown - Thomas
FF: Mountford - Waite - Turner
R: Goldstein - Wood - Dumont
I: Clarke - Swallow - Cunnington - Jacobs

Em: Daw - Gibson - Preuss
Wright - Anderson - Simpkin
Ahern - McKay - Nielson
Hibberd - Vickers-Willis - Hrovat
Mullet - Hansen - Wagner

Updated.

B: Williams - Tarrant - Thompson
HB: Higgins - Durdin - Atley
C: MacMillan - Ziebell - McDonald
HF: Garner - Brown - Thomas
FF: Mountford - Waite - Turner
R: Goldstein - Wood - Dumont
I: Clarke - Swallow - Cunnington - Jacobs

Em: Daw - Gibson - Preuss
Wright - Anderson - Simpkin
Ahern - McKay - Nielson
Hibberd - Vickers-Willis - Hrovat
Mullet - Hansen - Wagner
Isn't Jacobs still under an injury cloud? Oh but this is best 22. Carry on.

After the most recent injury update, I wouldn't mind seeing a side something like this for Round 1, assuming that Brown, Wright, Anderson, Garner and Jacobs all aren't fully fit to play

FB: Williams Tarrant McDonald

HB: Thompson Durdin Atley

C: Macmillan Dumont Clarke

HF: Higgins Waite Wood

FF: Thomas Daw Hrovat

R: Goldstein Ziebell Cunnington

I: Swallow McKay Turner Mullett

E: Hansen Gibson Vickers-Willis

It's still a solid team on paper, but we'd be really starting to test our depth.

After the most recent injury update, I wouldn't mind seeing a side something like this for Round 1, assuming that Brown, Wright, Anderson, Garner and Jacobs all aren't fully fit to play

It's still a solid team on paper, but we'd be really starting to test our depth.
Hahahaha I refuse to take any Round 1 side without Gibbo in it seriously. I mean seriously wake up people, the guy who finished 3rd in our BnF last year is clearly best 18 at the club, let alone starting 22.

+1 for no Gibbo

New era, out with the old

Hahahaha I refuse to take any Round 1 side without Gibbo in it seriously. I mean seriously wake up people, the guy who finished 3rd in our BnF last year is clearly best 18 at the club, let alone starting 22.
Within the first five selected based on role.

Well... top 10 at worst factoring in the leadership group.

+1 for no Gibbo

200_s.gif

Nah, it's actually a good thing you reiterated that. Hadn't really picked it up from the first 5,000-odd, uber-repetitive, similarly-asinine posts that you have "contributed" to the topic, but I'm glad to report that the penny has finally dropped now.

I swear, dude, you're like one of those sad religious zealots who keeps spouting their 'end of days' crap while continually having to revise the date of Judgement Day.

(*ruffles the Ziebull's hair*)

New era, out with the old

If only this applied to your dull, myopic, anti-Gibbo posts.

Just dont see why Williams is in best 22. Just cause we traded hin in. Doesn't mean he makes it in. Want to see more of him before I think he's in the team.

I'd like to think we have a more ruthless edge about selection after forcing the 4 into retirement

Being old and experienced won't get you an automatic game

It's time to get games into the youth/future which Gibson is not

Scott is still the coach. He didn't make the call on the older 4 that was the list management team. Even he said "if those 4 were here in 2017 I'd feel obliged to play them" or something along those lines. He'll do the same for Swallow, Gibson, Thompson and whoever else is old and out of form. Bank it, bookmark it or whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back