Bevo out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they said earlier this season there wouldn’t be any further coaching changes for next year after the covid cuts that were made
And that's the issue. Bevo likes the "yes" men around him. His stubbornness to keep picking players not up to AFL standard and ignore talent will cost. And his ignorance towards talks and ruckmen will cause players to depart. Good coaches surround themselves with diversity, not coaches who havent seen anything different on 20 years.

He has to come out and tell us why we should buy a membership next year
Why?
He's signed up until the end of 2023 because the board bought into our 2019 hype.
Beveridge doesnt have to do anything, we're not paying out his big long term contract in a financially difficult situation.

But now is a time for celebration. Nearly coming back against St Kilda fills me with hope and optimism. I couldn't be happier Beveridge is in charge of what could be our most talented generation of players we've ever had.

His BS all year has lead up to this moment. Every single autopsy thread can be copy and pasted each week and the same has happened in an elimination final. I've seen enough, he hasn't taken this year seriously. I've never been one to say sack the coach but this is directly on him and not the players. if there is a good replacement it must be done

I love our players. I hate our team.

I really don’t care we lost. I really don’t. Because our coach won’t give our boys a chance. Simple as that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What the hell are you on about? You are so dramatic.

It’s clear. Too young and we need some experienced harden bodies.

As Bevo was responsible for Hunter and Smith both missing from point blank quite clearly.

Honestly some our supporters deserve us to go on a Carlton like decade long slide for their hubris in wanting our Premiership coach sacked.

You all disgust me.
Right, because missed set shots were our biggest problem tonight, never mind all the times we were being outmarked, or that we were playing a melon in the ruck (all season too).

Keep mindlessly defending the worst coach in the AFL.

As Bevo was responsible for Hunter and Smith both missing from point blank quite clearly.

Honestly some our supporters deserve us to go on a Carlton like decade long slide for their hubris in wanting our Premiership coach sacked.

You all disgust me.
you're the odd one out.

try and see the majority's point of view or do you like accepting mediocrity?.

And that's the issue. Bevo likes the "yes" men around him. His stubbornness to keep picking players not up to AFL standard and ignore talent will cost. And his ignorance towards talks and ruckmen will cause players to depart. Good coaches surround themselves with diversity, not coaches who havent seen anything different on 20 years.
How do you know they’re yes men? Genuine question, there’s a lot of criticism of our coaches on here but I struggle to see how anyone on here really knows.

You all disgust me.

No he isn't but have you watched the last two years, team line ups, in game tactics, match ups, letting players continually be tagged out of games or get beaten, players moved forward when bigfooty know it wont work. There is a long list of things on the coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know they’re yes men? Genuine question, there’s a lot of criticism of our coaches on here but I struggle to see how anyone on here really knows.
I judge them on the lines performance.

Our forward line is a shambles and it has been for over a decade now.

Our backline was a standout this year.

Our midfield this year was bog average.

What the hell are you on about? You are so dramatic.

It’s clear. Too young and we need some experienced harden bodies.
You mean like Trengove? A guy who could've very well helped defending all those high balls St Kilda kicked? Or provided some physical presence in the ruck? Who was a reliable contributor for us last year until he was dropped for no reason after a good round 22 game against GWS?

You're right, we need to bring in some more experienced hard bodies for our coach to not play.

Right, because missed set shots were our biggest problem tonight, never mind all the times we were being outmarked, or that we were playing a melon in the ruck (all season too).

Keep mindlessly defending the worst coach in the AFL.

Are you honestly for real ?😂

After 4 seasons and nearly 50 games, has Bevo seen enough to conclude that English will never by a competent tap ruckman? Will he bring in another ruck, and play English as second ruck/ follower?

To me, another preseason isnt going to make English competitive

You mean like Trengove? A guy who could've very well helped defending all those high balls St Kilda kicked? Or provided some physical presence in the ruck? Who was a reliable contributor for us last year until he was dropped for no reason after a good round 22 game against GWS?

You're right, we need to bring in some more experienced hard bodies for our coach to not play.
I can’t forgive Bevo for making Roarke Smith a forward one a elimination final

Leon Cameron wastes way more talent at GWS for sure but Bevo not far behind
At least his GWS team has been consistently good for the last few years. We are an eternal enia under Beveridge, forever plagued by idiotic coaching decisions exclusive to him, particularly his complete lack of respect for the ruck. Even Cameron recognized the importance of the position, which is why he pulled a slug like Mumford out of retirement.

Beveridge will sooner shoot himself than play a strong ruckman

I judge them on the lines performance.

Our forward line is a shambles and it has been for over a decade now.

Our backline was a standout this year.

Our midfield this year was bog average.
That’s fair enough, doesn’t make them yes men though. Just makes them with good, average or poor coaches.

Honestly, outside of that four week period the bulldogs under Bevs have very average. Three first week exits and have missed the finals twice. With every year, it’s looking more and more likely Bevs going to be a one hit wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back