Roast Bevo pull your ******* head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I've been hesitant to critique Beveridge (apart from the nuffy knee jerk reaction in the game day threads) as I firmly believed there was a method to his madness.

Not so much any more.
I think some flexibility is good - but not every player can or should be played that way.
Richards was given roles in the team simply because we were stacked in the back half with better performers at the time. He's always been a natural rebounding defender.

Happy Cracking Up GIF

Telling. I honestly hope he's not exhausting the players with all this crap.
Interestingly though, Jordan Lewis pushed the case for versatility on the telly last night. You don't know who is going to be injured and under what circumstances in a game...especially a big game. He did win 4 flags ...... under a coach everyone wants.

Lot of angry BF folks wants bevo head in. Hello damo! I am backing him all the way and will give him atleast a year or 2.one of the longest serving coach and have a fair percentage of wins. I don’t think he is too adamant to change his ways . Yes stubborn to a degree.keep faith gentlemen

Thankfully on AFL Access All Areas this morning, Lloydy said the dogs problems are poor coaching and structure, not personnel. He said that even if we bring Lobb and Jones into the club, if the structure and game plan aren't fixed, we'll still be s***. Need more people in the media to start talking about this and putting pressure on the club to make changes.
Lloydy said that did he????
Gee wiz we are doomed then...

We need a new coach lmao, this gameplan is just awful like it’s genuinely terrible - this team has no identity right now, we’re like a bottom 4 side but with great players out there

It’s just so hard to watch, making finals would be bloody awful we will get demolished

Yep the connection is gone. Without that ‘us against the world’ story to rely on, there isn’t much there.

The new assistant coaches have done absolutely nothing to correct our deficiencies. Our inside 50 entries rely on brute magic by Naughts or precocious flashes of brilliance from Marra or Cody. There’s no strategy that I can discern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly though, Jordan Lewis pushed the case for versatility on the telly last night. You don't know who is going to be injured and under what circumstances in a game...especially a big game. He did win 4 flags ...... under a coach everyone wants.
While I agree with needing to have versatility to a point, Bevo does take it too far.

Interesting comments from Lewis, as barring Hodge, I don’t really recall frequent positional changes regularly at the Hawks under Clarko when they dominated.

He was mostly line and length with that sort of stuff.

Just saw the headline ...

Cameron to coach the Bulldogs on a 5 year contract from 2023! :eek:

Turns out it's Cameron Ciraldo coaching the Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL.
I was in the gym this morning and it popped up on one of the news stations (no sound on) - ''CAMERON TO COACH BULLDOGS ON 5 YEAR DEAL''

I stopped what I was doing like 'what the * did Bevo step down at like 5am?' and then it cut to that excuse of a sport called NRL.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else in this thread. But it would be ludicrous to sack a coach a year after making the Grand Final.
What needs to happen is a full on review of the Footy Department. I think it is time for Chris Grant to move on. It all seems to matey between him, Beveridge and the CEO. This doesn't cut it in an ultra high performance/competitive industry.

Interesting the last question in Clarkson's presser today. Acknowledged Hodge's comment that Clarko needs people around him to challenge him, and said a senior coach making decisions alone will make mistakes. At Hawthorn, he had Fagan, Bolton and others, and said every major decisions was a group one.

Now no one on here really knows what goes on behind closed doors - there is a perception that Bevo rules everything. Clarkson intimated ALL coaches have people in place to save themselves from themselves. So who are the equivalents at VUWO - Grant surely? But who are the other people at our club who have a voice in decisions, and a voice that is listened to equally with Bevo's? I'm not trying to pot Bevo here, just keen to know (and likely won't until he's long gone from the club) who has recognised input into tactics, selections, match day, etc)

Interesting the last question in Clarkson's presser today. Acknowledged Hodge's comment that Clarko needs people around him to challenge him, and said a senior coach making decisions alone will make mistakes. At Hawthorn, he had Fagan, Bolton and others, and said every major decisions was a group one.

Now no one on here really knows what goes on behind closed doors - there is a perception that Bevo rules everything. Clarkson intimated ALL coaches have people in place to save themselves from themselves. So who are the equivalents at VUWO - Grant surely? But who are the other people at our club who have a voice in decisions, and a voice that is listened to equally with Bevo's? I'm not trying to pot Bevo here, just keen to know (and likely won't until he's long gone from the club) who has recognised input into tactics, selections, match day, etc)
Very good question f1973. I wish I knew the answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back