Rumour Bevo to stand down or be sacked soon

Remove this Banner Ad

I think like most, once they didn’t make the 8 he would have to go. Going into season 2024, 2016 is a long time ago and unlike in WA, winning a flag only buys you so much time. Always seem to be around the 7-8 mark since then and I think with the list they have, should be higher. Needs to be done prior to trade period surely.

Why do you want him to stay? With that list I don’t think anyone could say they are performing to their potential. You want a coach who has the players over-achieving, you couldn’t say Bevo is doing that.

I mean he won’t be moved on by the club, I just don’t believe it at this point. Everyone else is getting cleaned out instead.

I think like most, once they didn’t make the 8 he would have to go. Going into season 2024, 2016 is a long time ago and unlike in WA, winning a flag only buys you so much time. Always seem to be around the 7-8 mark since then and I think with the list they have, should be higher. Needs to be done prior to trade period surely.
Keep in mind they made the Grand Final in 2021. It's nuts how Bevo is having a successful career in reverse. You are supposed to start bad, hover around the 8 for a couple of years, get to a Grand Final and lose then come back and win.

Without the 2021 Grand Final I think for sure after this year it would have been the end. They must feel like he is capable of turning it around better than what else is available on the market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last game didn’t help his cause any.

He'll make them sack him. Should walk away to save face a bit. Especially if he wants another job as senior coach

On V2110 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was given the offer during the off season to walk away and said no. He won’t take his hands off the job until it’s forced on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back