Current Bicycle Bandit Arrest - SA

Remove this Banner Ad

What disincentives are there in the future for a crook with terminal cancer - and only weeks/months to live - not to offend?

I will be interested to see if the Govt makes legislative change such that there is a strong presumption against bail in an armed robbery where a weapon is used.
Agreed, for serious cases.

Feel for the many victims held up by gun point.

No justice at all.

Yes, but this is becoming a too easy excuse.

Right, but stage 4 cancer and not long to live ..pretty legit. check out the footage hes ****ed, whats the point

This is a great thread, remember this but literally forgot about it or if they ever got someone.

Not a bad effort getting away with this for so long.

The bicycle bandit has had his assets frozen. Imagine being that old and in your twilight years thinking you probably got away with it then bam!

This creep of a human deserves all the appropriate consequences, terminally ill or not. I knew one of his alleged victims at the time and it ruined her life for years.

A close family member of mine was also a victim of an unrelated armed hold-up in the 90s, also in SA. I have never seen an otherwise well-adjusted adult in so much distress. This terrifying incident had a huge impact on his life.

Let's hope this case can speed through the system and result in a conviction in the alleged perpetrator's name before he dies. Terminal illness is over quickly. Terminal Trauma can last forever.

Last edited:
Probably has cash stashed away somewhere
Based on his form so far, if he does have a stash, he also has a detailed map showing the location, the location saved on Google Maps as a 'Favourite', and printed turn-by-turn instructions stuck on the fridge door.

Not sure why its in Not footy related!! I can confirm that yes he was a cop and he also played League footy for South Adelaide in the 1970's! Also true that he was moonlighting as a mechanic (although had no customers) and was living at Mount Compass when doing the robberies....(From a mate who used to be related)
Always wondering where he was living at the time when he was committing the robberies. Can’t believe he got away with it for as long as he did probably should have been caught at the balaclava robbery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always wondering where he was living at the time when he was committing the robberies. Can’t believe he got away with it for as long as he did probably should have been caught at the balaclava robbery.
Such a smug chest out know it all man also claimed to be deeply religious - never demonstrated though, kinda glad Karma has caught up with him tbh.

Such a smug chest out know it all man also claimed to be deeply religious - never demonstrated though, kinda glad Karma has caught up with him tbh.
Honestly thought they would never have caught him and wouldn’t have caught him if he didn’t leave DNA behind at the balaclava robbery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back