Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While someone might reply to this with a Champion data stat to prove me wrong I worry that a midfield of Rockliff Mitchell Omeara Shiels and Langford is below par in regards to kicking the ball.

I think we need some outside class because Burgoyne is still our most influential player in our side at the moment. He hurts the opposition and that is what footy is about.....mark my words when I say we are going to miss this bloke more than any other player that has gone in the past couple of years.

Fyfe or Martin with a fit Jaeger gives us 2 A graders that can finish....

Tommy is a gun insider that we are going to love watching but will never be that classy finisher like Burgoyne that we will need to replace.

100% rocky is not a elite user.

Elite users of the ball by foot is the Hawthorn DNA that won us 3 flags..
We all know that Sammy and Tas are great users.
The footy world is just realising that Bradly Hill is not a one trick pony that runs fast. He is also an elite user.
We cannot afford to recruit any more non-elite kickers of the ball.
Dustan Martin is a much better user of the ball that Fyfe. Therefore I choose Dusty over Fyfe.

While someone might reply to this with a Champion data stat to prove me wrong I worry that a midfield of Rockliff Mitchell Omeara Shiels and Langford is below par in regards to kicking the ball.

I think we need some outside class because Burgoyne is still our most influential player in our side at the moment. He hurts the opposition and that is what footy is about.....mark my words when I say we are going to miss this bloke more than any other player that has gone in the past couple of years.

Fyfe or Martin with a fit Jaeger gives us 2 A graders that can finish....

Tommy is a gun insider that we are going to love watching but will never be that classy finisher like Burgoyne that we will need to replace.
Burton.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs won the flag last year on pure football winning ability. Recruiting Rockliff would move us more towards their style, which seems to be the modern style of play.

Also I don't care at all if we recruit a 28 year old. I expect us to compete for the flag every year and so what if they were to retire at 31, we can just recruit another 28 year old free agent to replace them.

I'm warming to Whitfield.
He's harder around the contest and better at ball winning than I'd previously noticed, super clean picking it up off the deck, very very nice skills, and great vision.
Oh, and he can run and run and run.

Only loosely linked to......sorry Abasi.:D

He's harder around the contest and better at ball winning than I'd previously noticed, super clean picking it up off the deck, very very nice skills, and great vision.

I think that type of player would be what Clarko would like. Midfielders with the versatility to play on the inside and outside. More likely they can be very good in both roles than trying to turn smaller forwards and backs into mids. Mitchell is probably best used purely as an inside mid but to varying degrees Shiels, Langford, O'Meara, O'Rourke, Howe, Lovell and Stewart all have the attributes to play as inside or outside mids. Obviously some of those guys are probably more suited to one or the other but they do have the attributes that would allow them to play either.

Isn't he out of contract next year?

Isn't he out of contract next year?

Sort of, contract up end of 18'.;)
Has had an awkward time in his young career at the Giants, just now returning after a 6 month ban for that odd episode of avoiding a drugs testing appt.
Big Hawk fan until his draft, not settled in the Giants team......
He's some of what we need, Clarko and Cameron I'm sure could work solidly on a deal, and - THEY BLOODY OWE US FOR OROURKE.:p
Just think there might be a bit of an opening.

Sort of, contract up end of 18'.;)
Has had an awkward time in his young career at the Giants, just now returning after a 6 month ban for that odd episode of avoiding a drugs testing appt.
Big Hawk fan until his draft, not settled in the Giants team......
Just think there might be a bit of an opening.
He would be a good get. With Patton and sheil signing this year, possibly Kelly signing as well, GWS could decide to create space and come cheap. Then we can target Toby Green next year! *As well* edit.

Josh Kelly's game on the weekend was absolutely off the charts!! best individual performance of the year for mine. the kid is a jet! Clarko is a huge fan but we went hard at Jags last year so that tells me Clarko had inkling that Josh was ungettable and now wehave zero currency to even contemplate. if anything we could go hard at Hopper instead who wouldn't be as difficult pry out of GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back