Biggest risers & biggest sliders for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Riser: Melbourne, now that they've gotten over their finals drought. Lots of young talent to develop & push into top 4 at least, and my pick for next year's premiers.

Slider: Port. A coach who's out of ideas but still in a job, and an overpaid patchwork squad has just had two, possibly three of its better players leave. Will be surprised if they avoid bottom 4.

The top 4 will be thereabouts again.

HAWKS - can put a handle on them

SWANS - slide
GWS - slide
CATS - slide
PORT - slide

ROOS - rise
ESS - rise
CROWS - rise
LIONS - rise
BLUES- rise

DOGS, FREO, SAINTS - who knows with their lists

SUNS - last

Or people completely underrated our list. Which seems to happen every year.

Not one player in the top 10 B and F was over 30.

Carlton who have a young team had 4 over 30.

Essendon won trade week yet failed to make finals.

No wonder bookies make so much money.
Think your finals performance proved your list was not underrated at all. Just like Sydney's and our performance exposed holes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne and Collingwood will be the best melb teams next year. Melbourne have so much talent at the perfect age, their profile is similar to Richmond heading into 2017, next year is theirs to lose IMO.

Collingwood are also chock full of talent and bat deep in the middle, plus you can't buy the sort of motivation that comes from a tight GF loss.

The Weagles are also so chock full of class, they will battle it out with Melbourne, COllingwood and another unknown bolter!

I will be dismissed bc of who I support, but the Cats will crash next year. Their list profile isn't pretty.

Im sick of Essendon. I'm not a typical hawks fan (dont mind geelong or essendon) and I've been bullish on the bombers chances every year since their penalty year, every year they've cocked it up. Dodoro nailed last year's trade period - Smith and Saad were the two best pickups for me, jury is out on the string - but his coaching staff aren't backing him up. I can't explain why they have been worse than I thought they would be every year.

Port to plummet and they will be holding up the ladder with the Saints and the Blues (not just yet baggers)

Risers: Brisbane, Adelaide, Freo

Sliders: WC to miss the top 4, Hawthorn to miss the 8, Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back