Injury Blue Healers - 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

I was hoping this thread would not be started any time soon, but with injury news filtering through we may as well get it up and running now.

Hopefully this thread is not frequently used throughout 2016.

Plowman sidelined

New Carlton recruit Lachie Plowman has had a pre-season setback.

Plowman has had minor hip surgery to relieve the discomfort he has been experiencing since resuming training in November.

He's expected to resume light training duties in a fortnight and will be ready to resume full training in 8-10 weeks.

Plowman sidelined

Maybe it's a Lachie thing. The previous one missed much of the pre-season in rehab...

Still, a good opportunity for Jacob in the back pocket to press for round 1.

10 Weeks on the sideline doesn't sound minor to me .... I mean a broken arm heals in 6-8 weeks .... does anyone have any inside gossip as to what it is he is actually going in for?? "Minor hip surgery" is very vague .... I hope we lose the 1-2 weeks out thing. 10 weeks puts Lachie back in late Feb/Early March :(

I was really looking forward to see this kid play.

It's particularly sad that this thread was able to be started in 2015.

Did we ever get that curse removed which was directed at Elliot & the club by an indigenous person last century?
Wasn't that the Pies and their boneheaded president at the time (McAllister?) who said (I think referring to Nicky Winmar) "The aboriginal players will be fine as long as they start acting like white players". Topically speaking I didn't even know Martin was indigenous.

Know you're half gagging. Media would slaughter that. We could certainly use a better managed list when it comes to preventing soft-tissue and strain injuries though. A slice of luck wouldn't hurt either. One season where our injury list was very low was 1995 I recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know you're half gagging. Media would slaughter that. We could certainly use a better managed list when it comes to preventing soft-tissue and strain injuries though. A slice of luck wouldn't hurt either. One season where our injury list was very low was 1995 I recall.
And then in the second half of '96 it went pear-shaped taking us from odds-on to go back-to-back, to ultimately getting smashed in a final by the Brions.

Injuries are a funny thing, they happen more to sides without depth. One thing that has become apparent to me since i've got involved in coaching is that in a shallow side, you just can't look after blokes. The better players have to work so much harder, rotate less and can never have games off. This has always been our problem. We've never been in a position to give players games off, play midfielders more up forward/back and give our talls easier jobs at times every now and then. You compare Judd to Hodge. Hodge has often been afforded many games off or games at half back every year whereas Judd was often pushed to play games with injuries only in the midfield without missing games.

We're always going to have high injury numbers and be blaming injury until we can get to a level where we can give our stars easy games and games off. Luckily we're getting there and hopefully will be able to look after guys like Ploughman when he returns. Kreuzer should also have it much easier as well. I still reckon our talls might have to work pretty hard this season but it should be easier than last year. Starting to look ok with midfield depth as well. I hope we're more willing to rest our stars and give games to younger guys. I get the impression Bolton might be more likely to do this than our previous coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back