bee dee

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2004
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Melb/Port Ade
At training today there was a full on fight between Houli and McVeigh. Mcveigh thru in a butt and Houli stood up and gave as good as he got with a number of jumper punches. It took 6 players to seperate them, all the while the coaching staff loved it.

wow Bee Dee actually comes up with something about the Bombers that actually happened. Too bad he missed the other scrap which involved Rama giving Courtney Dempsey a bit of a smack behind the ears.;)
Good to see the boys showing a bit of passion now we are doing some serious blocking drills :D

Means nothing, just the boys blowing off a bit of steam and getting the competative juices going.

Good to see a young kid giving it to a senior player as well.

How the tables have turned. It was once a 'pretty' Mcveigh and a 'smartase' rama who use to cop a bit of hiding.

Houli is a very cofident young man so wouldn't be suprised if mcveigh was under instructions from coaching staff.

Good to see :thumbsu:

As long as they don't make a habit of it on the field. Apparently we gave away the equal most free kicks last year for an after disposal infringement. A stat I sure don't want to see repeated. Once the season starts, play the ball. You just can't afford to get too agro these days.
I wouldnt worry about that, McVeigh and a few settled down this year and that stuff at training isnt something that will influence them to do it on the footy field. Its a bit of fun, thats all.

Team mates fighting at training. That's funny as.

Good work boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any footage of it yet on youtube?

I Still havn't spotted the Scotty and Henry skuffle yet on Youtube but I guess it depends on if its 'worthy' enough to be uploaded on to the site.

Coming to blows with your team mate and having to be seperated by 6 players is more than just "blowing off abit of steam" and suggests maybe its been brewing for a while between the two.

Im not sure what to make of this. On the one hand you have a 'serious altercation' where multiple players had to come in and break it up, but on the other hand we are seeing passion. I tend to lead to the first point, and that perhaps these two blokes simply dont get along. Pity as we need these two to be tearing up the midfield for us and working cohesively. Hopefully they have kissed and made up.

Settle down guys. The six players broke it up because they where the ones all gathered together. If there had of been two players next to Spike and bash then two players would have seperated them. It is not like 6 guys came running over from a distance to stop it.
Unless you where there to see it you shouldnt be passing judment on what happened. It was far from a serious incident. McVeigh put the acid on Bacher and Bacher stood up to it. Nothing more to it than that. I think the coaching staff may be behind a few of these little battles between senior players and the young blokes.;)

Settle down guys. The six players broke it up because they where the ones all gathered together. If there had of been two players next to Spike and bash then two players would have seperated them. It is not like 6 guys came running over from a distance to stop it.
Unless you where there to see it you shouldnt be passing judment on what happened. It was far from a serious incident. McVeigh put the acid on Bacher and Bacher stood up to it. Nothing more to it than that. I think the coaching staff may be behind a few of these little battles between senior players and the young blokes.;)
It is a cause for concern. Btw how is Houli looking for this season? Do you think he will be getting plenty of time in the seniors or is he a year off from consistent footy with the Bombers?

I think the coaching staff may be behind a few of these little battles between senior players and the young blokes.;)

If so it could be a wise old move. Houli giving it back means he would most likely not be intimidated by the senior players from opposition sides. Because for 1st to 2nd year 'fresh' players it isn't uncommon to be targeted.

It is a cause for concern. Btw how is Houli looking for this season? Do you think he will be getting plenty of time in the seniors or is he a year off from consistent footy with the Bombers?

Bomba, I would be concerned if these guys were patting each other on the rear or backing off from training contests out of nicity. They will laugh about it. And if they don't then we have found an attitude problem sooner rather than later. None of these blokes can afford an ego that separates them from the pack. Whether it was meassured pressure as Ant suggests or something that flared it all bodes well.

Your all making out as if it's good that your players are fighting at training. I think it's shit.

Disagree fine, but can you add value? Then why comment?

Bomba, I would be concerned if these guys were patting each other on the rear or backing off from training contests out of nicity. They will laugh about it. And if they don't then we have found an attitude problem sooner rather than later. None of these blokes can afford an ego that separates them from the pack. Whether it was meassured pressure as Ant suggests or something that flared it all bodes well.

Disagree fine, but can you add value? Then why comment?

Well... lets just say if i was at a lions training and saw Simon Black having a punch up with a second year player i would think they were both w***ers. Unprofessional, leaves a sense of tension in the group. The group wouldn't feel closely knit. A key to success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back