News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have matched because we had no option.

They want to give us the option of doing some garbage last minute trade on the first day of the trade period that massively benefits St Kilda, but not long enough to give us any serious time to work out a good trade in our favor
Look it's possible. But if the Crows and the Saints couldn't thrash something out last week, I see no reason why they wouldn't lodge last friday and take their chances.

Our club may pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow and somehow we get something that doesn't resemble a sh*t sandwich.
However, Ive got this sinking feeling that our club has screwed something up here and backed themselves into a corner where they cant get out from.
Perhaps it our past mistakes that make me feel like this, but who knows.
Deep down, I kind of feel the same way.

SURELY they must have known that pick 2 was a longshot, and logic says they'd have a plan B.

But deep down, I'm just not confident they do.

It certainly could be trading 23 for their first next year, say. That's more even than the trade that GCS and Geelong did just last year.

So they get Crouch and 23, for a pick likely to be 12-15?

Why are people trying to justify these s**t outcomes.

Why not just Crouch for St Kilda's first next year?

Look it's possible. But if the Crows and the Saints couldn't thrash something out last week, I see no reason why they wouldn't lodge last friday and take their chances.
Feenix - do you think something like this could work?

Adelaide trade 22 and 49 to St Kilda for 17 and next years 2nd and 3rd

Adelaide take 23 compo. ST kilda get Crouch.

Adelaide lose Crouch and 49. Gain 17 and next years second and 3rd

St Kilda pay next years second and 3rd and a five pick downgrade for Crouch and 49.

If saints finish 8th say, picks 29 and 47 next year.

Adelaide out: crouch and 1132 points
In: 2780 points

St Kilda out: 1965 points
St Kilda in : Crouch and 1132 points

Adelaide receive net 1648 points - pick 7 for crouch

St Kilda pay net 833 points - pick 22 for crouch

Deep down, I kind of feel the same way.

SURELY they must have known that pick 2 was a longshot, and logic says they'd have a plan B.

But deep down, I'm just not confident they do.

It seems that way. The joys of being an Adelaide fan.

The only other explanation there is for the delay is both Adelaide and St Kilda truly believed that the offer was enough to get us Band 1 compo, suddenly the AFL turn around and say 'nup, we're not gonna do it" and both parties are now sitting there like "Now what?" and have to spend the next 3 days trying to hammer out some sort of deal neither party wanted, but satisfies both.
Nah. They didn’t want to pay him what was required to get band 1. We’ve tried to trade they don’t want to. They’ve lodged their bid. We are still trying to trade in the hope we don’t match. Come tomorrow arvo we will accept pick 23 which will become 28 and we look like incompetent yellow belly fools.

Nah. They didn’t want to pay him what was required to get band 1. We’ve tried to trade they don’t want to. They’ve lodged their bid. We are still trying to trade in the hope we don’t match. Come tomorrow arvo we will accept pick 23 which will become 28 and we look like incompetent yellow belly fools.
They were prepared to pay him that, but he has to jump through a few hoops first.

St Kilda pay next years second and 3rd and a five pick downgrade for Crouch and 49.

I don't think it'll be quite that complex, but yeah something like that. I think both clubs are motivated to ensure the compo pick is activated, because otherwise it doesn't exist and the straight trade for Brad becomes far more difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, giving the opportunity to trade picks before the deadline.
I actually thought the same, having the deadline to match overlapping the first day of the trade period.

Implies that St Kilda already knew the contract lodged wouldn't meet band 1 criteria

That makes no sense with your statement “do the pick swap or we will match”. That only works in our favour, not for the Saints as we are the ones threatening not to match.
Maybe st kilda see that a trade is easier if the compo is added

only thing I can think may work is

take compo 23 then use that trade st kilda

their 17 for our 23 swap our future 3 for their future 4th

draft 1 , 10 , 14 ( wb 20, 32 ) 17.
leave latter picks hately nga

best case scenario I can think of.
This is what’s been spoken about on our board.

Framework been agreed since last week.

Crows don’t match and then trade 23 and a junk pick and we trade 15 to you.

Obviously could be nonsense but it’s got a lot of traction on ours.

Can delete my post if not warranted again :)

They were prepared to pay him that, but he has to jump through a few hoops first.
Which is smart business on their behalf if they think we won’t match, which we haven’t done. I raised this issue a couple of weeks ago and you all dismissed it and here we are.

I've already covered that. If Kelly says "hmm maybe" we lose any leverage we have.
He said we would match.

So match.

Your meek arse 'well I can live with that' pathway is the kind of thing that sees competitors spotting us from a mile away as a soft touch and sees us getting a mid first, mid second and Dean farking Gore for Patrick Dangerfield and a third rounder.

You and all your kind are ball sucking rimmers.

I don't think it'll be quite that complex, but yeah something like that. I think both clubs are motivated to ensure the compo pick is activated, because otherwise it doesn't exist and the straight trade for Brad becomes far more difficult.
Needs to be a be a little bit complex to muddy the waters...

Pick 32/39 and 2021 2nd for saints 2021 1st

its points neutral so actually doesnt cost saints anything and tghey get Crouch without having to pay a huge wage or lose pick 15.
we add pick 32 or 39 to get a 1st rounder

there are serious benefits to both clubs if we dont match and a deal can be done otherwise both clubs are actually throwing pick 23 away which is dumb.

This is what’s been spoken about on our board.

Framework been agreed since last week.

Crows don’t match and then trade 23 and a junk pick and we trade 15 to you.

Obviously could be nonsense but it’s got a lot of traction on ours.

Can delete my post if not warranted again :)
Nah mate you’ve been more than respectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back