Rumour Brendon Bolton on his last chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good really were Murphy and Gibbs though? Kruezer is rubbish, you're ludicrously overrating Scotland and Henderson and Robinson, while Tuohy and Betts and Waite all played their best and most consistent football about five years later at a different club.
Kreuzers rubbish?

Are you stupid? He's in the top 5 rucks in the comp.

Oh, and rumour is rubbish. We were laughing about it on our board when someone mentioned it. Sounds like a pisstake.
Unfortunately our board also had posters finding positives in the 109 point loss, standards still need to be in place.
A professional footy team losing by 109 points is a train wreck, as Bolton himself says we need to scrutinize, asses, reflect.
I don't really care what the breakdown is but our games played and average age was for all purposes the same as Melbourne's.
If telling the truth is seen as having an agenda (by some posters) then I'm "guilty as charged".
There's only one way to make the rumours go away!

Bolton isn't on a contract, he is employed as an employee of the club so he can be dismissed with his four weeks notice paid out without any fanfare should Carlton wish to sacrifice someone on the altar to keep the fans happy.

It shouldn't be difficult to land a new coach, they will be lining up to take over a young and talented list. The hard road already traveled and a new grace period for the replacement coach, pressure off and natural progression of a young list bringing better performances.

Wins.
How do you know he only has a 4 week notice period?

He's not a fool, nor would his management be. Hats off to the club for not going the traditional route as it removes speculation about his tenure "at the end of his contract". But I would be stunned if he didn't have some payout amounts in his contract tied to Carlton terminating his contract.

How good really were Murphy and Gibbs though? Kruezer is rubbish, you're ludicrously overrating Scotland and Henderson and Robinson, while Tuohy and Betts and Waite all played their best and most consistent football about five years later at a different club.
Kruezer is a great hard working ruckman, but Gibbs is a bit of a down hill skier, and Murphy has been far too brittle - Dangerfield has been involved in two of Murphy's injuries and come of without a scratch.

He's not a fool, nor would his management be. Hats off to the club for not going the traditional route as it removes speculation about his tenure "at the end of his contract". But I would be stunned if he didn't have some payout amounts in his contract tied to Carlton terminating his contract.

Bolton was desperate for any main coaching gig and he thought he could turn around the team and ladder position through his learned knowledge from Hawthorn and , i am sure, his use of INSPIRING buzz words and phrases

Carlton saw his desperation and locked him into a great deal for the club but a poor security deal for Bolton.

Juddy said as much on Footy Classified on Monday when he said it was a great deal for the club

He'd probably only get paid out a month at most, otherwise he would just have a normal coaching contract.
It seems like the club has hedged it's bets, gives us a get out whenever we like.

Unfortunately our board also had posters finding positives in the 109 point loss, standards still need to be in place.
A professional footy team losing by 109 points is a train wreck, as Bolton himself says we need to scrutinize, asses, reflect.
I don't really care what the breakdown is but our games played and average age was for all purposes the same as Melbourne's.
If telling the truth is seen as having an agenda (by some posters) then I'm "guilty as charged".
There's only one way to make the rumours go away!
If you choose to look at the averages in isolation, then you choose to remain ignorant to the facts.
You might find more solace here among the haters.

He'd probably only get paid out a month at most, otherwise he would just have a normal coaching contract.
It seems like the club has hedged it's bets, gives us a get out whenever we like.
I'd be stunned if that was the case. It just makes no sense for Brendan to take that type of risk at a club with a track record like ours

I'd be stunned if that was the case. It just makes no sense for Brendan to take that type of risk at a club with a track record like ours
But if I was looking to become a senior coach I'd take anything that came my way, I hope he can turn things around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are nowhere near where we should be 3 years into a rebuild, Chris Judd even admitted as much - that is a fact.
With the injuries we’ve had so far this year, it’s impossible for anyone to genuinely know where we’re at. Even Judd.
If we can get key players back for the second half of the season, we might get a better idea of where we are.

The pre-seasons games last year and the first few games of that season.... i remember Carlton looking so organised.

He improved players output. Gibbs became better. Jones. Casboult has got better.

If anything, it is the recruiters that should be a little concerned.... they need to nail this next draft.
Paying $1.10 to be another GWS reject SOS kicked the footy with or another Silvangi

With the injuries we’ve had so far this year, it’s impossible for anyone to genuinely know where we’re at. Even Judd.
If we can get key players back for the second half of the season, we might get a better idea of where we are.
Apart from Docherty there are no '''superstars" to come in.

He's no where near overrated. If you actually watched him he's an excellent tap ruckman and his work rate is great. Hasn't had a great year but he's still one of the best.
Hasn't had a great year but in the best 5 ruckman in the comp.
Righto

It funny how they supposedly extended his contract at the start of the year until 2020 but have only mentioned it after a 109 point loss and 2 wins in his last 20 odd games as coach?
People who believe this are very gullible, I'll call it for what it is - nothing more than fake news.
It's only designed to take the heat off when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back