Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is up there with Australian farmers finding out that $4 an hour and all the sexual abuse you can tolerate isn't great for attracting workers.

As a businessman i can now safely say Brexit has killed all my imports from the UK for my factory here in BG. The non-tariff barriers and the VAT and duties put on the imports are simply not worth it. I have cancelled all my obligations and despite the suppliers begging me not to do i am not willing to incur a loss. I feel bad for the importers (and exporters) and this is exactly what you morons voted for. My products shipped on December 29th and still being held up as they process the paperwork and my truck is still stuck after 3 ******* weeks!!!!!!!!! It's not just the cost, it's the whole ******* system. I will now look towards Germany or Spain for such imports, cost will be slightly higher but atleast will be smooth.

Well done to all the Brexiters who voted for this. No Guardian, no FT, first hand experience and i know hundreds and hundreds of people/companies who are in my position.

As a businessman i can now safely say Brexit has killed all my imports from the UK for my factory here in BG. The non-tariff barriers and the VAT and duties put on the imports are simply not worth it. I have cancelled all my obligations and despite the suppliers begging me not to do i am not willing to incur a loss. I feel bad for the importers (and exporters) and this is exactly what you morons voted for. My products shipped on December 29th and still being held up as they process the paperwork and my truck is still stuck after 3 ******* weeks!!!!!!!!! It's not just the cost, it's the whole ******* system. I will now look towards Germany or Spain for such imports, cost will be slightly higher but atleast will be smooth.

Well done to all the Brexiters who voted for this. No Guardian, no FT, first hand experience and i know hundreds and hundreds of people/companies who are in my position.
What area are you in?

IT, manufacturing and services.

Also known as he is the sex arse king of Sweden!

The Sun reported he was 10,000 sex arses stuck at Dover, so no s**t TP is angry about brexit

Who would have thought this would happen? so many honest business' are getting burnt. I am on the same boat as well, it's a shame, thanks Brexiters.

Royal Mail is charging 4% or 8 GBP, whichever is less of the cost of gods just for processing the paperwork! i just had some shipments delivered to my London office from Hungary, on top of VAT , i had to pay 4 percent RM charges for paperwork for a *in cheap product!!!!?? WTF???!!!???? More fearmongering, remember we warned you of this.....you morons didn't listen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Royal Mail is charging 4% or 8 GBP, whichever is less of the cost of gods just for processing the paperwork! i just had some shipments delivered to my London office from Hungary, on top of VAT , i had to pay 4 percent RM charges for paperwork for a fu**in cheap product!!!!?? WTF???!!!???? More fearmongering, remember we warned you of this.....you morons didn't listen.

Yeah, but can you smell the sovereignty?

Royal Mail is charging 4% or 8 GBP, whichever is less of the cost of gods just for processing the paperwork! i just had some shipments delivered to my London office from Hungary, on top of VAT , i had to pay 4 percent RM charges for paperwork for a fu**in cheap product!!!!?? WTF???!!!???? More fearmongering, remember we warned you of this.....you morons didn't listen.
Winning yet??

There's a reason why one of our resident mouthpieces is avoiding this thread like the plague!

I agree but i own a small medium sized company with significant exposure to UK. Yesterday i attended a conference of SMEs in stockholm, where there were more small business owners from UK and from the EU expressing their concerns about customs declaration and delays. Most of them are small time importers/exporters who are exporting goods with shelf life of 3-5 days.Preparing customs declarations for such companies (plant and animal inspection) is not only an expensive issue, it also knocks off atleast a day of shelf life from all custom delays. It's one to discuss this from a political angle without having a stake in it but this is going to impact us business owners directly ,mostly for the negative. After speaking with my lawyers if UK indeed decides to leave the customs union, the cost to my company will be quite significant (i don't want to disclose details on a public forum but happy to do so in PM) as it will be for any company in the UK. Bigger companies can get away with this as they will have prior customs arrangements in place.

And i am not even talking about tariffs.

My post from 2018. Our resident Brexiters have left the building safe to say, a lot of them are keyboard warriors with no actual business experience specially in import/export.

This is no longer forecasting but economists warned you, I warned you.

The scenes in Scotland might not be as dramatic as the food shortages and lines of backlogged trucks that many predicted post-Brexit, but the damage is already showing up in economic data. Brexit issues are exacerbating a slowdown caused by pandemic restrictions, IHS Markit said on Friday, and lengthening suppliers' delivery times. While 33% of manufacturers reporting a drop in exports linked the decline directly to the pandemic, some 60% linked the drop to Brexit, according to IHS.
ForagePlus, a horse nutrition business based in Wales, had dozens of parcels bound for Europe returned this week due to glitches in its shipping company's new systems for processing customs information. "It's just a shambles basically," ForagePlus founder Sarah Braithwaite told CNN Business, adding that it had been nearly a month since the company was able to ship anything into Europe due to the pandemic and Brexit.

So business are being advised by the government to set up in the EU.

lol

So why leave the EU in the first place 🤷‍♂️

Completely predictable. How anyone could support this idiocy is incomprehensible to me.

these firms are going to set up separate facilities in the EU. Just in time supply chains just aren’t workable right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back