Brisbane Lions are now on the longest current winning streak

Remove this Banner Ad

We have now gone back to back to back twice this century.

These are now selling like hot cakes in the Lions merchandise store.
tenor.gif

Saints have also became the first side in history to have six players of the same name all kick a goal in the same game - Jack Newnes, Billings, Steven, Lonie, Sinclair and Steele.

So yeah, good work I guess.....

Annoyingly common name nowadays haha. Used to be a nickname for John, which is my name actually, which is rare even for those my age, despite it being so common before.

I'm not convinced that there is anything poetic about the Lions beating us twice this season. I don't see them all of a sudden going on a 10 year, multi flag journey while we battle for the spoon for a decade.
BUT, I have a feeling that a new bogey side has reared its head and we may have trouble beating the Lions for a while. The Hodge and Fagen factor helps, but their big bodied mids, tall and agile forwards and the pure class of their kids matches up really well against our slow and aging defense and lack of midfield explosivness. Not looking forward to playing them again.

How about the three Rorys at Adelaide? I can't even think of another Rory off the top of my head.
There’s the 2m ruckman at gws (lobbe)
And a kpd at Gold Coast too I think??? (Thompson???)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not convinced that there is anything poetic about the Lions beating us twice this season. I don't see them all of a sudden going on a 10 year, multi flag journey while we battle for the spoon for a decade.
BUT, I have a feeling that a new bogey side has reared its head and we may have trouble beating the Lions for a while. The Hodge and Fagen factor helps, but their big bodied mids, tall and agile forwards and the pure class of their kids matches up really well against our slow and aging defense and lack of midfield explosivness. Not looking forward to playing them again.

Maybe but I expect it’s more of the changing of the guard. Hawthorn are on the way down, Brisbane on the way up. Fagan helps though. Lions will start beating more and more teams next season though. And if Geelong isn’t careful this has shock loss all over it

Maybe but I expect it’s more of the changing of the guard. Hawthorn are on the way down, Brisbane on the way up. Fagan helps though. Lions will start beating more and more teams next season though. And if Geelong isn’t careful this has shock loss all over it

Depends on how you define 'way down'. We are on the way down compared to a three-peat. But I don't see us bottoming out just yet. If it didn't happen last year after the start we had then I don't expect it to at all in the near future. I do expect to be competing for finals spots with Brisbane over the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back