Preview Brisbane v Adelaide Preview No Divine intervention Needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are reading a lot into Dev and I hope they're right .
There’s a lot of hopeium (on my behalf) for Dev (and Prior and Sharp), post Neale & Lyons.

I really want our “next” midfield ready to go when Robinson, Zorko, Lyons & Neale are done.

We’ve got a few of the blocks in place.

There’s a lot of hopeium (on my behalf) for Dev (and Prior and Sharp), post Neale & Lyons.

I really want our “next” midfield ready to go when Robinson, Zorko, Lyons & Neale are done.

We’ve got a few of the blocks in place.

Next Gen by 2023 will at least consist of Rayner (if he transitions) McCluggage Bailey Berry Ashcroft & Robertson. Perhaps Joyce if he comes on. Future looks good.

Neale will be 29 at the beginning of the 2023 season and Lyons will be 30. Probably a bit early for you guys to pension them off. Personally I think our midfield improves over the next couple of years even with Robbo and Zorko likely retiring. We have a lot of guys who are young and developing.

On Robertson I think a lot of people are getting ahead of themselves. He has worked hard but I am not sold on him becoming a high level player just yet. I am not seeing elite traits although there are a lot of encouraging ones. He could be good but he still needs to improve a fair bit.

FWIW I am hoping Sharp comes on as well. He looked solid in his games and his running power would add nice balance to our team and paper over mistakes. He has further to go than Robertson and is less certain. On his running one thing that I think would be clear to him is that despite his engine already there he needs to improve his repeat sprints. Running 15k with a lot of it made up of 50 to 100m sprints is different from what he has done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back