Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

I said before, how people of the calibre of BH and BL scored jobs in parliament house leaves a lot to be desired. Neither impressed me during both the criminal and civil trials. And that is putting it mildly.

Higgins and Sharaz are probably better off losing the social media accounts. Posting posed pics of their new life in France is doing nothing but fuelling the fire from the "haters".

Clearly, Reynolds is emboldened and once lawyers smell a pot of honey, don't be surprised if they try and lick it clean. Id know too, my father runs a law firm.

Higgins looks like she is going to dig in her heels and go head to head with Reynolds.

Good honest public servants have been sacrificed over decades to get this type of expertise into the frame.

Didn’t he say he was working on the defence policy? Allegedly

I said before, how people of the calibre of BH and BL scored jobs in parliament house leaves a lot to be desired. Neither impressed me during both the criminal and civil trials. And that is putting it mildly.

Not sure wtf you're surprised - they were both Liberal Party staffers. These are not people selected under the merit principle as happens in the public service. They largely score jobs based on their political connections and loyalty to the party - not on their academic qualifications, or professional expertise and integrity.

The Report on the Independent Review into Commonwealth Parliamentary Workplaces commissioned by former PM Scott Morrison, made it quite clear what the consequences of such a recruitment policy on the culture and professionalism of Parliament House and Ministerial workplaces and why bullying, sexual harassment and sexual assault were widespread occurrences in the period leading up to the alleged rape and how senior staff - including Chiefs of Staff - were woefully ill-equipped and inappropriately trained to deal with the subsequent consequences of the widespread harassment and bullying that took place, as revealed by the Inquiry.

The findings of that review, relating to 'systemic and structural failings' leading to the unsafe nature of parliamentary workplaces undoubtedly forming a key component of the legal reasoning behind the awarding of substantial compensation to Ms Higgins in lieu of her intent to pursue substantial civil action for breaches of workplace safety laws.

Because Albo and co have no backbone, they should have waited for more details (and Britters flip flopping her story when under cross examination). More wasted money and egg on the face of the government!
I recall a PM apologising to her in Parliament…which sort of gave it away… can’t remember who it was? He was a real * stick though…that I remember well

I recall a PM apologising to her in Parliament…which sort of gave it away… can’t remember who it was? He was a real * stick though…that I remember well
NOOO DAT WUZ ELBOW!!!1!!11111111

Linda Reynolds commentary on Turnbull's overthrow of her mate Tony Abbott in the ABC's Nemesis documentary got full points for unintended irony

GFCC08ybQAA5KlF

"When you're so focused on one thing, and that is blind ambition & ego, you don't really think about the consequences that unfold, & one of them is that, you know, you reap what you sow."

When they did a similar series on Hawke Keating, there wasn’t the rabid social media appetite for the slightest slight.

This could damage the libs as some of the current leadership were in all these meetings.

Didn’t Dutton get the super ministry from Turnbull/Morrison?

When they did a similar series on Hawke Keating, there wasn’t the rabid social media appetite for the slightest slight.

This could damage the libs as some of the current leadership were in all these meetings.

Didn’t Dutton get the super ministry from Turnbull/Morrison?
Dutton got the super ministry from Morrison with a blank cheque book so he would leave Morrison alone and not challenge.

Anything Morrison did was about Morrison. And the multi billion un-tendered off shore detention contracts were not his money so why should he care.

LOL.

Both the Hawke/Keating and Gillard/Rudd series attracted substantial media attention and the comments of those present were quoted ad nauseam. But you had to be watching/reading the MSM to notice.

It's just that the social media platforms for repeat commentary did not exist in the Hawke/Keating era and have expanded exponentially since the election of Tony Abbott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christian Porter v ABC
Ben Roberts War Crimes v Nine
Bruce Lehrmann v Ten

Why do RWNJs continue to do so much winning???
Yet none of the rapey murdering campaigners are in prison yet.

the costello is reporting walter sofronoff made 55 phone calls (time wise these calls totalled over 7 hours on the blower) to journos at the oz (janet albrechtson mostly)

the costello is reporting walter sofronoff made 55 phone calls (time wise these calls totalled over 7 hours on the blower) to journos at the oz (janet albrechtson mostly)

Extraordinary

Note that is just calls TO NewsCorp from Justice Sofronoff.

How many calls went the other way I wonder.

A so called ‘independent’ inquiry into the Lehrmann rape trial.

Dodgy AF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back