Bye Bye Nobles

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to admit the rumours about disgruntled players and fractured relationships was definitely obvious on the field but now it would have been a catalyst to push him out.

Once you lose the players that’s it. No way coming back.

Good luck Noble 👍
That just highlights the rabble culture that is in our club.. what, players can't handle a spray from a coach? Good luck having Al Clarkson talking nicely to you all the time and being your best friend when you play for a pay cheque.
And if the coach lost the players then where are the other seniors to challenge the situation? Are we really that much a collective of passangers?

Bit of an indictment on senior assistants Blakey & Younie that they would pick a development coach to take over as the interim coach.

Catch ya Noble, feel like you were always behind the 8 ball with the s**t sandwich you were handed (due to poor recruitment, list management and drafting).

Surely now, we pull the pin on all things Paul Roos…he had a huge say in picking Noble and the state of the club proves his “leadership guidance” isn’t worth a pinch of goatshit.

Felt like a farewell game considering how we played.

BTW, Tom Browne was right again.
It’s smart of us to leak to someone in the media so it’s not a surprise

The surprise was of all people we choose to leak to Tom not that he has done anything against us in the media but more so his rep in the media is to get things wrong/premature with his news breaking

I hope that those involved in selecting Noble can sleep at night - they shouldn’t!!

They have convinced a guy who was steering his career towards administration to coach and given him few resources and a crap list - then sack him.(Or make his tenure impossible)

it’s time for the NMFC to get it right. Stop concentrating on being debt free and start worrying about being a functioning successful AFL side - we won’t exist otherwise. Commit to best practice - not bargain buys.

To those bagging David - grow up!! He didn’t work out - but nothing can come from being vindictive towards a guy who I genuinely believe is good person who was set up fail by a flawed organisation.

Time for change Roos - and that starts this weekend with a playing group who can either stand up - or leave. We have more pain to come so no room for downhill skiers - anywhere.

I hope that those involved in selecting Noble can sleep at night - they shouldn’t!!

They have convinced a guy who was steering his career towards administration to coach and given him few resources and a crap list - then sack him.(Or make his tenure impossible)

it’s time for the NMFC to get it right. Stop concentrating on being debt free and start worrying about being a functioning successful AFL side - we won’t exist otherwise. Commit to best practice - not bargain buys.

To those bagging David - grow up!! He didn’t work out - but nothing can come from being vindictive towards a guy who I genuinely believe is good person who was set up fail by a flawed organisation.

Time for change Roos - and that starts this weekend with a playing group who can either stand up - or leave. We have more pain to come so no room for downhill skiers - anywhere.
Well said, couldnt agree more with your opinion.

Amazing that when you get people to run clubs that have no Football background it turns for the worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm - this aged well. You don't really have any inside industry information do you?
I didn't say it was based on anything inside industry knowledge? It was my opinion. I was genuinely surprised that it happened today.

Appreciate you trying to make me look foolish by quoting posts in hindsight though.

I didn't say it was based on anything inside industry knowledge? It was my opinion. I was genuinely surprised that it happened today.

Appreciate you trying to make me look foolish by quoting posts in hindsight though.
You did that all by yourself.

You said "It's honestly 50-50. People are in for a shock if they think he's 100% gone." Those statements imply that you have had inside information on decision makers' thoughts and discussions re Noble. At least you've admitted now you didn't.

You don't have any inside information on how player agents use the media either do you?

You did that all by yourself.

You said "It's honestly 50-50. People are in for a shock if they think he's 100% gone." Those statements imply that you have had inside information on decision makers' thoughts and discussions re Noble. At least you've admitted now you didn't.

You don't have any inside information on how player agents use the media either do you?
Haha I'll leave it there.

There's enough going on at our club today.

I think this “putting the balance sheet ahead of on field performance” narrative is absolute bullshit.

Where have we not spent that we should have full soft cap spend, we are in the process for facilities upgrade, where else haven’t we spent. No one seems to be able to give a clear answer to that.

We cut our list to rebuild and it’s good we’ve had breathing space to do it financially because the relocation s**t is bad enough as it is imagine what it would be like if we were in debt.

Why should anyone who appointed DN be sacked the process to appoint him was sound they consulted industry professionals thoroughly developed a short list dealt with coaches removing themselves from consideration, the call simply didn’t work. No one should be sacked based on the appointment. Perhaps with the setup around him you may have a point but I’d be looking at the list as to a reason why our record is what it is. It’s a list that was cutdown to rebuild.

The surprise was of all people we choose to leak to Tom not that he has done anything against us in the media but more so his rep in the media is to get things wrong/premature with his news breaking
I thought the same thing, but someone pointed out that TB can be relied on to put out info unfiltered and without follow-up, so I assume that's the appeal.

We showed we can be competitive against Sydney and Collingwood, so where was this effort for all the other games? That goes back on the coach. They weren’t playing for him or each other.
This is the right decision. Sorry Nobes, but wish you all the best

Yeah agree. Also look at these campaigners

r0_269_3907_2466_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
Cost Nick the Wimbledon title. If only they could clap louder! Louder god damnit!!
Time to sack your family Nick.

In my opinion David Noble, never had a chance of succeeding. The savage cuts at the end of 2020, followed by the further departures at the end of 2021 and the unavailability of our best player, BennyC for all of this year and Polec for most, have made his position impossible. In my opinion no coach would have managed any better.

None of the legendary coaches from Jock McHale, Checker Hughes Norm Smith, Tommy Hafey, Alan Jeans, John Kennedy, Kevin Sheedy, Mick Malthouse to Clarkson would have done better or much better with the same hand that Noble was given.

In my opinion what has happened is due to the removal of far too much experience, far too quickly. It doesn't matter what field any business operates in; losing too much experience, too quickly, decimates organisations. And AFL football is one of the toughest industries to operate in.

Have a look at this team

B: Williams Tarrant Vickers-Willis

HB: Atley Daw McMillan

C: Pittard Higgins Dumont

HF: Polec Durdin Wood

F: Garner Brown Tyson

R: Campbell Cunnington

R: Jacobs

I/C: Ahern Walker Menadue Hosie

Medi Sub: Crocker or Ham

Obviously some of those players should have been delisted, but surely not 11 in one go?

Last year we started in a manner not too dissimilar to how we have been this year, however towards the end of the year, Noble had righted the ship, to the extent that many saw us as improvers. And then the 2021 departures, plus BennyC and Polec's absences hit us again.

What we have seen in the last two years, is a massive loss of experience, to be replaced largely by youthful potential. Potential is a wonderful word. One definition of potential is:

"latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness." May and future, two words that guarantee nothing. Nothing there about experience.

And where does that potential go to, to learn and develop, if the ranks of experience are as thin as they are now at the NMFC?

In my opinion, Brady has much to answer for. I think he has been far too brutal in his cuts and is more than anyone responsible for where we are.

As to David Noble. Go well old RoyBoy. You never had a chance. Hopefully greener pastures await.

In my opinion David Noble, never had a chance of succeeding. The savage cuts at the end of 2020, followed by the further departures at the end of 2021 and the unavailability of our best player, BennyC for all of this year and Polec for most, have made his position impossible. In my opinion no coach would have managed any better.

None of the legendary coaches from Jock McHale, Checker Hughes Norm Smith, Tommy Hafey, Alan Jeans, John Kennedy, Kevin Sheedy, Mick Malthouse to Clarkson would have done better or much better with the same hand that Noble was given.

I largely agree that Noble was never given a great chance at succeeding and I don't really want to come across as dancing on a freshly buried grave, but hard disagree to the idea that some of the GOAT coaches wouldn't have done any better.

It's been analysed to death on here by more astute posters than myself but there have been some fairly clear examples of Noble's shortcomings as a gameday and tactical coach, throughout this season especially, and yes he was hamstrung somewhat by things out of his control but at the end of the day a senior coach is responsible for working with and getting the best out of what they have available and I'm not sure Noble did that.

Being a senior AFL coach is a bloody hard gig though and there's no shame whatsoever in not succeeding. Mark Neeld was a PE teacher of mine years before coaching the Dees and it still makes me cringe how he is referred to these day by the average footy punter as I remember him quite fondly, but his legacy (footy wise) has undeniably been tarnished and I would hate for the same to happen to David Noble. At the end of the day though neither of them were up to the task given to them at the time whether through extraneous variables or their own shortcomings.

I'm sure Noble has learned a lot from this experience and we should absolutely wish him all the best because he seems like a genuinely nice person, but we don't need to hyperbolise or deify him. When all is said and done though his performance was probably one of an average at best inexperienced AFL head coach that just couldn't bring the best out of a talented young list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back