Caleb Daniel's (absolutely enormous) Bandwagon led by the Giant Clydesdales of Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

$23 again at $11, again at $10's when weitering went down :)

Petracca may be a problem though.... His game against the GC was ridiculous (albeit it was the GC in disarray). Looks the goods and looking forward to seeing him against A grade competition this weekend. Should have gone pick 1.

I wonder if Caleb's success helped open the door for a player like McDonald-tipungwuti who is listed at 171cm to come into an AFL system and show what he can do. Both he and Caleb are showing that raw ability stands out over size. Another great game today from Caleb, that kick to Dale in the goalsquare was incredible. After watching it multiple times I still can't see the moment he looked at Dale to kick it to him, his hand+brain to foot speed is ridiculous.

Fabulous player. This is why you recruit footballers rather than guys who fit the physical prototype. He was statistically the best under 18 player. Maybe he should have gone pick 1. He's good enough.

Another great game today from Caleb, that kick to Dale in the goalsquare was incredible. After watching it multiple times I still can't see the moment he looked at Dale to kick it to him, his hand+brain to foot speed is ridiculous.
Amazing assist - the defenders thought the ball would be knocked over the line but he refused to give up on it.
Loved it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just reading the thread on the main board re Richardson and the Saints.

I pose the question, if CD was on the saints list would he be their best young player?

2014 re-draft:

1. Heeney
2. Moore
3. Wright
4. De goey
5. Brayshaw
6. Lever
7. Daniel
8. Petracca
9. Cockatoo
10. Duggan
11. McCartin.
12. McLean

Dalrymple cleaned up again.
My rankings would be similar, I would swap Petracca and Brayshaw then swap Cockatoo and McLean but otherwise would have it the same. Either way I think Daniel deserves to be amongst the top handful in his draft year and I'm glad we're the sensible club that drafted him first. It's not like he did anything wrong in his draft year either.

My rankings would be similar, I would swap Petracca and Brayshaw then swap Cockatoo and McLean but otherwise would have it the same. Either way I think Daniel deserves to be amongst the top handful in his draft year and I'm glad we're the sensible club that drafted him first. It's not like he did anything wrong in his draft year either.
The only thing he's done wrong his entire career is be short. If he were a foot taller and 15 kg heavier he'd be number one on that list.

Pick 46 is a steal, and I'm sure Dalrymple knew that when he drafted the boy.

How would we have felt if we'd taken him with our first pick (25?) ?

Would any club who'd gambled a first round pick on him be disappointed?

I think there's a lesson in that for all of us...:)

2014 re-draft:

1. Heeney
2. Moore
3. Wright
4. De goey
5. Brayshaw
6. Lever
7. Daniel
8. Petracca
9. Cockatoo
10. Duggan
11. McCartin.
12. McLean

Dalrymple cleaned up again.

I don't rate Cockatoo at all and feel McLean and Daniel could be swapped. Otherwise agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back