Can GC turn this around?

What is the future of the GC Suns?

• They will eventually become successful and become a destination club.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • They will be dissolved or moved by the AFL within the next ten years.

Votes: 66 30.3%
  • They will merge with a Melbourne club within ten years.

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • They will survive for years but will rarely make the finals.

Votes: 105 48.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is that no facts are needed in this thread so why ask for them now.

Why does he have to provide something when most of the garbage here isnt backed by anything.

You dont honestly expect him to name people who he has spoken to do you?
You cant be that silly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Of course he doesn't have to provide proof. I'm just pointing out that by doing that he has no credibility and his opinion should be worth nothing to anybody with half a brain.

If that's the case no one on here has any credibility.

The distinction is that he's claiming he's got inside information. Somebody who posts a personal opinion about Lyons or the Suns doesn't necessarily have to back it up. I mean it helps facilitate a discussion if people are actually willing to explain the logic behind their opinions but many just use the forum as their own personal soap box. I get that. But there are other people though who seek pundit status but go running for the hills when others rightfully ask for receipts. I don't see why I should respect that, or why I'm wrong to point out how stupid it is.

Meanwhile your only contribution to this thread is that everybody is full of s**t so why should we bother having any standards at all. What a great contribution to BigFooty.

Of course he doesn't have to provide proof. I'm just pointing out that by doing that he has no credibility and his opinion should be worth nothing to anybody with half a brain.
Don’t take the GCS fans seriously, they have been trying to shut down conversation about the state of the Suns since the end of the season.
Not one tid bit of evidence that Lyon was a toxic influence, not liked or caused the coach grief.

Don’t take the GCS fans seriously, they have been trying to shut down conversation about the state of the Suns since the end of the season.
Not one tid bit of evidence that Lyon was a toxic influence, not liked or caused the coach grief.
Both the people I quoted are actually GWS fans though. :think:

The distinction is that he's claiming he's got inside information. Somebody who posts a personal opinion about Lyons or the Suns doesn't necessarily have to back it up. I mean it helps facilitate a discussion if people are actually willing to explain the logic behind their opinions but many just use the forum as their own personal soap box. I get that. But there are other people though who seek pundit status but go running for the hills when others rightfully ask for receipts. I don't see why I should respect that, or why I'm wrong to point out how stupid it is.

Meanwhile your only contribution to this thread is that everybody is full of s**t so why should we bother having any standards at all. What a great contribution to BigFooty.

Please. People are always saying they have the inside knowledge on here. Only fools demand to know who is leaking the info as there is no way they will say who it is.

My only contribution? Hmmm your quality is lacking if you think my interactions with you are my only contributions.

Please. People are always saying they have the inside knowledge on here. Only fools demand to know who is leaking the info as there is no way they will say who it is.

My only contribution? Hmmm your quality is lacking if you think my interactions with you are my only contributions.

Sorry if you delivered some nuggets of wisdom in this thread that I missed but your last one isn't covering you in any glory.

I just like pointing out the double standards on this board.

And having you or any other backwards traditional stater think highly of me is the last thing on my mind.

Mate I don't give two shits about who you support. Take your persecution complex elsewhere.

Not sure what the answer is for Gold Coast. Brisbane are in a similar predicament. They look to be building something now but still face the go home factor as evidenced by the mass exodus a few years back.

The AFL have really overextended themselves here. When GWS go through their first crop of high draft picks they received during their inception what happens then? Low crowds, average team, ordinary location.

Both new franchises will really be struggling in a few years from now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Miles, Swallow, Miller, Brodie plus Horlin-Smith, Fiorini, Ellis, Bowes and draft picks the Suns aren't exactly short of options to run through the middle. I guess it depends if you think Lyons was significantly better than Miles, Swallow and Miller really.

The real shame is the Suns surely could've got something like a future 3rd round pick out of a team during trade week which would help their list build. It's poor list management really.

It will be by far the worst AFL midfield of all time.

Was an incredibly negative influence on the playing group. All of the skills in the world won't make up for a piss poor attitude and thinking he's above the senior coach (ala; Brent Moloney).

A very brave and club defining move by Dew and the team. Full credit to them :thumbsu:

Did lol at 'club defining'

Defining to the shitter maybe.

What the heck is wrong with the people who keep clamouring for the Suns to move? It disgusts me that people are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of taking football away from thousands of fans.
Do you know what i think will happen if GC and GWS are successful clubs?
And maybe there are others with the same thoughts, that's why they want them to fail.

If they are successful, i think then the AFL will fold some Vic. sides.

To be frank, I want them to fold.
Like many of us I believe Tassie should have gotten a team before the Gold Coast.
Now they're making a mockery of the game, they don't deserve a club
What if the incorrect people were put in charge of a Tasmanian side ran it in the ground?
No one wanted to play in Tasmania and whoever went there didn’t stay?
Would you say the Tasmania doesn’t deserve a team? Would you want to move them on as well?
Or would you move the rot out and start again, ie the dees 2010 - 2013?

I have no desire for Gold Coast to fold, nor do I think they will. That said, they have big, big problems and its hard to be enthused about the Lyons move. At best they've lost another talented player with attitude problems (if they do in fact exist).

On-field its hard to see them winning a lot of games next year but if they can at least inject some hope and excitement from a united group then perhaps they can start to get their list moving in the right direction again. Losing 2 co-captains that are among the better players in the game for their respective roles is a pretty big body blow. No matter how well you draft and develop you aren't going to hit every top 10 draft pick and make them a superstar. A perfect example is their draft in 2016 with 4 top picks: Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Bowes and Brodie. Scrimshaw already gone so a total fail and none of the others are guaranteed to be guns of the competition either.

I have no desire for Gold Coast to fold, nor do I think they will. That said, they have big, big problems and its hard to be enthused about the Lyons move. At best they've lost another talented player with attitude problems (if they do in fact exist).

On-field its hard to see them winning a lot of games next year but if they can at least inject some hope and excitement from a united group then perhaps they can start to get their list moving in the right direction again. Losing 2 co-captains that are among the better players in the game for their respective roles is a pretty big body blow. No matter how well you draft and develop you aren't going to hit every top 10 draft pick and make them a superstar. A perfect example is their draft in 2016 with 4 top picks: Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Bowes and Brodie. Scrimshaw already gone so a total fail and none of the others are guaranteed to be guns of the competition either.
That’s the nature of rebuilding.

Back