Cats set to host Simonds finals

Remove this Banner Ad

1st of all I'm not overly fussed if we play home finals at Simonds or not. I am on the side of having them but I love the G and I think any extra game there is good for the experience come GF day.

2nd it is a disadvantage for us to play 'home' finals at the G. It is not our home ground and our record especially of late is no where near as good as Simonds.
We only play 2 home games at the G unlike Richmond who get.... 10? You play at the G overall twice maybe 3 times as much as us if you include away games also.
You play there WAYYYY more often and train across the road. The only reason our record is good at the G is because we are really good at footy.

3rd the real disadvantage is the least supported clubs in Vic ie GWS, GC and Freo (but they did beat us there)
Why should they be disadvantaged by playing at our home ground when every other club gets to neutralise the advantage when finishing lower?

Those clubs continuously miss the chance of playing on the G due to a lack of support and are often made to play more games at etihad during the h&a season.

I wonder if Freo got the QF game at the MCG in 2013 would they have won the flag that year? It took them a lot of getting used to the ground and swirling breeze GF day. A qualifying final vs Geelong at the G may have given them the advantage they needed.
Bingo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How is it a home ground advantage? MCG is a neutral ground for Vic teams, especially Geelong who played more than half their home games there until the last year.
Do you still seriously not get this? Cats have two home grounds, one gives them an advantage of other Vic teams the other puts them o even footing with other Vic teams.

Not surprising that a GWS supporter doesnt know s**t tho
Its a bit of a stretch to call the G a neutral ground for all vic teams isn't it? How many games do Collingwood/dees play there for example, compared to a Geelong or a st. kilda or doggies? Geelong only played there for revenue-now we can play at k park more. Good on us for holding onto our local ground, especially considering we are not a Melbourne team as such. We get a combined 12 games with our 2 'home grounds'( laughable claim by the way) -how many do you get at your home ground-11? Big deal. What about the Hawks two home grounds-you have a problem with that? I presume according to your theory that Etihad is your other home ground-how many do you get there? Do you ever leave Melbs? ;)
The only thing I see as unfair is that you play a h&a in Geelong whereas Hawks, Carlton etc don't-and they should!

Last edited:

Its a bit of a stretch to call the G a neutral ground for all vic teams isn't it? How many games do Collingwood/dees play there for example, compared to a Geelong or a st. kilda or doggies? Geelong only played there for revenue-now we can play at k park more. Good on us for holding onto our local ground, especially considering we are not a Melbourne team as such. We get a combined 12 games with our 2 'home grounds'( laughable claim by the way) -how many do you get at your home ground-11? Big deal. What about the Hawks two home grounds-you have a problem with that? I presume according to your theory that Etihad is your other home ground-how many do you get there? Do you ever leave Melbs? ;)
The only thing I see as unfair is that you play a h&a in Geelong whereas Hawks, Carlton etc don't-and they should!
I don't think it is. Geelong play their 5 times this year. That's more than 11 other sides in the AFL. Carlton play there only 7 times.

5 is a significant amount of games that you should not be at a disadvantage playing at the MCG.

I don't think it is. Geelong play their 5 times this year. That's more than 11 other sides in the AFL. Carlton play there only 7 times.

5 is a significant amount of games that you should not be at a disadvantage playing at the MCG.
Carlton play 10 at the G and 6 at Etihad which according to this crackpot theory gives them 16 home games-hardly a disadvantage? If you want to make this stretch and combine our games at the g, Etihad and kpark its 16. Same deal l'd have thought.
Ps they never should have given up princes park.

So 10s of thousands dont get locked out of the GF? Or concerts or other events?

Which they have earned. If they choose to play there then they should be allowed.

You're missing the point. Yes Geelong should be able to choose wherever they want to play their home final but it's a supply and demand issue. If Geelong go with hosting a final against a Vic side at a small venue how do you expect their supporters who miss out to react? Especially when you consider that could if it were hosted at the MCG?

You're missing the point. Yes Geelong should be able to choose wherever they want to play their home final but it's a supply and demand issue. If Geelong go with hosting a final against a Vic side at a small venue how do you expect their supporters who miss out to react? Especially when you consider that could if it were hosted at the MCG?
The ones who missed out would be the same if they miss out any other time. Unlucky ir not quick enough.

Every Victorian final should be at the MCG. Only exception is if there are 4 Victorian finals in Week 1, then Etihad or Geelong should host the 4th game.

The ones who missed out would be the same if they miss out any other time. Unlucky ir not quick enough.

A Geelong/Essendon final would hit 90k. If that is played in Geelong a guaranteed 60,000 fans would miss out.

The people missing out if the game was in Geelong would include Essendon and Geelong fans that have been to all their respective home games for the year.
It's why finals have always been at the MCG (or Waverley Park).

Entitled. "I wanna home ground advantage even though i didnt earn it."

Not at all
Bored means bored.
You have nothing but "wah wah wah me me me."

I think this is just about your hate for Richmond and wanting them to play with a home ground disadvantage. No matter how much you yell about it, its not going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put up fair and reasonable arguments as well and he went the name calling route.

Hense the commemts about sellouts.

Just because you want a home ground advantage without earning it doesnt make it right.

No you didn't. All your argument was is "higher ladder = home ground".

I responded with how its a fans game and its more important to let as many fans see the finals as possible and you just ignored that and started going on about how I just want home ground advantage, even though MCG is one of Geelongs home grounds, so there is no advantage.
And then how people miss out on lots of different types of events so they should miss out on this one? How does that even make sense.

Dont pretend you had any fair and reasonable argument when everything you said was bs.

Very different reaction on here than the 'suck it up' Freo fans got last time around.

Except even Freo have more guts than the Tigers - Richmond would never win a game let alone a final down there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this is just about your hate for Richmond and wanting them to play with a home ground disadvantage. No matter how much you yell about it, its not going to happen.
Couldnt care less about richmond. Funny how thats the go to with allot of you guys.

How is thinking that you have to earn a home ground advantage got anything to do with hate? Your bias is showing champion

Only ever disliked the dogs. Maybe swans.

No you didn't. All your argument was is "higher ladder = home ground".

I responded with how its a fans game and its more important to let as many fans see the finals as possible and you just ignored that and started going on about how I just want home ground advantage, even though MCG is one of Geelongs home grounds, so there is no advantage.
And then how people miss out on lots of different types of events so they should miss out on this one? How does that even make sense.

Dont pretend you had any fair and reasonable argument when everything you said was bs.
The argument responce was. We have a bigger ground so we should get the home ground advantage.

Not fair and reasonable at all.

Dont pretend like you arent being biased about this.

Very different reaction on here than the 'suck it up' Freo fans got last time around.

Except even Freo have more guts than the Tigers - Richmond would never win a game let alone a final down there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dislike Freo and all and I think finals should be there but I don't agree with the fact you should be forced to play there when the vast majority of other clubs don't have to as the away team in finals.
Either everyone has to play at our home as the away side or no one has to.

The argument responce was. We have a bigger ground so we should get the home ground advantage.

Not fair and reasonable at all.

Dont pretend like you arent being biased about this.

No, I said if there is a bigger ground, the game should be played their. I don't give a s**t who gets home ground advantage.
If Simmonds could hold 100k then I would be fine having it there.
Get that through your head, M8, I've said it a dozen times.

Couldnt care less about richmond. Funny how thats the go to with allot of you guys.

How is thinking that you have to earn a home ground advantage got anything to do with hate? Your bias is showing champion

Only ever disliked the dogs. Maybe swans.

Nope, that bs, this is all about your intense hatred for Richmond. Thats clear from all your messages. Get over it, mate.

Noy

No, I said if there is a bigger ground, the game should be played their. I don't give a s**t who gets home ground advantage.
If Simmonds could hold 100k then I would be fine having it there.
Get that through your head, M8, I've said it a dozen times.
Except it isnt.

Its pretty easy to say "if it existed id be all for it" when theres no chance itll happen.

Get your head around it, or move on and dont qoute me, i dont believe you.

You want the home ground advantage of your tens of thousands of members (who wouldnt) wether it was earned or not.

Except it isnt.

Its pretty easy to say "if it existed id be all for it" when theres no chance itll happen.

Get your head around it, or move on and dont qoute me, i dont believe you.

You want the home ground advantage of your tens of thousands of members (who wouldnt) wether it was earned or not.

Except it is. It's the fans game. Play at the group that can hold as many as possible. Which ever ground that is.
Your pathetic bias against Richmond is showing again.

In the first 2 weeks of the finals I honestly wouldn't have a problem going to KP to watch my side. But there's no way they could host a prelim there, that's when you want 80,000+ fans attending

Remove this Banner Ad

Back