Prediction CEY 2017, make or break, will he make it?

Will CEY make it?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sympathise, but haven't you moderated the excesses of your youth? I recommend doing the cryptic crossword each day to maximise the brain cell retention.
Yes I have. :)
I do them when I can but still find black spots :( , times when a word or a person just wont enter the space. For example the washing cars and footballers triggered something but I wasn't sure.

I hope he makes it, but part of me thinks that if he was going to, he would have done so before now. He's been around a long time without really making much of an impact.

I reckon this has to be the year CEY cements a best 22 spot.

We off loaded Lyons, and Thommo is about finished.

If he can't force a spot in the side under those conditions he will never make it.

Not just that but 2016 netted us 2 possible quality inside mids for the future, and their output in 2018 could see him push out. in Gallucci and Pohokle
Its the first time since Matt Crouch that the Crows have use picks under 50 for inside mids.

Except Galluci isn't really an inside mid
He's better in the guts than the likes of Atkins, Hampton, Milera and Cameron, can shoot out a handball from a contest pretty quickly. That said, I still see him in a majorly outside role eventually, but I reckon he'll spend more time in the guts than those mentioned above.

He's better in the guts than the likes of Atkins, Hampton, Milera and Cameron, can shoot out a handball from a contest pretty quickly. That said, I still see him in a majorly outside role eventually, but I reckon he'll spend more time in the guts than those mentioned above.
We'll see on that point

Except Galluci isn't really an inside mid
He the same as Sloane an all round Midfielder that can plan Inside, outside forward, or back.
And more to the point he will play this year, my tip is more than 10 games.
So unless CEY plays better than good football consistently he will be gone end of 2017, the competition for positions is stronger this pre-season than last year. And by the end 2017 it will be even stronger with at least another contested mid coming into the squad. Then add Signorello, and maybe Davis to that group of Mids.

I hope CEY does play top football, but I also see Brad and Matt Crouch, Sloane, Douglas, Hampton, CC, Milera, Wigg, Gallucci, Poholke, Thommo to a lesser degree,
But in 2018 I will add, Signorella, Edwards and Davis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw one CEY game in the SANFL last year (on TV). He was unbelievably good. Not just "really good sanfl player", but special.

Would like to see him have another chance to put it together in afl. Don't know if he'll make it, but could still be a chance.

I posted this 18 months ago and havn't found any real reason to change my mind...

"Any one else noticed how CEY looks like he is playing in slow motion? Its surreal, but he gets away with it. Big bodied inside mid who can tackle and gets the ball out.

Can't quite see the comparisons to Goodes. Goodes is/was far more athletic and seemed more natural. More of that may come for CEY, but it seems his ceiling is a fair bit lower. In short, a very handy big inside tackling mid who can take a mark, but probably not a heck of a lot more. Has the potential to be quite a good AFL player, but not a great one. However, there is something a little enigmatic about the guy which may just prove this analysis wrong. I hope so but don't think so a this stage."

Saw one CEY game in the SANFL last year (on TV). He was unbelievably good. Not just "really good sanfl player", but special.

Would like to see him have another chance to put it together in afl. Don't know if he'll make it, but could still be a chance.
We need to find out one way or another this year, rather than delisting him in a year without been given a decent opportunity.

He the same as Sloane an all round Midfielder that can plan Inside, outside forward, or back.
And more to the point he will play this year, my tip is more than 10 games.
So unless CEY plays better than good football consistently he will be gone end of 2017, the competition for positions is stronger this pre-season than last year. And by the end 2017 it will be even stronger with at least another contested mid coming into the squad. Then add Signorello, and maybe Davis to that group of Mids.

I hope CEY does play top football, but I also see Brad and Matt Crouch, Sloane, Douglas, Hampton, CC, Milera, Wigg, Gallucci, Poholke, Thommo to a lesser degree,
But in 2018 I will add, Signorella, Edwards and Davis.
He's nothing like Sloane - you haven't seen him play

He's quick athletic and not overly strong in contest or over the footy at this stage

Considering the club traded out Lyons and saying we had a heap of organic growth with our mids I fully expect the club to play him.
Would expect with less games for Thommo, no Lyons, no Hendo & less games for Mackay there will be opportunities for CEY, Knight, Hampton, Wigg, Menzel & more for Milera, Seedsman & perhaps even for some 1st year players.

Who really wants it?

Going to be fascinating to watch...

He's quick athletic and not overly strong in contest or over the footy at this stage
He's reasonably well developed though, strength in the contest I reckon can come after a few preseasons. Willing to give defensive pressure too.

Not a light-bodied outside type a la Brad Hill, but not a pure inside player, either. Still think the Zaka comparison could well play out.

Both players can Play inside, outside, forward or defence. So in that area, he likes Sloane in that area he versatile.
I have seen a few of his games on Utube for the under 18. for Eastern Ranges and the Under 18 championship he looked pretty strong over the ball in those games.

Would expect with less games for Thommo, no Lyons, no Hendo & less games for Mackay there will be opportunities for CEY, Knight, Hampton, Wigg, Menzel & more for Milera, Seedsman & perhaps even for some 1st year players.

Who really wants it?

Going to be fascinating to watch...
Yeah if he doesnt make it this year he never will.
But knowing AFC you can bet your bottom dollar Thomo, Dmac and Douglas will all be round 1 unless injured.

He's reasonably well developed though, strength in the contest I reckon can come after a few preseasons. Willing to give defensive pressure too.

Not a light-bodied outside type a la Brad Hill, but not a pure inside player, either. Still think the Zaka comparison could well play out.
All true - he won't be regarded an 'inside mid' though

I'd really love CEY to "make it" and be the player we need.

However, at this stage you'd have to say it's unlikely, given he's surpassed in his position by a pile of other players on the list.

I like that he's leaving no stone unturned. Could be a great weapon for us, but unlikely to get into the team IMO.

Best we can hope for is a year like Lyons had last year.

Back