Preview Changes and Preview Thread Rd 6 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it is more important to play a consistent structure.

Modern players should all be able to hit a target, kick straight and contest. So if they all know the game instinctually, it will lead to a more consistent team effort.

So if Lord replaces Dixon and the structure remains somewhat the same that’s ideal. Yes, Teakle is 20kg lighter than Dixon, but Dixon would be impossible for every team to replace. Lord is probably the closet option available.

Nothing used to grind my gears more than when we’d lose a key position player or two or three to injury, and instead of bringing in like-for-like replacements, Ken would just dip into the Sam Gray/Kane Mitchell/Tom Logan bag, and then wonder why we got beaten in the air by inferior teams.

Nothing used to grind my gears more than when we’d lose a key position player or two or three to injury, and instead of bringing in like-for-like replacements, Ken would just dip into the Sam Gray/Kane Mitchell/Tom Logan bag, and then wonder why we got beaten in the air by inferior teams.
But Aidyn Johnson nearly tagged McGovern that one time
When we still lost

It’s so strange that we don’t use Teakle as the ruckman in the twos if he is the coaches preference as the Lycett replacement.
He is a crap ruckman but how is he going to get better if he doesn’t practice the art.
We are such a dysfunctional club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teakle was preferred by Carr as far back as the internal trial because of his leap, but Lycett grabbed the #1 ruck role and expectedly was terrible. Mind you we shouldn't expect much more from Teakle.

Makes no sense that Teakle hasn't been the ruck at SANFL level only to come and play ruck at AFL level, but that disconnect sums up the Club right now. Keep convincing yourselves you're connected by telling yourself so whilst doing the complete opposite of what connected Clubs do.

Happy for Lord but disappointed Georgiades isn't getting a run. Given he's off contract at the end of the year I won't be surprised in the slightest to see him leave if he doesn't get games going forward. Playing him in the SANFL isn't going to do anything to fix his yips kicking for goal so I don't quite get why he's not playing at AFL level.

Where do we play Hayes in the SAnFL if it isnt first ruck?

Does Visentini get any minutes in ruck if Teakle is first ruck

Its pretty easy to see how Teakle doesnt get minutes in the sanfl

Good to see Travis Boak selected

Havent heard much of it in the press but let me be the first to say congratulations on breaking the Port Adelaide AFL games record this week Travis

I think Lord can play a role a AFL level, he is very much a lead mark type, but with better delivery at the next level , I think he can do a job. Keen to see what he can do and make a judgement as to whether he stays on the list.

MG was grabbing everything , but his kicking is still diabolical, fallen of a cliff.

Rather Hayes then Teakle for ruck, not sure what the thinking here is.
Teakle is more marketable

* not my view

Jonas will be fine, as long as he doesn't play on a small or a medium sized forward because he's too slow, or a tall forward because he's too short, there's definitely a spot there for him.

Jonas to ruck

Williams should have never been dropped on his form, unless there’s something we don’t know about.
Jonas was always coming back unfortunately, making him captain was not a good move for this year.
Glad Lord has got a go, I’ve seen Teakle play a bit in Perth and he’s definitely not a ruckman, more you second ruck forward type.
Looking at the West Coast side there no worse than last weeks side that lost to Geelong by 8 goals so don’t expect them to get totally bashed by us.

Good to see Travis Boak selected

Havent heard much of it in the press but let me be the first to say congratulations on breaking the Port Adelaide AFL games record this week Travis

Who holds the record? Westhoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back