Preview Changes Bulldogs V Bombers Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why when I thought we might have had a pick before a JUH bid (back after those first two rounds) I was keen on drafting Thilthorpe as a ruck/forward with similar around the ground attributes as English. Would be a dynamic pair switching back and forth from ruck to FF.
English, Naughton, Bruce, JUH, Thilthorpe is just way too much height.

I actually think West will. Played awful on Sunday and there's currently no room in the midfield for him so that's why he's playing forward but he ain't one.
I think the game against Norf may hold him in good stead.
I'd suggest Bailey Dale but he is probably our best finisher up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I will be doing when Cody weightman kicks his first goal

That reminds me. Was at the game in round 21 last year. Had never been to a bombers home game in a decade. The 60 second time starts counting down and I kid you not every Bombers supporter stood up and started swinging their scarves around until the bounce. Due respect to their passion but for a second I thought I went into the wrong stadium and walked in on a cult meeting.

I can’t wait to see Weightman in action...was hoping we would manufacture a deal to get him in the draft...has all the tricks on the highlight reels...

Nah, stick with that young fellow Eddie.;)

Reckon Richards will make way for Weightman.
I’ve been thinking that it might be Schache and we go in small

at least the weather conditions look good although I’m not sure it suits our style up there. Speaking to an Eagles mate he said they really struggled in the night watches with the greasy/ humid conditions on the Gold Coast. Never thought I’d be so disappointed to play so many night games!

English could be as clean as Ben King as a forward. Has the same reach and is a one grab mark. Would love to sit him there for a few weeks and find out but we def need him in the middle. If the season goes to sh*t then it’d be a fun experiment.
Could English play a Nick Riewoldt game style? Use his impressive tank to run his opponent ragged. Push right out of the forward line even onto the wing dragging his opponent with him and opening up space for Naughton or Bruce. I suspect this is what they want Schache to do but he doesnt appear to have the fitness or will to perform the role properly.

Then give Sweet a go in the ruck

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back