Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Tigers @ Gabba, Round 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
This game will come around quick, Richmond coming off the bye and us on a 6 day break off a road trip and Tigers looking like they are hitting some of that chaos footy form.

Unchanged unless Zorko is 100% fit.

In- Dayne Zorko.

Out- Kai Lohmann.

Play Bailey predominately as a forward.

If Zorko is good to play, you would have to think he's got to come in.

Tough on Lohmann but he's probably the most likely to go out.

I would HATE it if Fletcher went out.

That boy has some serious ability

I’m not sure Fletcher is a best 22 lock the rest of the year but I’ve been so impressed. Probably not ready to influence a game more than for a couple of moments but gee he does some great things.

I'm always nervous when we play the Tigers, one team that I think the Gabba advantage doesn't apply to. Happy with minimal changes, perhaps bring Zorko in as a sub and get him to smash it in the second half. I would love to see Bailey actually land just one tackle too, that would be amazing!

I don't think Lohmann keeps his spot next week against the Tigers even if Zorko is still unavailable.

Dev looked like he was mostly forward last night.
I will have to watch more closely when viewing the replay.
If so, he is in danger of losing his position next week too. A bit harsh on Dev but a possibility.

My very early thoughts against an improving Tigers side.
Out: Lohmann - In: Fullarton (but most likely Fort)
Out: Dev - In: Zorko

Sub: No preference. Anyone is fine.

If we get a good win and perform very well as a unit against an in form Tigers I can not see how Rich and Gunston find a way back into the side as Fages recent chatter seems to suggest, they both do not defend well enough.

We also play the Eagles at home the following week so that should be a walk in the park for a 10+ goal win.

The 2 players best regarded of those not presently in the team are Ah Chee and Tunstill. Ah Chee has had quad problems but if he's right he'll replace Fletcher at some point. They're a big wrap for Tunstill as a LT mid and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game before the years out.

For this week Kai struggles to hold his spot if Zorko is fit. Otherwise I don't think there'll be any changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only other one whose place could be under threat is Kiddy who gets shown up for pace from time to time. I'm no real wrap for Madden but the mail is that his disposal is improving and they could pull the gun on that unless Kiddy gets back to his best form.

The only other one whose place could be under threat is Kiddy who gets shown up for pace from time to time. I'm no real wrap for Madden but the mail is that his disposal is improving and they could pull the gun on that unless Kiddy gets back to his best form.

Lester was exposed for pace a few times last night. Might get Dusty next week

I feel that Kiddie is playing the Rich position at the moment he’s kicking Is elite sure he’s slow but so is Rich

I don't think Lohmann keeps his spot next week against the Tigers even if Zorko is still unavailable.

Dev looked like he was mostly forward last night.
I will have to watch more closely when viewing the replay.
If so, he is in danger of losing his position next week too. A bit harsh on Dev but a possibility.

My very early thoughts against an improving Tigers side.
Out: Lohmann - In: Fullarton (but most likely Fort)
Out: Dev - In: Zorko
Sub: No preference. Anyone is fine.
Dev was definitely forward a lot. We were behind the goals and at centre bounces we would mostly start with a small in the goal square (the two talls about 10-30 in the middle) and then the other forwards all on the 50. Dev was sitting in the goal square a lot. It was a weird choice as I'd prefer him running into the middle over the other forwards

Dev was definitely forward a lot. We were behind the goals and at centre bounces we would mostly start with a small in the goal square (the two talls about 10-30 in the middle) and then the other forwards all on the 50. Dev was sitting in the goal square a lot. It was a weird choice as I'd prefer him running into the middle over the other forwards

It was a defensive job on Wilkie in the first half I think. Wilkie didn't really have a huge influence but wouldn't say it was particularly because of Dev's job.

It will be a tough drop given he was given a very negative role to do - I think zorko for lohmann makes more sense. More complicated is whether they want to persist with 2 talls or if that was a saints specific thing.

Something tells me kiddy is not as slow as he looks. Just has that gliding gazelle running action but you barely ever see him get out run
Agree, he can find something when he needs to, gets to plenty of spoils and intercepts with a late surge.

If we get a good win and perform very well as a unit against an in form Tigers I can not see how Rich and Gunston find a way back into the side as Fages recent chatter seems to suggest, they both do not defend well enough.

We also play the Eagles at home the following week so that should be a walk in the park for a 10+ goal win.
Mate, if we don't get a 30 goal win, Fagan has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back