Preview Changes for Rd 11 v Essendon

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
I will not deny that Ryan has been underwhelming in the season thus far - however he has been a slow starter in his last two seasons as well:

Ryan-before-after-bye.jpg

The season doesn't start for Liam until June comes along.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
I will not deny that Ryan has been underwhelming in the season thus far - however he has been a slow starter in his last two seasons as well:

View attachment 1139558

The season doesn't start for Liam until June comes along.

So a quiet night on Saturday then. But watch out the Blues?

Just on Yeo - I know headlines in The West don’t always tell the full story but......if correct this will mean two people on restricted minutes - Yeo & NN.

Our runners gunna get tired either in a game or via accumulated fatigue.
IMG_0188.JPG

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast

Just on Yeo - I know headlines in The West don’t always tell the full story but......if correct this will mean two people on restricted minutes - Yeo & NN.

Our runners gunna get tired either in a game or via accumulated fatigue. View attachment 1139624

It actually means 3 people as williams will only play about 50% but it may even be more with ryan and hurn possibly on reduced mins as well… no wonder we get oher run

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It actually means 3 people as williams will only play about 50% but it may even be more with ryan and hurn possibly on reduced mins as well… no wonder we get oher run

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Assuming Allen plays back to replace Edwards, no Allen or Waterman up forward probably results in Williams spending a lot more time there.

Goosecat

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2006
Mandurah
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheed 10 tackles this year
He's no tackling machine but he's more than doubled his career average so far this season. It's an improvement, and that's a good thing.
Of course plenty of midfielders don't tackle a lot but when you have a low base history it's easy for people to get slack and just fall back on that history rather than actually knowing what's going on.
A few midfielders who tackle less per game this year: Bolton, Cotchin, Coniglio, Cerra, Duggan, Langdon, Brayshaw, Dale, Menegola, Hoskin-Elliot, Poulter, Sier, Whitfield, and on and on it goes.
He'll never be a tackling machine, but he's vastly improved this year in reality and currently doing more than some other handy midfielders around the comp. Numbers may drop a bit with Yeo coming back but that's not necessarily bad.
It all depends on what the organisation (coach) wants and if you provide it. He's certainly struggled defensively over his AFL journey but he's improved this season and that's what coaches like to see.

Last edited:

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Marsder couldn't break a tackle to save his life last week. Nelson levels of tackle breaking.

I'm tipping this week he'll come out with a Shake and Bake with the Elvis hips, put on a shimmy and makes the oppo go left but it was so right.

If he doesn't, Simmo will drop him.
Will that be the fire starter?

From wherever you are watching around the planet!

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC

Our runners gunna get tired either in a game or via accumulated fatigue. View attachment 1139624
Yeos minutes will likely be in the midfield though so it helps us out instead of relying only on 3 players.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He's no tackling machine but he's more than doubled his career average so far this season. It's an improvement, and that's a good thing.
Of course plenty of midfielders don't tackle a lot but when you have a low base history it's easy for people to get slack and just fall back on that history rather than actually knowing what's going on.
A few midfielders who tackle less per game this year: Bolton, Cotchin, Coniglio, Cerra, Duggan, Langdon, Brayshaw, Dale, Menegola, Hoskin-Elliot, Poulter, Sier, Whitfield, and on and on it goes.
He'll never be a tackling machine, buy he's vastly improved this year in reality and currently doing more than some other handy midfielders around the comp. Numbers may drop a bit with Yeo coming back but that's not necessarily bad.
It all depends on what the organisation (coach) wants and if you provide it. He's certainly struggled defensively over his AFL journey but he's improved this season and that's what coaches like to see.
I’m glad he tackles more than Ed Langdon!

My comment was tongue in cheek. He tackles a bit but my major issue with Sheed is not that he doesn’t tackle but that his tackles are more like the awkward hug you give your second auntie at Christmas

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Please coaching team, don’t just bring Hutchings back into the team. Be brave and use the next 4-6 weeks with-out Shuey/Kelly and a 70% Yeo to see what Trew, Edwards and O’Neill can potentially be. Give them the opportunity to be the players we drafted them for, midfielders, not half forward/half back flankers. We play Blues (50%) / Tigers (Loss) / Dogs (Loss) / Swans (50%) / North (Win) all before we are likely to get Shuey/Kelly/Gov back into the team. Lets see what the kids can do, tell them they won’t be dropped, simplify their roles, fast track their development and who knows what we might find.

Back