Discussion Changes for Round 22 (Essendon at TD, Sunday Twilight)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mini has been in great form and I do agree Birss played great. But Seriously people, while raph clarke is in the team, he will always be first to go. How to you spell crap "R A P H"! I'm sick of seeing him play good in casey and then doing nothing but give away free kicks and show us what poor disposals looks like. Maybe he needs to take a leaf out of Mini's book, get delisted, put himself in the draft, get picked by a team, any team it doesn't matter. AND THEN MAN UP AND PLAY SOME GOOD FOOTY WITH THE BIG BOYS NOT THE KIDS IN THE VFL! Go Mini!

You haven't made it out of MiniTown the last two weeks, have you, BigMan ?

(must be tough without TV reception, too)

Oo i'm back. The start of the previous post I was going to talk about the great man Mini but I admit I got a little side tracked.

Going back to that post. Mini since about round 4 have played great footy for casey and then as soon as he got the job for the saints hasn't looked back. Last week he was crook! It would be an injustice to drop him coz he had crook guts one week. He has earnt his spot doing some great work on some of the elite midfielders in the comp! Put mini back in the middle and push birss down back or forward and drop Raph, gwilt, eddy or c. garinder.

You haven't made it out of MiniTown the last two weeks, have you, BigMan ?

(must be tough without TV reception, too)

Apart of the Collingwood game, mini has been in awesome form! And if you were a saints supporter or even following and watched a game or two you would know that as a tagger, its not about your possessions its about how many the other gets and while minis been running around, they ahven't been getting much.

I wasn't referring to McQualter...

Edit: learn to type quicker and stop chatting away when you should type...

Oh.. thanks Armitage2Riewolt. Take 2 then.

So raph kicks a goal against freo and hes the worlds best player! Hrmmm so let me get this straight. One person has to get dropped and its between Mini Raph and Birss. Raph will get a spot next week? God please tell me that no one on this board actually has any influence in picking the team.

Big Man - clearly we aren't selectors as I don't think anyone worked out why Armo was taken to Perth which didn't suit him and then not played against Collingwood at the 'G when the conditions were perfect for him.

Agree on Mini, but there's team structure too. Both Mini and Birss have done their jobs when asked.

I thought Raph was good against Freo, but not that great against Adelaide. But I am in the minority here, and he did have 19 touches as a half forward which is (at face value) pretty solid.

Mini, Birss, X - all deserving of a game. But Raph and Chucky have the height which we have lacked. It showed that we need that extra tall forward. I would argue we only need one of them, but then Bally and X are queuing up for a game.

Will wait with interest for the team.

Ball unlikely for Bombers clash

Injured St Kilda midfielder Luke Ball is unlikely to return to the Saints’ line-up for this week’s clash against Essendon.
Coach Ross Lyon said he was in the mix for selection, but the club was likely to take a conservative approach.
“He’ll go through the process but he’s more unlikely than likely at this stage. He’s running pretty strongly but I’ll wait until the end of the week (to decide),” Lyon said.
Ball has not played since injuring his hamstring against Port Adelaide in round 18 and Lyon would not speculate if he would be fit for the first week of the finals.
“(He’ll play) when he’s fit and available - we think he’s going to be very close this week. He’s more unlikely than likely but there is still a chance he’ll play. We’ll go through the week and when we sit down next week we’ll talk about next week,” he said.
The Saints coach was hesitant to look too far ahead, pointing out that their opponents would be keen to give a big send-off for Adam Ramanauskas, Jason Johnson, Damien Peverill and Mal Michael.
“We’re firmly focussed on round 22 and the Essendon Football Club. It’s their tribute to a couple of favourite sons – premiership players that have been magnificent contributors in an incredible team from ’99 to ’01.”
The boot is on the other foot for the Saints, who last week rode the emotion of the Robert Harvey testimonial match to demolish Adelaide. Lyon said while the Bombers would be motivated to win for their departing stars, emotion counts for little in the professional world of AFL.
“In our first 30 minutes (last week) the emotion of Robert Harvey didn’t mean much. We were behind by 24 points at one stage and it highlights that you’ve got to focus on the basics. You have to control what you can control,” Lyon said.
“We’re playing an opponent that dug themselves out of a big hole early in the year. They’ve been playing some exciting football and we know they’re more than capable of kicking over 100 points.
“They’ve been winning the contested ball, tackling their opposition. We know they’re playing with plenty of spirit. There’s a strong view that (Dustin) Fletcher will get up and (Matthew) Lloyd is doing what (Nick) Riewoldt’s doing in leading from the front and dragging the young players up.”
Lyon said that while the Bombers were beset by injury, they were not to be taken lightly.
“Out of the team we played earlier in the year there is going to be 14 or 15 players. The numbers on the injury front are large but a lot of them are their youth and out of their first selection there’s maybe only four or five. We’re under no illusions there’s a stack of talent in their team.”

news just in guys.... essendon are holding try outs on thursday to fill the remaining 3 spots in their team for sundays game!!!! so if anyone interested call essendon football club on (03) 9230 0335
Try outs?
We play Laycock top 22, we take anyone.:thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda
B: Sean Dempster, Sam Fisher, Jason Gram
HB: Brendon Goddard, Max Hudghton, Jason Blake
C: Sam Gilbert, Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes
HF: Robert Harvey, Nick Riewoldt, Robert Eddy
F: Clint Jones, Justin Koschitzke, Adam Schneider
Foll: Steven King, Shane Birss, Leigh Montagna
I/C (from): Stephen Milne, James Gwilt, Charlie Gardiner, David Armitage, Aaron Fiora, Raphael Clarke, Jarryd Allen

In: Fiora, Allen, Armitage
Out: -

Essendon
B: Henry Slattery, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Mark McVeigh
HB: Jay Nash, Patrick Ryder, Damien Peverill
C: Ricky Dyson, Jobe Watson, Andrew Lovett
HF: Jason Johnson, Matthew Lloyd, Angus Monfries
F: Sam Lonergan, Mal Michael, Adam Ramanauskas
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Brent Stanton
I/C (from): Jarrod Atkinson, Danny Chartres, Cale Hooker, Leroy Jetta, Rhys Magin, Kyle Reimers, John Williams

In: Atkinson, Chartres, Jetta, Reimers, Williams
Out: Adam McPhee (ankle), Andrew Welsh (hamstring)

New: Danny Chartres (Peel Thunder/rookie list), John Williams (Morningside)

Essendon have a very inexperienced side. All to reminiscent of the WC game....

Why no X-Man? Dissappointing. Come to think of it though, I'm glad Ball wasn't rushed back so he's primed for finals.

From that bench I'd like to see: Milne, Gwilt, Armitage, Allen/Raph

I think the selection panel wanted no change, and wanted to assure X Clarke he'd play somewhere this week. Last week's emergencies were Birss (who played as McQualter was sick), X Clarke and Allen. Only Allen was retained as an emergency, as he played for Casey last week. X Clarke and McQualter have been replaced in the 25 by David Armitage and Aaron Fiora.

Changes :

In : Matthew "Whispers" Head
Out : Ray "Lord Vader" Chamberlain

As Firitto says (borrowing one of the great Monty Python lines) "I spit in your general direction"
main.php

And wasn't Steve McBurney in good form last week calling 25m kicks play on early in the game, and then allowing kicks which would have been 11m at best later on. Just ask the players (how did Bally get out there???):

57543975.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back