Preview Changes for Round 6 v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

So do we have our training loads wrong or something? Not sure how else you can explain two players doing hammys at training

I don’t train at all, which is 100% protection against hammy or any soft tissue injuries.

Edit - I will refrain from any further consecutive posts in fear that I am mistaken for the Bulldog Legend.

Sucks that Tim is out.. but just hear me out..

We have a genuine tap ruckman in. Who will maybe ruck 60% of the game. Great for our mids.

Then we have Schache forward (second ruck) with Naughts and Jamarra then as the third tall.

Cordy stays down back which then allows O’Brien third tall.

I don’t hate it..

So do we have our training loads wrong or something? Not sure how else you can explain two players doing hammys at training

Nah it's not the training loads. Basically we had to let go some of our physio team due to soft cap constraints, so Bevo has been giving the boys all their hammy massages. Unfortunately he can be a bit rough sometimes.

Nah it's not the training loads. Basically we had to let go some of our physio team due to soft cap constraints, so Bevo has been giving the boys all their hammy massages. Unfortunately he can be a bit rough sometimes.

Every time I read your posts Scrag, I get halfway, I think you’re being serious.. and then BANG.

Wallis' mother-in-law was hit by a car on Monday and killed I'm told, so that is the reason he is out... His wife is due very soon too.

Wallis stiff I reckon, thought he'd keep his spot but not even in the emergencies. Maybe they didn't want to use him as a sub again to give him full minutes in the VFL.

Edit: just saw he's out for personal reasons, I think he's got a baby due?

Gee whiz out depth is looking thin. Suddenly we have talls galore but barring Naughton and Gardy they’re all pretty suspect. Big question marks on Cordy, Martin, Schache and JUH. Let’s hope a few of them can stand up and be counted. My bet’s on swing man Schack

Sucks that Tim is out.. but just hear me out..

We have a genuine tap ruckman in. Who will maybe ruck 60% of the game. Great for our mids.

Then we have Schache forward (second ruck) with Naughts and Jamarra then as the third tall.

Cordy stays down back which then allows O’Brien third tall.

I don’t hate it..
Yeah this is what I was getting at before - it’s the most traditional structure we’ve played in that long - will be interesting to see how we go with it. Unfortunately Martin & Schache offer zero marking to go with a backline of Cordy & Gards who offer zero marking & Jamarra who at this point in time offers zero marking. So whilst we’ve got the talls we don’t exactly have a lot of marking power unfortunately.

If the traditional tall structure stands up over the next few weeks without English it’ll say a LOT tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz out depth is looking thin. Suddenly we have talls galore but barring Naughton and Gardy they’re all pretty suspect. Big question marks on Cordy, Martin, Schache and JUH. Let’s hope a few of them can stand up and be counted. My bet’s on swing man Schack
13 blokes on the injury list or unavailable due to personal reasons will do that

Stef Martin didn't look that fit pre-season but he seem to have has racked up a few touches in the vfl. At least two 20+ disposal games, surely he can be covering the ground that badly!
He’s been covering the ground really well to be honest, looks easily as fit and healthy as he did early last year imo and he was up to the standard then so I think he’ll go okay. Even got up for a few good contested marks last week - I just hope we don’t break him down by trying to ruck him one out - ideally I think I’d be going both Martin & Sweet whilst Timmy’s out

He’s been covering the ground really well to be honest, looks easily as fit and healthy as he did early last year imo and he was up to the standard then so I think he’ll go okay. Even got up for a few good contested marks last week - I just hope we don’t break him down by trying to ruck him one out - ideally I think I’d be going both Martin & Sweet whilst Timmy’s out
I suspect Schache is gonna be in for one of those games where he gets thrown around a bit, ruck, forward, back, wherever needed at the time.

Schache did a good job on Walker last year. Could really free up O’Brien which would be handy.
The only positive I can take out of this is that. Martin can’t run out a full game by himself in the ruck so we’ve been forced to play a more conventional structure. 3 tall forwards, 3 tall defenders and a ruckman. We’re missing 3 of our best 4 KPP but I’m excited to see a proper structure all over the ground.

Stef Martin didn't look that fit pre-season but he seems to have has racked up a few touches in the vfl. At least two 20+ disposal games, surely he can't be covering the ground that badly!

If you go by the Adelaide board Riley O'Brien is in career-worst form. Not bad news for us.

The only positive I can take out of this is that. Martin can’t run out a full game by himself in the ruck so we’ve been forced to play a more conventional structure. 3 tall forwards, 3 tall defenders and a ruckman. We’re missing 3 of our best 4 KPP but I’m excited to see a proper structure all over the ground.
And a more traditional ruck at that, going to be very interesting to see how our midfield performs

And a more traditional ruck at that, going to be very interesting to see how our midfield performs
I hope Stef goes well. He's been looking quite good in the VFL, moving freely and having a considerable impact on games. He hasn't looked totally cooked body wise so hopefully he can do his job and hold down the fort for a couple of weeks if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back