Prediction Changes for Round 8 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that, which is good. Rest the big fella for the tail end games going into the bye.
So only change will be Adams. Would love to see Wells get a run on Saturday. But more than likely will be Aish or Wills.
Yes a rest for Coxy is a good thing, make sure he is cherry ripe when he returns.

Most likely Aish although I would like to see Wills get a run with on Cripps - if he can limit him to an ordinary game with reduced impact then we know he has a future in the game at the highest level.

Chris Mayne putting his hand up for selection if he trains strongly tomorrow. Does he come straight back into the seniors onto a wing to allow Sidebottom to replace Adams in the middle?
That would probably be the most likely solution.

Whilst hate is a strong word, I dislike Robinson.
Simply because I don’t respect him.

He slurs, looks like an unkept bed, has no original thoughts, and isn’t good at what he does. Does not come across as professional and with decency lacking.
That and he has a lower thresh hold of integrity.

He likes dogs, so at least that’s a tick.

Yes Saintly but he likes them lightly sauteed :screamcat:

Anybody speculating about more than one change will be wrong, imo
That’s my feeling.
One change for Adams.

(Two would be the maximum assuming no more injuries till tomorrow.)

My guess now is:
In: Mayne, Aish
Out: Adams, Greenwood

I just think since last year Aish has been an auto in for the selectors.
This is such a tough one now, before it was likely Wills for Adams, but now you have to assess if either or both of Mayne and Aish are ready to go or need a run in the magoos to get the miles in the legs. Mayne has been out over a month if you don't count the game he lasted 2 mins. Aish only missed a couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95% of footy interviews are a complete waste of time. Even if the interviewer is great (which they never are) players are usually not the most interesting blokes around if you want to discuss a topic outside of footy, and they give highly prepared nothing answers to footy related questions.

We tune in because we are footy heads, but there is very rarely anything worth listening to.

It's rare but given that most the footy questions asked are predictable it allows them to prepare with media managers, a bit of journos doing some home work and throwing deeper footy related questions can sometimes catch players/coaches out and sometimes we get some gems out of them. In the past ive seen quality from Clarkson, C.Scott, J.Roughead (hawks) etc, in winning years give more insights then the straight bat answers a-typical.

I'd certainly rather them try ask new footy related questions then watch them all ask the same more personal diatribe that's been answered repeatedly.

Injured his calf as reported yesterday I believe. The Age suggested is was a toe injury which is I think is incorrect
Nope. It’s a toe injury. He should be available to play this week though provided he passes his fitness test according to Walsh’s injury report.

In : Aish & Varcoe
Out : Adams & Greenwood

Wouldn't surprise to see Callum Brown dropped but I hope not

What's happening with Daicos ? I haven't been paying any attention to the reserves
Daicos has been average and good in patches in 2s, Rupert has been consistently in best and Wells is pushing.

Last edited:
Nope. It’s a toe injury. He should be available to play this week though provided he passes his fitness test according to Walsh’s injury report.
Fortunately they’d never be porkies told by a club pronouncement.

You boys reckon you'll bring Sier in straight up?

(Also not asking for flog AFL Fantasy purposes)

Nah, they are not happy with something about him, he's not at his 2018 form and is not having much impact at 2nds level before he was out. He's going to have to prove himself worthy of selection again, no matter how handy an inclusion he looks on paper there's been all sorts of issues with him this year.

You boys reckon you'll bring Sier in straight up?

(Also not asking for flog AFL Fantasy purposes)
If ready he’ll run through the twos first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back