Prediction Changes for the Dogs - Reid, Daicos & Greenwood in for Wells, Fasolo & Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Greenwoods coming in to tag Macrae..

Isn't about Murrays kicking, it's his defending.

It said coughing it up re Murray.

Do you think Greenwood is fit enough to run with Macrae?

It said coughing it up re Murray.

Do you think Greenwood is fit enough to run with Macrae?
He doesn't cough it up as much as his defensive side is lacking. He was caught out a few times deliberately by the Saints mids entering 50.

Greenwood is one of the most professional players at the club. He's more than fit enough.

He doesn't cough it up as much as his defensive side is lacking. He was caught out a few times deliberately by the Saints mids entering 50.

Greenwood is one of the most professional players at the club. He's more than fit enough.

Greenwood was playing in defense in the VFL so I assume it will be the same in the AFL.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

If Greenwood comes in for Macrae then we will need to push out one of Treloar / Sidey to the wing. No Mayne required.

Perfect. Greenwood should only play as a tagger/inside mid. This can allow Sidey/Treloar to provide run and carry on the outside. Yes Mayne hasn't been hopeless, but he adds zero in the way of penetration in his play. His disposal efficiency might be ok but it's not at all damaging. Nothing against the bloke, no doubt he's the ultimate pro and team man but we have other options to play wing that will help us get back to our best form.

I'm a fan of us engaging a tagger.

Our midfield is so good and deep. So if you take out the oppositions best midfielder, then it makes our own midfield even more effective.

I'm not sure the Doggies midfield is lacking depth.

But Greenwoods coming in to tag Macrae..

Isn't about Murrays kicking, it's his defending.

Greenwood has been playing HBF and on managed time so I doubt he's ready to slot into a tagging role on a guy like Mcrae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if murray is dropped it will hurt big time, he is very important for structure. Also having all of Treloar, Adams, greenwood and Phillips kicking in one team is just yuck. Will not be happy with a Murray for Greenwood swap.

Interesting game this week. Must win game for the Doggies if they are to compete for finals 4 and 6 is very difficult to come back from. Same for the pies in many respects. 5 and 5 would not be terrible but 6 and 4 would be fantastic. A few of the teams above us start to play each other in the coming weeks so is we can get a couple more wins before our bye we could be sitting 5th or 6th which would be a great result.
Is certainly a danger game, selection will be very interesting with Fas and Wells going out for sure and a few youngsters knocking the door down for an opportunity its difficult to know what the ins will be.
If it was up to me I'd keep it with 2 out and 2 in.
Out - Fas and Wells
In - Ried and Daicos

I'd be ok if Murray was rested if they think he needs it. Has certainly slowed down on early form so a week or 2 in the twos to work on parts of his game and to get some confidence back would be fine. I've been frustrated by Adams as well but I think we should stick fat with him for now as his pressure acts are elite just need to get more players running past him for the handball. Hoping Maynard can get back in soon I was expecting a break out year from him this year. I'd also be ok with Sier and mclarty getting blooded sometime soon as I'm excited to hear there VFL form has been very good.

Is it just me or does it not feel like we are sitting 10th atm. A lot of posativity around us atm. I think we are positioned very nicely.

Think the Dogs will take it right up to us but think we will run over them in the last quarter to win. Pies by 23 points.

I'm tippin the coaches will ask him to back his own game, he's an outside type and one with uber potential I might add. The main focus from a defensive point of view would be McCrae as my guess.
It was more a bit of fun based on their Collingwood heritage.

Ive been as big a fan of Wells as anyone, clearly when he is in we are a better side, but his whole acquisition and role is turning into a joke.

Im sorry but if you can't get through 3 weeks of AFL football in a row then you need to pick a different profession. For your average joe its not so bad, but when you are on the money he is, you need to be able to be ready to go each week.

"Oh but he is only on around $600'000", correct, however, being ready each week 23 rounds a year turns that pay into $26'000 a game. Buckley has openly said he thinks we will try get 15 rounds out of Wells, thats $40'000 a game.

That means he is relatively on $920'000 for a bloke who is playing 23 rounds a year (or atleast in the mix for 23 rounds).

Now i ask, is his output that of a bloke near $1 million a year? If De Goey walks out for $$$ i know which acquisition I'll be blaming.

Last edited:
Ive been as big a fan of Wells as anyone, clearly when he is in we are a better side, but his whole acquisition and role is turning into a joke.

Im sorry but if you can't get through 2 weeks of AFL football in a row then you need to pick a different profession. For your average joe its not so bad, but when you are on the money he is, you need to be able to be ready to go each week.

"Oh but he is only on around $600'000", correct, however, being ready each week 23 rounds a year turns that pay into $26'000 a game. Buckley has openly said he thinks we will try get 15 rounds out of Wells, thats $40'000 a game.

That means he is relatively on $920'000 for a bloke who is playing 23 rounds a year (or atleast in the mix for 23 rounds).

Now i ask, is his output that of a bloke near $1 million a year? If De Goey walks out for $$$ i know which acquisition I'll be blaming.

The whole idea is to trade/delist one trick ponies.. god if I was in charge of this list.. players that are interchangeable.. attacks coming from left right and centre.

Sign Lynch:

Elliot Lynch WHE
De Goey Moore Stephenson

That looks more like the forward line i have been an advocate of for yrs re. Goal scoring and creative.. can run the wings when needed.. X factor.. defend when needed etc. No need for a defensive forward. The concept is a vlakia.

Greenwood.. no contract please!!!

Last edited:

Im sorry but if you can't get through 3 weeks of AFL football in a row then you need to pick a different profession. For your average joe its not so bad, but when you are on the money he is, you need to be able to be ready to go each week.

Im not exactly sure how you’ve figured out hes on the equivalent of near a million a year. When that is 100% not what he makes, so im not sure how your point is even relevant. Creative thinking though

Bullshit. We'd all be thinking, why the hell did we recruit an injury prone, out of shape 33 year old?

There's nothing to say a rest this week will even help anyway, there's not consistency to the nature or reasoning of Wells' injuries, he just consistently gets injured. Conditioning is probably one part of it, which to me is the main reason they are doing it - they've acknowledged he isn't fit enough (as evidenced clearly in the Geelong game) so they are trying to get more fitness work into him as Buckley said.
But if he comes out and hurts his calf in the first 5 minutes of the round after his rest, then what?

I get what you’re saying. But I do think a week off is likely to help him lower the chances of injuring himself. Afl is a brutal game and a lot of a week is spent in recovery. Damn, if I’m at the gym nowadays it takes me longer to recover than when I was in my 20s.

If he comes out an hurts his calf in the first 5 minutes of he round after his rest then it was a mistake to recruit him.

Bang on.

Club is damned no matter what’s they do according to so many on these boards.

They should never have played an old injury prone Reid against the Tigers after ANZAC day....but then they manage an old injury prone Wells and they are idiots.

People rage when they persist in bringing stars like Elliott back through VFL...but Elliott goes and re-injures himself anyway.

Smart to give Wells a game off considering it is consecutive six day breaks...and as Bucks said, we are trying to create a deep squad...so hopefully give Sier or Daicos a chance!

Spot on Doppler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back