Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 v Collingwood (Big Freeze 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you’ll get to play us with all of DeGoey, Sidebottom, Elliott (and Howe) missing from our best 22, and possibly Josh Daicos who is sick and hasn’t trained all week. That’s a lot of inside-50 delivery and goal-kicking firepower missing.

Despite winning, we have been misfiring for a couple of months, struggling to play more than 1-2 really good quarters per game. We’ve been doing just enough to win but are miles off the level of say Port Adelaide at the moment.

It’s all set up for you to knock us off on Monday, even without Oliver.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like you’ll get to play us with all of DeGoey, Sidebottom, Elliott (and Howe) missing from our best 22, and possibly Josh Daicos who is sick and hasn’t trained all week. That’s a lot of inside-50 delivery and goal-kicking firepower missing.

Despite winning, we have been misfiring for a couple of months, struggling to play more than 1-2 really good quarters per game. We’ve been doing just enough to win but are miles off the level of say Port Adelaide at the moment.

How to have a whinge without being obvious.

Hopefully we fall over the line in an uninspiring affair and nobody is happy.

I agree it's a built up excuse but the negativity is very much like most of our board.

Do it on your own board then lol don't come here to tell us you're a shell of a side who should lose easily because of AlL tHe InJuRiEs

How to have a whinge without being obvious.

Just engaging in some friendly pre-game discussion and offering thoughts on how we’re positioned, heading into the big game. Not allowed?

As i see it, the respective absences of DeGoey and Oliver offset each other but my hopes will take a big hit if Josh Daicos is out, as it compounds the absence of Sidebottom - they’re our two first-choice wings. Josh is one of our very best at delivering the ball into F50 and is such an important player for us but mostly flies under the radar because of the usual focus on his younger brother and DeGoey.

Beyond that, I’m really hoping to see Grundy tap the ball to Collingwood players, which is something he seemed incapable of when he actually played for us. A quiet game from Kozi Pickett would make me very happy too. He’s the type to kill us.

Anyway, good luck to you all on Monday. (But not too much.)

Nah, goes on another board to tell us how many are out of the team and how we should win
Built in excuse

Soft as

Its exactly what I was talking about last week and why I didnt want DeGoey out, we are on a hiding to nothing this week. Asterisk if we win, no hope of beating them when they get everyone back later in year if we lose.

Saw it coming a mile away.

Just engaging in some friendly pre-game discussion and offering thoughts on how we’re positioned, heading into the big game. Not allowed?

As i see it, the respective absences of DeGoey and Oliver offset each other but my hopes will take a big hit if Josh Daicos is out, as it compounds the absence of Sidebottom - they’re our two first-choice wings. Josh is one of our very best at delivering the ball into F50 and is such an important player for us but mostly flies under the radar because of the usual focus on his younger brother and DeGoey.

Here for friendly discussion, but just making sure I post again about our injuries and how we won't be at our best. You know that right, Collingwood has injuries, you know that right? Injuries? Collingwood players are injured.

INJURIESSSSS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its exactly what I was talking about last week and why I didnt want DeGoey out, we are on a hiding to nothing this week. Asterisk if we win, no hope of beating them when they get everyone back later in year if we lose.

Saw it coming a mile away.
Nah if you buy info oppo fans/media excuses then there’s no point even watching footy. Just check the grand final score every year and determine who was good based off that. Every team has injuries, our list is pretty good and we’re still missing Oliver, Bowey and Petty from the best 22.

Here for friendly discussion, but just making sure I post again about our injuries and how we won't be at our best. You know that right, Collingwood has injuries, you know that right? Injuries? Collingwood players are injured.

INJURIESSSSS

OK, my mistake.

Collingwood heads into the match at full strength and playing the best football anyone has ever seen in the history of AFL football. Melbourne has no chance of winning and might as well not bother turning up.

Better?

Nah if you buy info oppo fans/media excuses then there’s no point even watching footy. Just check the grand final score every year and determine who was good based off that. Every team has injuries, our list is pretty good and we’re still missing Oliver, Bowey and Petty from the best 22.

Im not saying I am, im saying this will be the media and public perception.

Beyond that, I’m really hoping to see Grundy tap the ball to Collingwood players, which is something he seemed incapable of when he actually played for us. A quiet game from Kozi Pickett would make me very happy too. He’s the type to kill us.

Our coach is currently refusing to play forwards who can kick goals in favour of potato types who (try to) play defensive roles in the forward 50, so doesn’t matter who you’ve got out you’re a solid shot at the 4 points.

Our coach is currently refusing to play forwards who can kick goals in favour of potato types who (try to) play defensive roles in the forward 50, so doesn’t matter who you’ve got out you’re a solid shot at the 4 points.

Genuine (hopefully non-inflammatory) question, are you referring to non-selection of Ben Brown, or others?

Genuine (hopefully non-inflammatory) question, are you referring to non-selection of Ben Brown, or others?

He wants Brown to play despite doing nothing in the VFL for weeks.

Brown, Schache, big blokes who can actually present and pluck a few. In favour of a couple of small forwards who struggle to average more than 1.0 goals a game and Joel Smith who’d struggle to produce a goal at a Tony Robbins convention.

Also, ignore the bullying from TopKent. He grows a set sitting in his Mum’s basement but he’s largely harmless. You’re welcome here. 👊🏼

Without engaging too much in the pity party, and while I agree the Pies may have some important outs....

The Dees are missing their current BnF, AA, AFLCA Champion player who attends 6 more centre bounces per game than the next listed mid. I get that from a Collingwood perspective you might say 'De Goey's a good player, so is Oliver, so it's even' but it's simply not the reality in terms of importance and impact overall to the team. Collingwood have a far more balanced 22 from an impact perspective than Melbourne do. The gap between the impact of Melbourne's best players and their role players is massive compared to what it is for Collingwood.

Just to use CBAs as a highlight - the gap between Collingwood's number 1 CBA player and their 7th is 11. The gap for Melbourne is 17.

Melbourne's also missing Petty, which means they're forced to use Tomlinson in the backline, or if Petty was to play forward, the Dees will be replacing him with Joel Smith in the forward line (along side a 20 year old, 10-gamer). This also highlights the gap of talent there - one player out and all of a sudden we're turning to VFL players.

As for your Grundy comments, they're clearly just the laments of an ex. I'm sure you weren't complaining when he was collecting AAs and Copeland's. Fact is, Grundy has been rated as 'Elite' for hitouts to advantage in 3 out of the 7 seasons where he attended enough contests to be rated. Aside from that, twice rated as 'Above Average' and twice as 'Average'. It is interesting how these narratives develop once a player leaves a team though.

Anyway, this game will be decided by goal kicking accuracy IMO, pretty evenly match statistically everywhere else, and that was the story last time the two teams played. Collingwood have all of their top 6 average goal scores playing, and all of their top 6 goal accuracy players playing. In contrast, Dees are missing two of their top 6 average goal scorers, and two of their top 6 goal accuracy players.

So in summary, sure, put in however many disclaimers you need to to make you think you're the underdog, but it's not reality.

Brown, Schache, big blokes who can actually present and pluck a few. In favour of a couple of small forwards who struggle to average more than 1.0 goals a game and Joel Smith who’d struggle to produce a goal at a Tony Robbins convention.

Also, ignore the bullying from TopKent. He grows a set sitting in his Mum’s basement but he’s largely harmless. You’re welcome here. 👊🏼
Your insults are about as good as your team selections champ

Melbourne's also missing Petty, which means they're forced to use Tomlinson in the backline, or if Petty was to play forward, the Dees will be replacing him with Joel Smith in the forward line (along side a 20 year old, 10-gamer). This also highlights the gap of talent there - one player out and all of a sudden we're turning to VFL players.

Anyway, this game will be decided by goal kicking accuracy IMO

Not quite. Accuracy important, quantity of sausage rolls more so.

But thanks for finally acknowledging and backing up my assessment of Smith. Could’ve just said so from the start and spared the forum 15 posts of heart ache.

Not quite. Accuracy important, quantity of sausage rolls more so.

But thanks for finally acknowledging and backing up my assessment of Smith. Could’ve just said so from the start and spared the forum 15 posts of heart ache.

When you're more accurate, you kick more goals...

Derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back