Preview Changes: R19 v Carlton

Ins & Outs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still not convinced it's fitness, I mean in the 3 weeks prior to the bye we ran all over teams.

Speed and defensive set-ups are what's missing. Even guys like Milera and Smith who are speedy types with great kicks just don't defend.

I'm still not convinced it's fitness, I mean in the 3 weeks prior to the bye we ran all over teams.

Speed and defensive set-ups are what's missing. Even guys like Milera and Smith who are speedy types with great kicks just don't defend.

Something definitely happened around the time of the bye.

My guess is we upped the training loads significantly. It's worth noting that we copped a bunch of training-related injuries at around that time (some of them are still out injured). They also mentioned in the week of the GC game about having their longest training session for the year. The old Neil Craig finals training ramp up special.

My guess is we upped the training loads significantly. It's worth noting that we copped a bunch of training-related injuries at around that time (some of them are still out injured). They also mentioned in the week of the GC game about having their longest training session for the year. The old Neil Craig finals training ramp up special.
.... then miss finals would look great.

Surely even more reason to rotate players rather than stick with the same players incapable of running out 4 quarters.

I still don’t understand why we play 3 KPDs against every side. Well, except for the Melbourne game where we replaced Harto with David ******* Mackay. fu** wits.
Next year we play Doedee instead of Harto and our defence is the least of our issues

We desperately need more spark and pressure forward - Mchenry a fitter Stengle and McAdam and Jones rotating mid/ forward

We really need Harrison Himmelberg , but will have to rely on Fog getting proper fit

Can the young blokes get fit and demand selection and actually get picked ... lots of ifs but we can improve given our young talent

I’ll say it again - if we get a live trade offer for 2-3 early picks for our pick 2 or 3 we should take it and end up with a classy or speedy half back ( Young or Ash) , a gun key position like mcasey and a local lad like Day , Gould or Stephens

You do realise why Carlton are bottom 4 right? Because we had a club wide vote which was in almost unanimous agreement that we would rather be bottom for 3-4 years then be a powerhouse over being middle table. Like the crows fans love to be.

We want flags, not gloating over getting smacked in the one Grand Final for 20 years then back to middle table
So you've opted to gloat about your one grand final back in 1999 and 20 years of bottom of the table strategy instead?

Next year we play Doedee instead of Harto and our defence is the least of our issues

We desperately need more spark and pressure forward - Mchenry a fitter Stengle and McAdam and Jones rotating mid/ forward

We really need Harrison Himmelberg , but will have to rely on Fog getting proper fit

Can the young blokes get fit and demand selection and actually get picked ... lots of ifs but we can improve given our young talent

I’ll say it again - if we get a live trade offer for 2-3 early picks for our pick 2 or 3 we should take it and end up with a classy or speedy half back ( Young or Ash) , a gun key position like mcasey and a local lad like Day , Gould or Stephens
To play SANFL?

Do you think we’d make that many changes to our “best 22”?

And we are still 8th...must be the raw talent overcoming the lack of running
Yep, I'm am far from doom and gloom.

However our selection is ridiculously s**t.
We have so much talent not playing.

We have done it with Gibbs but it's too safe.
Bring in speed and aggression.

Will see a marked improvement.

Hopefully not too late

I want Doedee to play in the midfield. He has pace and he has size and he is a competitive beast. He adds something different we don't currently have.

If the club actually did that then they're imbeciles.

Our whole season hedged on that four game run (Port, GC, Essendon and Carlton), if the club put those wins in jeopardy due to overtraining then they're stupider than I thought.

I want Doedee to play in the midfield. He has pace and he has size and he is a competitive beast. He adds something different we don't currently have.
Agree. Was thinking the same thing last year. Can play midfield if we have different coaches.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on Twitter.

Don has backed these lazy pricks enough.
That's effort.

In people who give a stuff
Out lazy pricks

Inb4 Tex "I will NEVER question our effort!!!!"
So last year we f’ed up our season by brutalizing the players in the pre season..

Has the reaction to that been to do completely the opposite?

Last in the league for key fitness measures, and constantly getting blown away in second halves..
Wow.

Burton and Haas are doing about as well here as they did at Brisbane.
I would be more interested in comparing that data with the data from our club over the last 4-5 years than as a comparison to other clubs initially

I suggested this for a long time after we drafted him ....to suggest I didn't get a lot of support is an understatement ....but I agree, but unlikely in 2020 after coming back from a knee ....lets hope his knee doesn't affect his athleticism, like Walker and Otten

I agree ....but these changes will require "tough" calls to be made & I doubt that'll be done

Hopefully Fog and Himmelberg take the opportunity next season ....and I'm very keen on McAdam & Jones

I would be more interested in comparing that data with the data from our club over the last 4-5 years than as a comparison to other clubs initially
Distance at speed and repeat sprints is all effort.

1st metric would be okay so low if those two I mentioned were high.

Would interesting to see second half stats that's where we are clearly struggling.

No.. I'm equating the level of abuse aimed at those players.

You reckon 14 gets the same amount of abuse as 13?

I've never heard 14 mentioned by any footy commentator (outside of gameday), compared to the vitriol 13 has copped from footy "journalists" and opposition supporters.

14 cops it on here but players wouldn't be reading BF, they cant escape mainstream media as easily.

I've never heard 14 mentioned by any footy commentator (outside of gameday), compared to the vitriol 13 has copped from footy "journalists" and opposition supporters.

14 cops it on here but players wouldn't be reading BF, they cant escape mainstream media as easily.
Very very very few players would even know if BF and yes mainstream media they couldn't escape

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you only listened to footy commentators you'd think 14 is an integral part of our team. People like Bruce actually really talk him up and consider his mistakes to be rare or unlike him.

Back