Preview Changes: R20 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Little bit left field....play Berg in the ruck and give ROB a rest. Berg wasn't terrible in there and is a bit more mobile (although ROB's 3 clunkers in last few mins were pretty good). That way we can bring in TT again. Sholl has to go....I'd probably go with Pedlar for him. Cook for Murphy would be another I'd want to see. If Sloane doesn't get up, then Crouch for him, but giving Berry more of a look in the midfield.

I thought Frampton was ok in defence but only ok. Did some good things but also a couple of times showed absolutely no urgency or effort, like disgraceful levels.

Still, I suspect he’ll stay in while they work out if he’s worth persisting with longer term.

I still would like to see Macasey at this level again but clearly he’s not yet doing enough in the twos to justify it.

And trying not to reach the logical conclusion from all that, that right now, Frampton > Macasey😳

Yeah, he is a kid, a lightly built kid, but got those two RS nominations when he was playing with much greater assurance and with excellent delivery. I think he has a big AFL future with the Crows, but his first half vs Hawks was unusually weak, which is why I asked if you think he is injured, or cooked.
His second half was even worse. 3 disposals.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sholl and Berry have to be rested, probably until the end of the season.
Whether TT comes in depends on how he actually is physically/mentally.

I don't care about the rest.
Berry has been super impressive this season, but 16 games as a rookie is a big ask. I'd be happy to give his spot to Pedlar to finish off the year.

Would give both a real good taste as a rookie

Himmelberg should have played up forward ahead of Frampton this year.

That he didn't is a mistake on the part of our coaching staff.

Now we might end up making another mistake (keeping Thilthorpe out of the team so that Himmelberg can get the games he missed out on earlier in the season)

We'd simply be making a second mistake to try to make up for our first mistake

What's more important? Giving Himmelberg a late season string of games? Or getting Thilthorpe to 50 games?

Himmelberg's games are gone. We gave them to Frampton. Can't get them back and certainly shouldn't be taking them away from our franchise player to do so.
We're playing Himmelburg now so that we can maximize any trade value.

We played Frampton at the start of the year because Himmelburg spudded it up in the off season and pre season, and Frampton deserved the spot.

Maybe disagree with whether we should do the first one, but you can't disagree with the 2nd.

I think he has a big AFL future with the Crows, but his first half vs Hawks was unusually weak, which is why I asked if you think he is injured, or cooked.

They're probably the same thing.

He's physically and mentally worn down. Nothing is "broken" but he's a long way below 100%.

I'd give him two weeks off and the rest of the year in the twos. Come back fresh for next year.

We played Frampton at the start of the year because Himmelburg spudded it up in the off season and pre season, and Frampton deserved the spot.

Maybe disagree with whether we should do the first one, but you can't disagree with the 2nd.
Absolutely can disagree with the second one

So the next month goes ok and we get Pick 45 for Himmelberg instead of 65?

Who gives a *

How is that more important than Thilthorpe?

I thought Frampton was ok in defence but only ok. Did some good things but also a couple of times showed absolutely no urgency or effort, like disgraceful levels.

Still, I suspect he’ll stay in while they work out if he’s worth persisting with longer term.

I still would like to see Macasey at this level again but clearly he’s not yet doing enough in the twos to justify it.

And trying not to reach the logical conclusion from all that, that right now, Frampton > Macasey
Frampton always shows effort. It's much more between the ears than any heart he should be showing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of optimistic thinking in "we're playing Himmelberg to maximise any trade value".

We're playing Himmelberg because Frampton is a potato, and we either want to wrap Thilthorpe in cotton wool, or we've dropped him.

Maaaaate, as Deaneus! pointed out, Nicks doesn't make that many changes to a losing side, even if it would be good to mess with Bevo :sneaky: .
I think the most Nicks would do is
Mackay back in for Murphy, and
Berry to sub, Thilthorpe IN and shuffle the deck.
It's my wishes... not what I think will happen. ;)

Himmelberg should have played up forward ahead of Frampton this year.

That he didn't is a mistake on the part of our coaching staff.

Now we might end up making another mistake (keeping Thilthorpe out of the team so that Himmelberg can get the games he missed out on earlier in the season)

We'd simply be making a second mistake to try to make up for our first mistake

What's more important? Giving Himmelberg a late season string of games? Or getting Thilthorpe to 50 games?

Himmelberg's games are gone. We gave them to Frampton. Can't get them back and certainly shouldn't be taking them away from our franchise player to do so.
Drugs what about filthy on the wing in place of sholl who is really struggling atm.
That way both talls can play and we Can use filthys strengths his decision making ability pace for a big man and his movements around the ground. It would also worry the hell out of bevo

Last edited:
Drugs what about filthy on the wing in place of sholl who is really struggling atm.
That way both talls can play and we Can use filthys strengths his decision making ability pace for a big man and his movements around the ground. It would also worry the hell out of bevo
I'd love us to pull something left-field like that

I'd love us to pull something left-field like that

I doubt Thilly could run the clicks required of a wingman. Certainly wouldn't be trusted to or to bring a different skill set to the role that might make us even better. Best just to get someone with a bit of experience running the required patterns, touching the ball a bonus.

I doubt Thilly could run the clicks required of a wingman. Certainly wouldn't be trusted to or to bring a different skill set to the role that might make us even better. Best just to get someone with a bit of experience running the required patterns, touching the ball a bonus.
Would be better than sholl atm though who is horribly out of form

Not sure if it was his first game, but in one game he was in the top 5 on the ground for kms

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back