Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Please help me here. If Sidebottom has a cold or flu which one imagines would be infectious, surely he should not be playing a body contact sport. At least Laird's injury is non contagious. Are some smoke and mirror tactics being played by either or both sides, or do we all think everything is above board and transparent?

why can't he play with the flu?

Despite the small space and proximity, planes were known non-spreaders. Try doing more than just believing every now and again.

View attachment 1674138
Planes are okay when they're in the air. They don't have filtering when on the ground, so air gets shared around very quickly with hundreds on board before take off.

Because most people are not selfish campaigners, and quarantine when they have an illness which may be very harmful for others.

no they don't. Most people still go about their ordinary lives when feeling off. Totally ignorant to the fact that the mild symptoms they have may be disastrous to others.

no they don't. Most people still go about their ordinary lives when feeling off. Totally ignorant to the fact that the mild symptoms they have may be disastrous to others.
Which is very sad. Flu can be dreadful. In bad years, it has caused almost 1/3 as many deaths as COVID. ALthough people don't seem to worry about spreading that either :(

Planes are okay when they're in the air. They don't have filtering when on the ground, so air gets shared around very quickly with hundreds on board before take off.

they can, you don't know that since covid they're not turning it on earlier. Historically, you are probably right, but the plane doesn't need to be moving for the system to be active.

Which is very sad. Flu can be dreadful. In bad years, it has caused almost 1/3 as many deaths as COVID. ALthough people don't seem to worry about spreading that either :(

yep, everyone is responsible for their own safety. If flu coukd kill you, quarantine yourself through the higher risk period. Don't trust society to remove your risk, take responsibility for yourself.

they can, you don't know that since covid they're not turning it on earlier. Historically, you are probably right, but the plane doesn't need to be moving for the system to be active.
Most Australian airlines haven't - You can tell from Carbon Dioxide monitors. Readings of up to 6000 ppm before takeoff, which drop when they turn the system on.

why can't he play with the flu?
I am sure he could play if they really wanted to, but his performance would be greatly reduced compared to his normal level. I have Influenza A at the moment and for the last 4 days I have struggled to just walk around the house. I know these guys are professional athletes and their fitness levels are ridiculously higher than mine, but his lung capacity would much lower than his normal levels right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior inside accumulator who can naturally mimic Laird's role in tight, allowing our other.miss to continue their normal role.
Seems like a lot of people have forgotten the main reason why Laird was injected into the midfield in 2020. The attribute we needed in there was speed.
We were too slow. That 10metre burst to be first to the ball or to pressure spreading opponent. Crouch does not replace this.

Yeah..

Which is fxxked.

Nothing worse than the selfish prick you work with that comes to work sick cause he’s that big a tight arse he refuses to even use a sick day… rather save them up incase he’s one day allowed to have them paid out.

I work with a bloke like this and he openly admits to it too… and on about 5 occassions in the last seven years he’s done just this.. come in with the flu, a cold, or since 2020, covid and sure enough ended up giving it to everyone else at work..

we all know a person like him..

Just annoyingly ignorant and selfish.

I am sure he could play if they really wanted to, but his performance would be greatly reduced compared to his normal level. I have Influenza A at the moment and for the last 4 days I have struggled to just walk around the house. I know these guys are professional athletes and their fitness levels are ridiculously higher than mine, but his lung capacity would much lower than his normal levels right now.

the post I replied to was referring only to the contagious nature, not the obvious performance drop. I hope he plays, rank stupidity playing with symptoms that result in them flying him seperately from the rest of the team. I played an u13 GF off the back of a flu/cold and couldn't have been more hopeless. Nearly fell over receiving a rudimentary handball in a one two scenario. Totally botched it and I reckon it was my only touch for the day.

Last edited:
Yeah..

Which is fxxked.

Nothing worse than the selfish prick you work with that comes to work sick cause he’s that big a tight arse he refuses to even use a sick day… rather save them up incase he’s one day allowed to have them paid out.

I work with a bloke like this and he openly admits to it too… and on about 5 occassions in the last seven years he’s done just this.. come in with the flu, a cold, or since 2020, covid and sure enough ended up giving it to everyone else at work..

we all know a person like him..

Just annoyingly ignorant and selfish.

PCBUs have the same duty to remove those people from workplaces under the same legislation that allowed them to introduce the vaccine mandates that you love so much. You have to wonder why they ignore that duty for ordinary flu/colds and why you don't care. You're blaming onky the employee for breaching his/her duty.

PCBUs have the same duty to remove those people from workplaces under the same legislation that allowed them to introduce the vaccine mandates that you love so much. You have to wonder why they ignore that duty for ordinary flu/colds and why you don't care. You're blaming onky the employee for breaching his/her duty.
Oh, dont worry.. as soon as everyone cottons on to him being crook.. this lad ends up getting told to go home and off he goes..

But its often too late by then isnt it.. he’s already made into the office and spread his germs.. doesnt take much to spread your germs around a corporate office let alone civil site demountable one.. and we work out of both types.

Oh, dont worry.. as soon as everyone cottons on to him being crook.. this lad ends up getting told to go home and off he goes..

But its often too late by then isnt it.. he’s already made into the office and spread his germs.. doesnt take much to spread your germs around a corporate office let alone civil site demountable one.. and we work out of both types.

on a construction site you can get away with it, depending upon the proximity of his fellow workers. Obviously site office would be off limits. The other thing that has always shat me is that the worker is being paid 100% of their rate but delivering less. Would they still turn up to work if they were going to get paid 75% of their normal rate?

Free ticket, bottom deck, Southern Stand, hb/hf flank, undercover, good view.
Can transfer to phone. 1st to pm.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

photo with drink for FullyBigKPro please. We should have a yearly award for the best vista with drink photo named after FBKP. He'd win it hands down each year but, he'd definitely deserve each win.

the post I replied to was referring only to the contagious nature, not the obvious performance drop. I hope he plays, rank stupidity playing with symptoms that result in them flying him seperately from the rest of the team. I played an u13 GF off the back of a flu/cold and couldn't have been more hopeless. Nearly fell over receiving a rudimentary handball in a one two scenario. Totally botched it and I reckon it was my only touch for the day.
Yeah seems odd that he has even flown over if he does actually have Influenza. If he does have it he must have come down with symptoms after Tuesdays game, so at best today would be day 4 for him.

Unless it is just a cold that he has and not the actual flu and then he may be up to it by now.

Senior inside accumulator who can naturally mimic Laird's role in tight, allowing our other.miss to continue their normal role.

Thats a bit of a Playstation style simplification isnt it?

I think Laird and Crouch have far more difference than similarity in the way they play and what they bring, even if they are supposedly playing the same role. No way Crouch is mimicking Laird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back