Preview Changes: R7 vs St Kilda - Monday 20/7 @ 7pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw it, I just can't believe he's good after a week.

Hard to predict that. Oh wait.

Reality probably is no unforced changes this week. Maybe Tex very keen to get back in from his knee and McAsey out or back to defence with Harto out. McAsey had twice the effective disposals as Tex, that won't be lost on our #mefirst senior player culture.

I think we judge a captaincy too much purely based on what we see. Inside the 4 walls im sure his peers have huge respect for him and walker. At the moment his form is not great so its easy to bash him, but dont underestimate our leaders behind closed doors. This is also why I'm not fussed that Talia isn't captain, he would be providing just as much leadership regardless.
Andy McLeod used to say that... you don’t need the title to be a leader...

Was hoping that Fog would be back first so we could see how our forward line looked with him as the main target.
If you get him back quick enough it doesn't give a better forward line the required time to prove its a better structure without him. He is needed for our 6 goal loss this week. Must have experience when your getting a beat down even if it leads to a larger beat down. May as well get Gibbs back in and make the whole thing complete. Who knows maybe the AFL will feel sorry for us and give us a PP. I see you AFC, not as dumb as you seem.

Last edited:
Hard to predict that. Oh wait.
If Tex is in it will be McAsey out. Tex and Hartigan are critical to our long term plans. Next out will be Hamill closely followed by some other kid who needs a "rest". If we keep playing experience they may remember to play like they did back in 2017. Genius.

You gotta laugh though. The club never fails to deliver. I wonder how long the AFL will give it until they step in. I know they hate us but they have a limit when their bottom line is being hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch "Matthew Clarke Presser July 14" on YouTube

Hardly a decent question asked. Learnt nothing other than Clarke values the ball winner over the tackler and the club will get experience back in the moment they can hit the training track. Panicking big time now.

Last edited:
No. No one is concerned by this. You’re the only one. Our senior players are mostly playing terribly and are absolutely deserving of being dropped. They are not helping us to win any games this year...
Yep. Just passing on bad habits to the youngsters at this point.

Talia excluded.

Talia stepped down from the leadership Group. Smith, Lynch, M Crouch or Doedee will be captain as they are the 4 in the group.
That's not right. The players voted for Talia and Walker but Nicks selected the group he wanted.

Said he wanted a fresh faced leadership group or something.

Talia should be captain. All the heart of Tex and Sloane but can still play.

That's not right. The players voted for Talia and Walker but Nicks selected the group he wanted.

Said he wanted a fresh faced leadership group or something.

Talia should be captain. All the heart of Tex and Sloane but can still play.
He wanted a smaller group leadership group, and it meant keeping younger players like Matt Crouch and Tom Doedee in, so in that regard it was fine.

Board were difficult enough taking the C away from Tex and compromised with the dual captain BS last year until Tex stood himself down, they're too concerned with the optics of it and doubt they would have wanted another Captain change this year.

Hardly a decent question asked. Learnt nothing other than Clarke values the ball winner over the tackler and the club will get experience back in the moment they can hit the training track. Panicking big time now.

Yep all we need is more experience!

Meltdowns are coming

Worst case scenario:

Tex for McAsey
Atkins for Sloane
Murphy for McAdam

Mackay and Hartigan locked in.
Let's assume this is it and get used to the idea by Friday's (?) selection

Then anything else will feel like a bonus

Pretty pissed that I got text message 5 mins until 5 saying I have 5 minutes to register for the ticket ballot and then when I did it they said there wasn't enough tickets to accommodate the request.

I wanted to go to this game so badly to support our club and our team and as members we're so poorly communicated with that no one bloody knows what the hell is going on, I've had 3 family members ring saying they're having the same issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back