Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no chance he plays on Dixon unless it's a rotation thing for a few minutes or something. Butts/Borlase, Keane and Worrell will all be more likely to get a strict defensive role.

He'll be half-back and I'm sure he'll get some sort of defensive duty but it won't be permanently marking a key forward.

I would of thought
Butts on Dixon
Keane on Marshall
Worrell on Finlayson (assuming he comes in)
Curtain on Georgiadis

Borlase dropped?

Surly Rozee will be late out, Port playing mind games, Has a scan on the Saturday showing minor hamstring strain but fit to play 6 days later? I smell desperation from port and imagine if he does it proper and misses 3-6 what's more important the showdown or your season. To be fair doesn't surprise me with ports track record with their medico's
I think they will rest him this week and next, after this week, they play the Cats, then some really soft kills in Hawks and North.

Port Adelaide Football Club are the quintessential flat track bullies. They will want their best players playing them.

In hindsight, holding off debuting him away in Tasmania is probably the first ounce of common sense the club has shown in a while.

This is the perfect week for it, particularly as it's our home Showdown.
I think it's surely just that this week is the week he smashed it in the SANFL. He'll be as confident as he's likely to get for a debut. But it certainly is a nice bonus that he gets to do it at home.

I am very happy at this news - I hope he does enough to continue to be selected

As a pessimist of this club I fear it could be one and done - but I truly hope not

Whisper in his ear he has all of May to play and let him bloom

When has there ever been a 6 day hamstring injury? Even at the lower end of the scale it’s always at least one week, otherwise chance of turning it into a severe tear are super high. Can’t imagine he will be able to run at full speed either.

I guess we will see but seems a stupid risk. I think he will get through the game buy at 80% but maybe that's all they need from him.

I am very happy at this news - I hope he does enough to continue to be selected

As a pessimist of this club I fear it could be one and done - but I truly hope not

Whisper in his ear he has all of May to play and let him bloom
Definitely agree he needs to be given the confidence and leeway given the tough run coming up, Port, Lions then Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back