Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex ALWAYS lifts for showdowns.... Im not too worried about him. Best to keep him 'moving' and playing whilst he is slowly getting some form back. Reckon a 'rest' would actually be worse for him at the minute.
Prior to the last one where he won the medal, he’d kicked 6 goals in 7 games against them with three 0 goal games.

FWIW, caught up with a very good mate of Nicksy. Petty is a lock to us at the end of this year. No idea on the workings of the trade but it’s all but a done deal. Will be another solid addition, along with Michalanney and Welsh to our list.
+
So, Petty's current form is tanking?
Bloody funny, gold.

I'd prefer we not draft an underperforming 197cm forward, when we have
Thilthorpe returning, obvious replacement for Tex if he retires.
  • Fogarty
  • Gollant
  • Cook
  • Burgess
hell, even Himmelberg if he can improve on last week to solidify a place.

MIDS!! The Crows need more MIDS ffs.

Petty? Ptui.

+

Bloody funny, gold.

• Fogarty
  • Gollant
  • Cook
  • Burgess

Petty? Ptui.

Need to remember too, Petty is underperforming in a Forward line that's getting fed by Gawn, Petracca, Viney, Oliver most of the game.

In our 'system' and 'gameplan' he would be utterly dreadful playing forward.

Even for our Backline, assuming N Murray comes back and progresses into his good form form late last year and with Keane looking more solid every game - he would at most be an upgrade on Butts/Borlase. That's it. Even the pinheads at the AFC would surely realise there is NO point spending big cap space or high end picks on this sort of position.

With Worrell looking very solid as a third tall, I honestly would be quite happy with Murray and Keane being our defensive KPDs. Keep one of Borlase/Butts as depth/insurance.

I REALLY hope all this Petty talk is purely a diversionary tactic and we are secretly launching massive plays at the likes of Lukosius, Oliver, Hayward or Cumming. Although not sure Reid, Kelly & Co are that shrewd.... :(

+

Bloody funny, gold.

• Fogarty
  • Gollant
  • Cook
  • Burgess

Petty? Ptui.
What is the bet Himmelberg improves massively this year...and then goes to GWS for a third round draft pick ;)

Memory might be a bit hazy watching showdowns :$ :drunk:

But with no Aliir we can really stretch them this game and Tex might have another night out.
Happy to oblige with Goal of the Year Nominee.

Ratugolea will be the one, from memory he did this against us last year or the year before at a game in Geelong.
We just need to make Ratugolea busy on his opponent & not allow him the freedom.

He will probably get Berg who needs to get on his bike like last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he goes to Tex, Tex has to take him deep inside 50m so Esava cant have the opportunity to roam up the ground.
Reckon they may use Clurey on Tez, BZT on Fog, to free up Esava on Berg... but whoever is on him needs to make him work hard & not let him be 3rd man up.

FWIW, caught up with a very good mate of Nicksy. Petty is a lock to us at the end of this year. No idea on the workings of the trade but it’s all but a done deal. Will be another solid addition, along with Michalanney and Welsh to our list.
Michalanney #2? Sure. Like it.

Welsh and Petty, all good additions. Nice.

NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE MIDS!

Sort yer s**t, AFC.

Yeah it did. There was reasoning behind my post which I won’t go into on here but some know via a PM. All I’m going to say it’s going to be very interesting to see where he plays.
Is it? Seems obvious to me he'll play in defence as he has for the whole year aside from the odd quarter here and there in the SANFL.

Has Smith trained this week?

I wonder how Tex will back up after a 5 day break and plane trip
I was watching Tex closely after the game and he could hardly move when getting across the ground to see the Crows fans. Maybe he's like that every week, but it definitely stood out to me a bit. 🤔

We have already promised Petty a spot

We have promised Melbourne a R1 pick

We dont do backsies

We are weak
If we have a top 5 picks this year we have to give up next year's R1 pick then. No way should we be giving a top 5 picks unless we are getting Melbourne's 1st coming with Petty

A normal risk for a Grade 1 hammy? We aren't idiots Kenny, that has always been a minimum of 1 game missed. No one is buying this bs.

Ask yourself Kenny, are you taking this same risk if the opponent is North?

Honestly, who gives a toss? They want their captain to play in a showdown. It may or may not backfire on them. We don't really care do we?

A normal risk for a Grade 1 hammy? We aren't idiots Kenny, that has always been a minimum of 1 game missed. No one is buying this bs.

Ask yourself Kenny, are you taking this same risk if the opponent is North?

He'll still get 25 touches and kick a goal.

Happy to oblige with Goal of the Year Nominee.

Said it when it happened, but it is absolute bullshit that a player can do this. Dummy on their preferred, then switch to their non-preferred and nail the most exquisite drop punt that not only carries 55m, but splits the centre perfectly. You would probably be able to count the amount of players in the league that could do it on one hand.

Hell, I wouldn't back 90% of our team to do that on their preferred, and Tex does it on the left. Insane goal.

Back