Prediction Changes: Round 23 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rest Lobb. No reason to send him to Canberra.

Play Fyfe.

Consider how tall we want to go. Meek or Amiss could play if needed. (Head says Meek, Heart says Amiss or Sturt)

If one of them come in, then Tucker out

Rest Lobb. No reason to send him to Canberra.

Play Fyfe.

Consider how tall we want to go. Meek or Amiss could play if needed. (Head says Meek, Heart says Amiss or Sturt)

If one of them come in, then Tucker out
Amiss? The poor bloke was in hospital a few weeks back. Let the bloke ease into it in the WAFL for a few weeks! 😂

I've lost track of what is happening with Treacy. Seems like he's fallen off the face of the earth? Not on the injury list, Didn't play for Peel. Anyone know what is going on?

I've lost track of what is happening with Treacy. Seems like he's fallen off the face of the earth? Not on the injury list, Didn't play for Peel. Anyone know what is going on?
Rolled ankle at training.

Considering Lobb and Tabs will be out injured. Logue is afraid to have a shot on goal and doesn’t have much goal sense if I’m being honest.

We should look at Fyfe and Sturt coming in. Tucker to Sub. Banners needs a run in Peel as he’s either gonna have to be in seniors or peel to get a full game in imo.

Trial a three pronged attack of Fyfe, Sturt and Logue. Freddy, Walters, Shultz and Switta as the smalls.

If all we need is a marking target to compete & get ball to ground, then we may as well bring Meek in with Fyfe. I’m positive that Meek up forward tonight could have produced more than Lobb & it gives Darcy a proper change & leaves Logue up forward who was good tonight in the conditions & took some nice contested marks.

Bottom line is we can’t play Lobb if he’s going to play like that as he is a complete liability.

I wonder if Switowski made it through okay? He kept grabbing his back at times in the third and fourth quarter....though I suppose you can just inject for that up to a certain point?

Fyfe for Lobb I am thinking is what they will do. They shouldn't discount Meek though (Maybe as a Fyfe and Meek for Lobb and Tucker) and it definitely shouldn't happen but I wonder how tempted they will be by Amiss coming back into WAFL and kicking those two goals?

JL on 720 this morning said if Sturt puts in for Peel he is a chance to play in the 22.
Message to Sturt and he was ok .Who knows , he could be in.
Yeh tough conditions for him, but he definitely showed a lot more intensity when the ball was in dispute, which by the sounds of it is what they’ve been waiting for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peak Lobb tonight, he should never have played, and he's the first to think so and played accordingly. Just rest him for two weeks and hope to hell he comes back ready to play at finals level
I was disappointed in the heart shown by a few in the first half - Tucker, Schultz, Chapman, Clark, Aish to name a few all lacked intensity at select times in a hot first half, to their credit most improved after half time
Out Lobb, Tucker
In Meek, Fyfe if he is fit and if not Banfield

Considering Lobb and Tabs will be out injured. Logue is afraid to have a shot on goal and doesn’t have much goal sense if I’m being honest.

We should look at Fyfe and Sturt coming in. Tucker to Sub. Banners needs a run in Peel as he’s either gonna have to be in seniors or peel to get a full game in imo.

Trial a three pronged attack of Fyfe, Sturt and Logue. Freddy, Walters, Shultz and Switta as the smalls.
That’s good enough. Fyfe should be the number 1 target.
Throw in Meek and have Darcy chop out in the forward line.
Fyfe, Sturt and Logue still gives something.

In: Fyfe, Meek, Sturt
Out: Lobb, Banfield, Tucker

Lobb got flogged by a better player on a wet night while playing injured. I am shocked to be sitting here.

I hope he is ok for the next few weeks or we are done.
Barass is a beast. No easy feat.
Blame Tabs this season for being unfit. He would’ve taken Barass and Lobb would dominate Hurn or Edwards

But thought should’ve just played Meek and allow Darcy switch onto Barass. Lobb playing tonight was way too hard

I wonder if Switowski made it through okay? He kept grabbing his back at times in the third and fourth quarter....though I suppose you can just inject for that up to a certain point?

Fyfe for Lobb I am thinking is what they will do. They shouldn't discount Meek though (Maybe as a Fyfe and Meek for Lobb and Tucker) and it definitely shouldn't happen but I wonder how tempted they will be by Amiss coming back into WAFL and kicking those two goals?
Amiss is a no.
Hard to ignore Meek. Can’t have Logue rucking in the finals chopping out Lobb as FF. Prefer play two rucks and have Tabs, Lobb and Logue staying forward.

Peak Lobb tonight, he should never have played, and he's the first to think so and played accordingly. Just rest him for two weeks and hope to hell he comes back ready to play at finals level
I was disappointed in the heart shown by a few in the first half - Tucker, Schultz, Chapman, Clark, Aish to name a few all lacked intensity at select times in a hot first half, to their credit most improved after half time
Out Lobb, Tucker
In Meek, Fyfe if he is fit and if not Banfield
I'm sorry, Aish was fantastic tonight one of our best on.
Edit: Clark was very good as well..

In: Meek, Fyfe
Out: Lobb, Tucker
Medi Sub: Sturt or Blakely

Tucker and Banfield to Peel

Tucker is very underwhelming in the AFL at the moment. Very useful at Peel though. Banfield needs a full game.

Even though Sturt was quiet in patches I thought he put together a decent game and could have been kicked to a bit more often. Had two posters so wasn’t far off another good game.

Blakely and Meek were best for Peel for mine and I’d have them both on the plane along with Sturt.

JLo said they expect Lobb to get up but I’d give him a rest which would end up being a fortnight. We have locked in a home final at worst and I think bringing in Meek for a clearly hampered Lobb will improve our team. Logue and Fyfe as medium talls along with Darcy and Meek rotating. Meek has been spending some time up forward for Peel the last couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back