Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Oops, missed him, but would be happy for him to develop in the SANFL. Showed early he has the intensity required at AFL level. Needs to develop his skills.
I like Berry but shouldn’t the skills, particularly kicking, in most part already be there by the time you’re drafted? Once you’re on a list it's more fitness, conditioning, tactics etc.

Out: McHenry, Murphy, McPherson, Himmelberg
In: Worrall, McAsey, Murray, Hately

FB: McAsey, Butts, Brown
HB: Smith, Doedee, Hamil
C: Sholl, Keays, Seed
HF: Schoenberg , Thilthorpe, Sloane
FF: Rowe, Tex, Murray
Ruck: Obrien, Fogarty, Laird

INT: Berry, Kelly, Worrall, Hately

SUB: MacKay

Kids are our future! We still need experience to mentor on the field though! Play to fast track player development. If we snag a win, it’s the bonus.

Mackay is hardly our future and neither is Walker to be brutally honest.

walker stays in for leadership and experience only, but we seriously need to plan for a forward line without him in the coming years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In:
O'Connor, Worrell, Jones, Murray, Hately
Out:
McHenry inj Murphy inj Walker rested McPherson Himmelberg

Brown Butts Doedee
Smith Murray Hamill
Seedsman Sloane Worrell
Schoenberg Fogarty Hately
Rowe Thilthorpe Berry

ROB Laird Keays

O'Connor Kelly Sholl Jones

Sub: Himmelberg

Out: McHenry, Murphy, McPherson, Himmelberg
In: Worrall, McAsey, Murray, Hately

FB: McAsey, Butts, Brown
HB: Smith, Doedee, Hamil
C: Sholl, Keays, Seed
HF: Schoenberg , Thilthorpe, Sloane
FF: Rowe, Tex, Murray
Ruck: Obrien, Fogarty, Laird

INT: Berry, Kelly, Worrall, Hately

SUB: MacKay
Is that like, because we have refused to play more than one KPD for most of the year, we're going to now overcompensate and play all of them?

Out
Himmelberg
McHenry
Murphy

In
Murray
Hately
McPherson (sub)

Need to drop a tall forward for a tall defender for balance.

I would be playing Sloane more half forward due to a small out injured. With Fog increased role up forward, another mid would be picked.

Then McPherson was the sub. I would play him on the wing or even periods in the guts.

O’Connor and Jones miss out and let them back up another good performance in the SANFL.
O'Connor has played very well in 4 of the 6 SANFL games - give him a chance at the top level or lose him. He hasn't re-signed yet to my knowledge.

I have been thinking about our small forward options for this week to replace Ned and Murphy. I think Berry would be a good option to play that high pressure forward, he has obviously struggled with his goal kicking accuracy, but I think he will improve that with more exposure at this level once he gets used to the speed of the game.

Newchurch is the only other option and as has been said by many he is not really ready to come in. Seeing as Ned will hopefully only be out for 1 game (unless the concussion is a bad one) then it would potentially only be a 1 week stint for Newchurch if he did come in, would be a bit rough on him if that was the way we went. So for me Berry would be the way to go, with a restructure of the forward line to suit.

McAdam didn't really impress in the SANFL on the weekend so he shouldn't be in line for a recall, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does come back in to replace one of them.

I like Berry but shouldn’t the skills, particularly kicking, in most part already be there by the time you’re drafted? Once you’re on a list it's more fitness, conditioning, tactics etc.
You would hope so. But can always improve, especially in a professional environment when you’re paid to just do football. I think Sloane was one who sharpened his foot skills up when he first got drafted. Berry is not dissimilar to Sloane in his tenacity - hopefully he has the dedication and ability to do what Sloane has done with his skills.

It could also be occasion and with time, instead of kicking points, Berry nails the important goals, as Sloane does time and again.

I'm a little concerned about TT. From the Crows' website, you'd think that everything is fine: after all, "he returned to the field and played the game out". However, he was injured!

Shouldn't they be displaying due diligence and doing scans this week? Would not a weakened ligament be asking for trouble if they keep on playing him? In this particular season, why not give him a precautionary rest from both competitions until there is firm evidence that no further problems should occur?

Sloane and Doedee

Depends on the character of the draftee if they are up to the challenge.

In any case I would be developing Berry as a Brett Kirk type player. Not one to judge by his uncontested possession count.

It's really not flawed at all.

If a kid is a sub, even for 10 minutes it's a total waste of their time. DMac can sit on the bench, and miss SANFL games and it doesn't harm his career at all.
Imagine the media flack we will cop if a guy is injured with 15 minutes to play and we are 5 goals down and don't use our sub.

Preferring to have that kid play a full SANFL game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm a little concerned about TT. From the Crows' website, you'd think that everything is fine: after all, "he returned to the field and played the game out". However, he was injured!

Shouldn't they be displaying due diligence and doing scans this week? Would not a weakened ligament be asking for trouble if they keep on playing him? In this particular season, why not give him a precautionary rest from both competitions until there is firm evidence that no further problems should occur?
I'm sure they will

Imagine the media flack we will cop if a guy is injured with 15 minutes to play and we are 5 goals down and don't use our sub.

Preferring to have that kid play a full SANFL game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It's a stupid situation to have to be in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back